Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah the biggest downside to importing from D1 was not being able to change my main character face and keep the progress. I guess at this point I could vault all the gear, delete and remake the one I want but that's the one I've overloaded with all my account quests

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I unlocked the leviathan's breath (man that arms dealer finale I'm sure for you super heroes it was easy, I had two hunters who were worse than NPCS so it was nerve wracking the whole fight including the end of the fight where I literally one it with a play of the game). That is a beefy boy boy.

i struggled through that with a couple of pubs. been so long since i've had to do that full fight for any reason and the addition of constant bombardment meaning you can't stand still for even a second just felt unnecessary.

I had a titan who was using Spiteful Fang with a precision shotgun (strike 1), who had a surrounded spec mod on the bow despite no bow in the game being able to drop with that perk (strike 2), and who would only use his super (bottom tree sentinel) to dps the boss (strike 3).

The boss fight took more time the entire rest of the strike due to this deadweight titan. It would have been easier without him, because we would have had less orbital shots to deal with.

• Options
    @DodgeBlan
    Hey, just letting you know here I won’t be able to make the raid this weekend. Probably will be able to make it next weekend when you guys can carry me to victory with your pro final boss strats I’m sure you’ll learn tomorrow.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    @surrealitycheck lookin good but ppl will just assume you're a new guardian if they see you in the tower with the wings

I read on reddit that the exotics from the Red War campaign are no longer rewarded in the story missions for some reason. But I can't verify that.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    @DodgeBlan
    Hey, just letting you know here I won’t be able to make the raid this weekend. Probably will be able to make it next weekend when you guys can carry me to victory with your pro final boss strats I’m sure you’ll learn tomorrow.

thanks for the heads up Ronzo!

@AspectVoid @metaghost are you around/interested?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Does anybody on PS4 feel like helping me run 3 Nightfalls (not The Ordeal) tonight to finish out my Truth map fragment?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Is there a list of what things actually progress the vow catalyst quest?

It seems like nightfalls don't? Or at least the Ordeal ones?

Maybe I should just grind out 56 Mayhem matches. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So people are comparing Momentum Control to Swat Mode in Halo

Hell yeah

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sending up another notice about the Leviathan raid I'd like to run tonight on the XB1 side of the clan if anyone's interested. Plenty of room for old and new players to make a night of running around the inside of a giant living ship and shooting Cabal trying to take a bath.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @DodgeBlan gonna pass on it this weekend

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Sending up another notice about the Leviathan raid I'd like to run tonight on the XB1 side of the clan if anyone's interested. Plenty of room for old and new players to make a night of running around the inside of a giant living ship and shooting Cabal trying to take a bath.

Is this cross play friendly? I don't know how this works.

What time are you thinking?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I was thinking 8PM-EST though 9's good too. And you'd have to transfer your save over to the XB1 if it's not there already.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Is this cross play friendly? I don't know how this works.

What time are you thinking?

You can't crossplay. If you own both, you can link up your save and play wherever the game you want to join is, however.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Is there a list of what things actually progress the vow catalyst quest?

It seems like nightfalls don't? Or at least the Ordeal ones?

Maybe I should just grind out 56 Mayhem matches. :rotate:

I've made it to like 36%. Mostly by quickly swapping to Eriana's Vow at the last second. This quest is the stupidest thing. 100 fucking activities with this thing equipped just to be able to start the catalyst? What are you smoking Bungie?

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I saw Xur was selling Suros Regime, got it yesterday, figured I’d give it a shot in Crucible.

Fuck what a beautiful gun.

• Options
    Shamus wrote: »
    I saw Xur was selling Suros Regime, got it yesterday, figured I’d give it a shot in Crucible.

Got one of my own and it's indeed fun to use thanks to it's two firing modes.

• Options
    Shamus wrote: »

Got one of my own and it's indeed fun to use thanks to it's two firing modes.

I love the second, slower rate a fire when zoomed. Good stability, just running through people right now.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Let's all relive the original SUROS Regime report:
    https://youtu.be/o-4AU0PqMOk

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mountaintop get!

Man forget Mayhem and forget The Colony, take a Play of the Game (Y1, or Y2 with Proximity Grenades) into competitive and fight your ass off for heavy. I got 75% of my progress tonight in a two hour period.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Mountaintop get!

Man forget Mayhem and forget The Colony, take a Play of the Game (Y1, or Y2 with Proximity Grenades) into competitive and fight your ass off for heavy. I got 75% of my progress tonight in a two hour period.

Yup, that's how I did it. And that was back before they made it way easier. (grumblegrumblewellfarepinnacles)

Just camp heavy and run around with Play of the Game and blow people the fuck up. Hopefully while they are standing next to each other.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I shamelessly stole the heavy every match and got my triple kill with Play of the Game. Rinse and repeat a few dozen times.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    True Mountaintop strats: play during the Revelry, be a hunter, constantly be invisible and reload the Fighten' Lion thanks to infinite dodge.

• Options
    Tonight, I did the unthinkable

I successfully LFG'd a whole GoS

And I got the cloak from the last chest so even MORE neon!!
    6ppsy552tgld.png

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I started tonight with 0 glory

4 games later, i managed to work my way up to zero glory.

the lowest glory I encountered was 3500, all 4 matches were a 3-stack against my 2-stack+random

what in the blue fuck is that matchmaking. why the fuck would any new light player ever, ever go there? is bungie's goal just to let the top 1% of pop player pubstomp so they won't complain about pvp on twitch?

ronzo on
  • Options
    Did you select solo queue or nah? Pretty sure if you do solo it'll produce more fair matches

I understand the frustration. It's honestly probably the time you're playing, which is like peak sweat hours when the most players are playing.

That being said it's by far the easiest season to climb in so if you tough it out it'll probably improve over time.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oh my. How have I not used jade rabbit before? It’s so crispy.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Oh my. How have I not used jade rabbit before? It’s so crispy.

I just got the catalyst done the other day. It makes it quite ridiculous. I'm supposed to start working on my Mida Catalyst but can't seem to stop using it.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I am currently at brave 1 having gone 2-4 this season including 1 week's bonus glory. the gains seem to vastly outnumber the losses at least. but yeah I am only doing freelance and generally only just aiming for 4 matches a week to hit the challenge, because yeah losses feel way more brutal mentally to me.

• Options
    Did you select solo queue or nah? Pretty sure if you do solo it'll produce more fair matches

I understand the frustration. It's honestly probably the time you're playing, which is like peak sweat hours when the most players are playing.

That being said it's by far the easiest season to climb in so if you tough it out it'll probably improve over time.

Not the solo queue, because it was me and my brother. We also proceeded to lose 4 mayhem matches in a row plus a game of control. Nothing like being the top of the score board every fans and going 0-9.

For comp, I’m very confused why it can’t match 2+1 against 2+1 and why it has to continuously fuck the 2+1 group with constant 3 stacks. Surprisingly, I think I prefer the old 4v4 setup.

Also, it’s nice to see shards of galinor still makes mayhem and unfun pile of crap if the other side has too many hunters. Don’t know why that hasn’t been fixed.

• Options
    The issue is now with solo queue, you have to be crazy to solo in the team queue. So it's hard when you're a two stack to even find a third rando, let alone the game try to match based on that

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Boy, I think Sanctified Mind is the worst fight they've ever made. Tied with Val Ca'our maybe. Finnicky nonsense. That tether mechanic is awful.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I decided to dip my toes into Competitive for Randy's tonight and went 3-0. Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Also

I made it!

1Bp0zx8.jpg

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The issue is now with solo queue, you have to be crazy to solo in the team queue. So it's hard when you're a two stack to even find a third rando, let alone the game try to match based on that

Yup. The problem with 2+1 is who's the 1? All the 1s are in solo queue and for good reason. One game I used to play actually didn't allow certain stack sizes because of this problem.

In general I would suggest not going into team comp at all unless you wanna play with the sweats.

shryke on
  • Options
    3 weeks later, because Shadowkeep launch kind of got in the way, but I finally got my Shadow title. One of the ones I really wanted.

All I needed was the week 3 specific things. Crown of Sorrow "With Both Hands" challenge and Flawless Heroic Menagerie hydra boss.

Flawless Menagerie is a fucking joke now btw. Jesus, we barely needed a strategy. Just have some wells and rotating banner shields and we fucking wiped him out by mid-way through the second plate without anything like a close call.

The hardest thing was actually getting people to do Crown with the challenge. 99% of LFG groups these days are learning runs. Which is nice to see for the game, but annoying when you just wanna get that shit done.

Anyway, with that done I have Undying to finish out by mindlessly running Vex Offensive till my brain leaks out my ears. Reckoner is just ... ugh, no. So much stupid gambit prime grinding for that shit.

I may actually go for Unbroken though as I'm literally just max comp level in this season and then the next away from it. I'll see what the comp climb is like in the upper levels I guess.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Any D2 vets here find Xur just...not even disappointing, but like, I actually dread going to him? I've got a weapon from every single Shadowkeep Fated Engram so far, and I was honestly not looking forward to seeing which one it was today so my clanmates could laugh, again. I just want some 2.0 armour dammit.

Riskrunner, if you were wondering.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    I’m at 82% for Randy’s medals bar and 114/300 on the Suros Catalyst. Today is the day to get both done. Then I swear I’ll go back to the Forsaken campaign.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Any D2 vets here find Xur just...not even disappointing, but like, I actually dread going to him? I've got a weapon from every single Shadowkeep Fated Engram so far, and I was honestly not looking forward to seeing which one it was today so my clanmates could laugh, again. I just want some 2.0 armour dammit.

Riskrunner, if you were wondering.

Personally, I just don't even bother at this point. If I need an Exotic armor, I'll just pull it from the collection with whatever dumb stats it has and deal with it.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Finding a speeder with no summon time has been a real quality of life improvement.
    So was Xur selling me a minigun.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So I'll be starting up today. I have some questions...

1. The PC clan appears full, do we have an overflow for it?
    2. I'm not quite clear on something like unlocking a new Ghost shell, is that per account or per hero? I understand that I need to take each hero through the missions to unlock raids and such, but are cosmetics per hero unless you get them as say a preorder bonus? I know titles and background persist across accounts.
    3. Does the game downscale you if you go back to do old content, so if I want to go into something that if the mechanics allow could be solo'd just to get hidden items and then 2 shot the final boss, or do I need to ask for help because raids and strikes and such are made ina way that you need more than one person?
    4. I was planning on going Hunter, Warlock, Titan, since I hear Titan is a bit underwhelming right now, or have I heard wrong?
    5. Is it worth it for me to grind up to maximum on all 3 before I get to Forsaken content, or is it just smarter to experience the content with a couple of maxed out players and have them shot everything to death in the interest of time so I can do the current shadowkeep content with the rest of you sooner? I'd have to do the base game and forsaken 3 times and that could take a while without a bit of speedrunning. I only ask since I assume that as soon as I get to the next set of content blues and such drop that outclass all the old exotics I would have had, so it's more important to just get all the necessary flags per account and per hero that allow me to progress, since I only need to experience the story elements the first time.

I think that's good for starters.

EDIT I forgot one!

6. Is it smart to hold onto engrams and wait for max level (at least in the base game) then open them, or just open them whenever?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    3)The campaigns are totally doable solo. I played through the Red War without an issue. I haven’t touched older raids yet, but they’ve added matchmaking to a lot of the strikes.
    4)I only play Hunter, since it’s the best, but Titan seems fun as far imitating Thor and Captain America.
    5)I think the trick is once you level up one Gaurdian, you can equip current gear on your second and third to boost them to current light level.

Edit: Since you’re New Light, there’s going to be a lot of information you’re bombarded with. All the Quests serve as introducing you to different parts of the game. It’s very generous with gearing you up quickly, but can be confusing.

There is a quest that sends you to the Hangar to start the campaign. If you want to jump straight into it, however, you can run right over and talk to Holliday. She’ll start you on the campaigns.

Shamus on