Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Liar's Handshake + Thunder Coil + Combination Blow is disgusting.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Dusda wrote: »
    Try one two punch also

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Thank you Xur for Young Ahamkara’s Spine. My grenades are doing work now.

I need a button so I can have multiple set ups. These exotics keep changing my playstyle.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »

I need a button so I can have multiple set ups. These exotics keep changing my playstyle.

DIM is your friend, it's an app you can use to make loadouts and save them

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Dusda wrote: »
    Try one two punch also

Oh my. So this isn't Destiny anymore, it's a secret sequel to God Hand.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Season pass Exotic Engram!
    Riskrunner. Ooooooookkkk then. Guess I have another.
    Riskrunner.
    Bungo plz.

• Options
    It has to be a bug, that Riskrunner thing. I've gotten more than a few from the seasonal track

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Riskrunner. Ooooooookkkk then. Guess I have another.
    Riskrunner.
    Bungo plz.

your next Prime Engram is gonna give you an exotic. guess what's its gonna be. :P

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    My season pass exotic engrams were crimson, graviton, fighting lion. Ugh

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Shamus wrote: »

DIM is your friend, it's an app you can use to make loadouts and save them

You’re a life saver.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    So I'll be starting up today. I have some questions...

1. The PC clan appears full, do we have an overflow for it?
    2. I'm not quite clear on something like unlocking a new Ghost shell, is that per account or per hero? I understand that I need to take each hero through the missions to unlock raids and such, but are cosmetics per hero unless you get them as say a preorder bonus? I know titles and background persist across accounts.
    3. Does the game downscale you if you go back to do old content, so if I want to go into something that if the mechanics allow could be solo'd just to get hidden items and then 2 shot the final boss, or do I need to ask for help because raids and strikes and such are made ina way that you need more than one person?
    4. I was planning on going Hunter, Warlock, Titan, since I hear Titan is a bit underwhelming right now, or have I heard wrong?
    5. Is it worth it for me to grind up to maximum on all 3 before I get to Forsaken content, or is it just smarter to experience the content with a couple of maxed out players and have them shot everything to death in the interest of time so I can do the current shadowkeep content with the rest of you sooner? I'd have to do the base game and forsaken 3 times and that could take a while without a bit of speedrunning. I only ask since I assume that as soon as I get to the next set of content blues and such drop that outclass all the old exotics I would have had, so it's more important to just get all the necessary flags per account and per hero that allow me to progress, since I only need to experience the story elements the first time.

I think that's good for starters.

EDIT I forgot one!

6. Is it smart to hold onto engrams and wait for max level (at least in the base game) then open them, or just open them whenever?

2. A ghost shell is more a usable item than a cosmetic, so you could transfer the one you got from a drop or whatever to other characters. It also unlocks it in your Collection, so you can always pull another one out for a fee, though the perks it has will be somewhat randomized. Most cosmetic things are across the whole account except for like... the armor ornaments, those are per class.
    3. You can't really overlevel stuff. Once your Power Level is at the Power Level of your enemies, you don't really gain any more over them, so old content will still have a challenge. Unless you're a pro streamer, you'll 99.9% of the time need help with a raid. Most strike activities are matchmade though. Some special quest-based strikes / missions aren't matchmade. You might have to ask for help sometimes.
    4. I feel like they're all solid right now. I wouldn't say Titan is underwhelming at all. Their bubble Super is desirable in hard content like raids, they have like the best PVP super right now (about to get nerfed, we'll see...), they're good all around.
    5. Personally, I would say stick with one character and try to experience everything with that one. There's so much stuff for a new player, I feel trying to keep up with multiple classes would be crazy
    6. Open your engrams so you can get your Power Level up. If there's a roll you really like, keep it and you can raise its Power Level up later through infusion.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I tried Comp yesterday for the first time since, I think, the first week of D2. Went 0 and 4 with each game being progressively worse, possibly due to my becoming increasing frustrated but I'm pretty sure the opposing players were actually increasing good. The last game I literally only got killed by grenade launchers over the 4 matches it took them to shut us out. Rocked a solid 0.0 that game. So maybe no Recluse for me.

Lessons learned were: a) Main Ingredient is a great FR for PvE and worked pretty well in IB but the charge time is too slow for Comp, or else I'm just better at timing the charge on Wizened Rebuke somehow. 2) I do not know how to use pocket supernova.

Also, sorry @DodgeBlan , I saw your message about The Ordeal come in but was in the middle of the first (actually competitive, feeling relatively decent) game and then forgot to respond as my rage grew.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    I'm about to download this on PS4 just to help folks run comp

If only there was an easy way to drop my Glory down so I wouldn't be dragging people into top tier matches

• Options
    Edgewise get! one weapon down, two to go. i'm not far off on Exit Strategy and making decent progress on Randy's(though not as much as i'd like at this stage). with a bit of luck i'll hopefully have all three with at least a couple weeks in the season to spare.

• Options
    I’d kill for a button to highlight targets/objective like Gears 5 has. Maybe then my teammates could realize there’s other points aside from B.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Z76Dluh.png

SUWDPsF.png

Got both done. I’m taking a few days off from Crucible, as much as I love hearing Shaxx tell me he loves hunters.

Shamus on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    TjFfim8h.png

The Warlock coat from the EDZ looks good, especially when you give it the right shader.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Yes every multiplayer game needs apex ping system

It’s hard to play in a world without it. Even with mics pinging is so great

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    After learning the Undying Seal won't be available after this season, I decided to hit the pursuits hard. I figured I'd go after the Crucible stuff first, so I jumped into the solo Survival queue to gain glory. 17 games later and I had earned the 2100 Glory for that part of Randy's. I hit Fabled I, too, and mentioned in discord that it was probably my new highest rank in Glory.

I was told that means I could grab Recluse.

I'll be honest, I barely pay any attention to the Crucible talk around here since I literally almost never play it. I know Recluse is held up as a great weapon, but I figured I'd never be in reach of it. It was a goal I didn't think I'd ever hit, so I had basically permanently pushed it out of my mind. So... my response was that I should probably at least go grab the quest for Recluse, lol. I learned I'm only at 77% of the wins towards the Triumph, though, so I guess I gotta get some more wins.

All this to say that if someone like me who never plays Crucible can hit Fabled this season, then anyone can. It felt like the glory gain was huge and the glory loss was minimal.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Here's another question I forgot to ask about. There's a battlepass now, will I be missing out on a great deal of stuff since I wasn't planning on getting Forsaken until I "finished" the base game and likewise for Shadowkeep until I "finish" Forsaken. I realize I get some stuff without the seasonal battlepass, but if I were to purchase Shadowkeep before the end of the season, does it auto unlock all the seasonal battlepass rewards retroactively? I would assume yes.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    recluse is ridiculous. it's actually too good, so it kinda sucks feeling like i'm handicapping myself when i don't use it. but it's very satisfying to use. i'm shit at pvp and i actually got it in one 4ish hour sitting. i did get lucky and won most of the games in that timeframe, but even worst case scenario where i lost more it likely wouldn't have taken me longer than a few hours a day for a couple of days.

unrelated, just in case anyone still isn't aware, you can grind out vanguard weapons like edgewise if you queue into a nightfall solo and go off path.

this week 'the corrupted' is up. and you can literally just go to the right and go back into dreaming city proper and do stuff like the blind well and get progress toward things. but as it's a nighfall you can't switch your loadout so make sure you have the shit you want before going in.

for example, edgewise needs solar and machine gun kills. fixed odds from menagerie is a solar machine gun, so that helps kill two birds with one stone. also avalanche if you got that last year.

it took me a few hours, but probably less time than it would have just grinding strike playlists.

it helps if you put on the artifact ability that gets you heavy ammo from finishers. it takes half your super bar, but if you're in the blind well you'll get your super every few seconds by picking up orbs anyway.

also this works for vanguard bounties and such, in case you want an easy way to knock those out.

i'm considering doing the same for wendigo, but getting grenade launcher kills is such a pain in the ass...

Adus on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The Nightfall for me this week has been Savathun's Song. You sure it's The Corrupted?

• Options
    Savathun's is the Ordeal

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    this is something that it took me longer than it should have to figure out, but you want to select nightfall to the far right on the strike screen, not nightfall the ordeal. which is just the previous nightfall way to do things. 3 strikes to choose from, challenge card, etc.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2w8YhGwO4

One of my favorite Destiny streamers spends a few hours with My Name Is Byf, chatting about the Shadowkeep lore-books and the theory put up by the revealed entries accessed through the Collector's Edition Cryptoglyph. Nice to listien to in the background while playing the game. And yes, there's some lore-reading by MNiB if you dig that.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The Nightfall for me this week has been Savathun's Song. You sure it's The Corrupted?

The Corrupted is one of the old school Nightfalls. this weeks Ordeal is Savathun's Song.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Just watched Datto's video on the ritual weapons and I gotta say, Randy's looks quite fun. Plus I'm in the market for a kinetic scout, since my beloved Nightshade doesn't pair as well with Recluse as I'd like, even with its range masterwork.

And as everybody has been saying, 'tis the season to hit Fabled in comp. The grind to Legend seems almost as painful as before, but Fabled is incredibly doable.

And the Recluse is a monster.

• Options
    zhMAsW4h.png

Kinda neat how the bunnies change position as you keep collecting them.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Hmm Corrupted is back in rotation? Anybody on xbox want to grind for Horror's Least? Rapid fire pulses are incredibly fetch right now.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Recluse and Mountaintop as a pair are so stupidly good that using them together instead of literally any other weapons makes a nightfall feel about 20 levels easier.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    A dumb question. Where is the toggle for helmet on/off? Everyone in the city has a helmet on and mine is off, I don't seem to see it in my character screen. Also I did the first strike that Zav sends you on as part of the tutorial and god was that fun. I haven't done coop in ages.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Hmm Corrupted is back in rotation? Anybody on xbox want to grind for Horror's Least? Rapid fire pulses are incredibly fetch right now.

not tonight, but i would love to get a run of it done for the Forsaken Nightfall boss achievement before the reset. if folks are grinding for a drop i'd be up for a couple runs tomorrow or monday.

• Options
    taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I don't know how people are having such an easy time in comp this season. I got recluse and mountaintop both last season and am close to lunas, but according to redrix the 8 games ive played since shadowkeep Ive gone 1-7 and my average KD is 1.29 but the match I won I went 1.0 where as the rest are all way lower. I was just getting matched with fucking beasts

To clarify my all time kd average is 1.29

taco543 on
  • Options
    A dumb question. Where is the toggle for helmet on/off? Everyone in the city has a helmet on and mine is off, I don't seem to see it in my character screen. Also I did the first strike that Zav sends you on as part of the tutorial and god was that fun. I haven't done coop in ages.

On console, there's a Helmet option on the left side of the Options screen (represented by a gear) that you can toggle to always on or off in non-combat areas.

• Options
    taco543 wrote: »
    I don't know how people are having such an easy time in comp this season. I got recluse and mountaintop both last season and am close to lunas, but according to redrix the 8 games ive played since shadowkeep Ive gone 1-7 and my average KD is 1.29 but the match I won I went 1.0 where as the rest are all way lower. I was just getting matched with fucking beasts

Feels dumb to ask but are you in the team queue or solo queue?

• Options
    taco543 wrote: »

you're not alone. while i have won a few matches and made progress, my experience with comp seems totally at odds with everyone elses. it might just be that i'm not enjoying it and so that's making it feel harder/more gruelling but i definitely feel like i'm the odd one out compared to how everyone else is faring. don't have other seasons to compare to, so can't speak to whether it is easier to progress or not, just that its been stressing me out so far and i'll be glad when i'm done with it.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

On console, there's a Helmet option on the left side of the Options screen (represented by a gear) that you can toggle to always on or off in non-combat areas.

Found it, thanks.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Found it, thanks.

Probably the annoying thing about that is if you want to see what a shader looks like on the whole suit while in the City, you gotta set it to always on.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Picked up Liar's Handshake.
    Long story short, I might be a hunter main now.
    May God forgive me.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Picked up Liar's Handshake.
    Long story short, I might be a hunter main now.
    May God forgive me.

you're dead to me.