As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I like how they say "Elimination returns" but it's been back

WHERE MY TRIALS NEWS BUNGO

Maybe tomorrow?

According to reddit, some of the D1 Trials streamers (like RealKraffty) are apparently headed up to Bungie for some event in the near future. I get the sense that means Trials (or whatever the equivalent is) will be "unlocked" at a later date and accompanied by some sort of dorky E-Sport thing held at Bungie HQ.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    They sure know how to cut a hype reel

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    inb4 Sundial is just Vex Offensive but they replace the boss with a Psion Flayer :lol:

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Wonder if Osiris can figure out how to summon our sparrow on Mercury yet.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

xgPAQL6l.png

vq2TEKC.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

A ghost can do that?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Finally! The payoff to perfect paradox.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    The one thing that trailer didn't provide was any compelling reason for me to not consistently refer to this as the Season of Dong, because I am 8 years old.

Peen on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    metaghost wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    I like how they say "Elimination returns" but it's been back

WHERE MY TRIALS NEWS BUNGO

Maybe tomorrow?

According to reddit, some of the D1 Trials streamers (like RealKraffty) are apparently headed up to Bungie for some event in the near future. I get the sense that means Trials (or whatever the equivalent is) will be "unlocked" at a later date and accompanied by some sort of dorky E-Sport thing held at Bungie HQ.

Trials is clearly coming back. It's just a matter of when this year imo.

If what you say is true, I'm betting we'll see some sort of Trials launch stream after some reveal during this season's story that necessitates Trials of Osiris returning.

shryke on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

xgPAQL6l.png

They finally fixed the bug!

I wonder if that means there's an ovehaul of Mercury, even a minor one, in store next season.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It looked like Mercury is getting a makeover. In some sense, I wouldn't be surprised if they literally had to rebuild the entirety of Mercury to enable sparrow-usage.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I cant wait to do the mission that erases Curse of Osiris from all timelines.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    but can i headbutt brother vance to death?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gonna be real awkward when my Titan rolls up wearing his hat.

3clipse wrote: »
    Gonna be real awkward when my Titan rolls up wearing his hat.

"They called me the greatest Titan ever"
    "Yeah, they used to."

For people wondering what exactly will go away on Tuesday (my personal annotations in red-bold):
    Season of the Undying ends at the weekly reset on December 10, 2019. Players have until this date to complete any Season of the Undying quest.

Once Season of Dawn begins, the following list of items will no longer be available to players from Season of the Undying:

Season of the Undying Season Pass and bonuses from the Season Pass
    Season of the Undying Seal and Title
    The Vex Offensive
    Vex invasions on the Moon
    Weapon frames and bounties from Ikora for the Vex Offensive
    Ikora’s Vex Offensive Weekly Challenge
    Emblems and Shader Quests/items from Season of the Undying
    Incomplete items in the Collection Badge will turn invisible
    Lore – “The Last Days on Kraken Mare” (this drops randomly from Ikora's Vex Offensive bounties - both the weeklies and dailies and possibly the repeatables)
    The Gatelord’s Eye seasonal artifact
    Player power increase from the Gatelord’s Eye
    Season of the Undying artifact mods
    The Leviathan's Breath exotic quest if players didn't own the Season Pass
    Season of the Undying specific materials (Vex components, etc)

And the following Season 8 Triumphs will no longer be available to earn:
    Season 8: Power Bonus
    Season 8: Progress
    The Front Lines
    Final Assault
    Rapid Assault
    Precise Assault
    Perfect Assault
    Flawless Assault
    Offensive Expert
    Offensive Tactician
    Offensive Sharpshooter
    Offensive Finisher
    Operative
    Moonlight Crescendo
    Lunar Fashion
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Crater Spark
    Over the Moon (everything up to this point is from the Seasonal section)
    Season 8: Vanguard
    Season 8: Nightfall (these two are Vanguard)
    Season 8: Engagement
    Season 8: Rituals (these two are Gambit)
    Season 8: Combat
    Season 8: Challenges
    Season 8: Valor Legend
    Season 8: Valor
    Season 8: Glory Streak
    Season 8: Glory
    Season 8: Iron Banner
    Season 8: Iron Will (the remainder of these are Crucible)

vq2TEKC.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Can I buy levels on my pass yet?

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Oh no, not Vex Mind Components.

(Thanks for the list, Vaga, it is useful).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'm more sad about Vex Invasions leaving than anything else. Those were way more fun than. The Vex Offensive.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Can I buy levels on my pass yet?

Pretty sure I saw that being available last week. 100 silver a level, I think?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Well, you'll be happy to know that The ^V Offensive is NOTHING like The ^C Offensive uh wait nevermind. As long as Mercury isn't that wretched sparrowless shithole and Brother Vance gets his brain back.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    It's a little irritating to me that I'm an old enough man that one drink slows my reflexes down enough that I have a rough time in PvP. It's also irritating that sometimes in comp I need to just admit that a fusion rifle is the best choice and that I need to put my shotgun away because the other team's just not having it and I'm getting killed for no reason.
    For me it's the opposite. Alcohol gets me out of the "I need to win" mindset and puts me in "Let's have some fun" frame of mind and suddenly I'm nailing shots that would impossible for sober me. Of course I'm probably starting from a very different place than you reflex-wise, so losing a few dozen milliseconds to chemical blur doesn't really change much for me in any case.

I'm far far better with a shotgun than a fusion rifle. I never could get the hang of those things. I had to get 25 fusion rifle kills for one bounty or the other this weekend and it was a very frustrating few hours to get past it.

26904.png
    It took me two matches to get my 20 Fusion Rifle kills for the Iron Banner bounty. A well-rolled Erentil is so sick:
    5K3Q2hwh.png

vq2TEKC.png
    Stupid wrote: »
    It's a little irritating to me that I'm an old enough man that one drink slows my reflexes down enough that I have a rough time in PvP. It's also irritating that sometimes in comp I need to just admit that a fusion rifle is the best choice and that I need to put my shotgun away because the other team's just not having it and I'm getting killed for no reason.
    For me it's the opposite. Alcohol gets me out of the "I need to win" mindset and puts me in "Let's have some fun" frame of mind and suddenly I'm nailing shots that would impossible for sober me. Of course I'm probably starting from a very different place than you reflex-wise, so losing a few dozen milliseconds to chemical blur doesn't really change much for me in any case.

I'm far far better with a shotgun than a fusion rifle. I never could get the hang of those things. I had to get 25 fusion rifle kills for one bounty or the other this weekend and it was a very frustrating few hours to get past it.

I mean I'm 36 so I'm far over the hill in gaming terms; the reason Destiny works so well for me is that it is a little more deliberate and not as insanely twitchy as something like Call of Duty and the only reason I'm any good at it is time invested, I've played a hell of a lot of it over the past few years (mostly owing to my limited play time and Destiny filling that time neatly, who needs other games).

I don't mind losing to people that are better than me but I do mind when I know that I'm performing below my personal standard and particularly when I'm playing with people I know that I think I'm letting down.

Then again, sometimes this happens?

https://youtu.be/i_yaDIHtyOI

vq2TEKC.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

I mean I'm 36 so I'm far over the hill in gaming terms; the reason Destiny works so well for me is that it is a little more deliberate and not as insanely twitchy as something like Call of Duty and the only reason I'm any good at it is time invested, I've played a hell of a lot of it over the past few years (mostly owing to my limited play time and Destiny filling that time neatly, who needs other games).

I don't mind losing to people that are better than me but I do mind when I know that I'm performing below my personal standard and particularly when I'm playing with people I know that I think I'm letting down.

Personally I don't think our, or most mid range players problems are that we lack skill. It's that we lack time to hone the skill. I've seen you pull off many good plays and generally I count all of our regular group above average, especially for our clan. The problem is mostly the matchmaker and player numbers contributing to us playing way out of our league. That and, we usually only have a handful of hours a week to get serious with the game, and even within the game there's so much to do that isn't high tier PvP play, it's easy to do something else for weeks.

Me personally, I don't mind losing (especially since I have pretty much all the rewards anyways) but I want to win so we can all get those tasty rewards together, as a team. We just don't have the time to sink in that all those Unbroken-gods-wh-appear-to-be-frictionless do. I wouldn't feel let down by a loss, more let down I couldn't scrounge harder. The important thing is to have a good time, but it's hard when there's countless sweatlords ready to stomp our dicks into another realm.

Also note that in general PvP we usually wreck house and only around this time in a season when the population dips lower, you really feel the skill gap. What can you even do when you get placed against top 5000 players pretty much every night? When I see a guy with 50k+ kills on his Erentil, I'm not impressed... I'm jealous that dude doesn't need to have a job, apparently.

Local H Jay on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I’m betting no trials but elim will replace survival for glory this season

I just can’t imagine them having a trailer without trials if it’s coming back this season

I also think their biggest challenge is how to maintain both trials and glory playlists. Both systems are a lot of fun but there’s not room for both.

Nobody will play glory playlists while trials is up during the weekend

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I’m betting no trials but elim will replace survival for glory this season

I just can’t imagine them having a trailer without trials if it’s coming back this season

I also think their biggest challenge is how to maintain both trials and glory playlists. Both systems are a lot of fun but there’s not room for both.

Nobody will play glory playlists while trials is up during the weekend

I strongly suspect that Trials, in the terms of number of players that it drives engagement for, is vastly out of proportion to how much it gets talked about here and elsewhere.

Which was exactly its whole problem.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    so I started the week needing 200 glory to hit fabled/recluse. Now I need... more.

this is gonna be a thing i guess

edited December 2019
    I'm with Dad, keep the dream alive.

Edit: Also thanks Jay, mwah mwah. I had a bad night, it happens, and I still feel rusty in 3v3. The rhythm is so different from 6v6 that there's a real adjustment for me when I get back to it.

If next season really is thin it might be my time to hit 5500, like Season of the Drifter was the Season of finally finishing Luna's Howl. We'll see!

Peen on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I’ll say this, I don’t think we’re getting trials back this season.

But I’ll go the other way too and get hyped and say if we ARE getting trials back they are going to announce dedicated servers for it as well

616610-1.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So, about Unveiling, and the second to last lore entry
    So The Wager seems to be the last entry folks here could get, and if you already had it, you didn't get an update this week, right? I am glad to be caught up then.

The Wager basically ends with our buddy the Darkness saying "nah, don't worry about answering me, I'll come to you, be seeing you pretty soon."

Is it possible that we won't get the last entry for some time? I mean it would be a dick move to leave a book that was essentially fragmented and incompletable for some time but hey Truth to Power says hello. Maybe there just won't be an entry until we get closer to whatever the long term plot is involving the Darkness?

Or hell, maybe we'll just get it next week when the new season rolls over and it was just never going to be available before then and I'm speculating like a jerk. But I kinda like the idea of the Darkness leaving you in anticipation perpetually until it shows up like Sup Bro.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    One week to go !

I’ve not played for about 3 weeks, as I got burned out on the Vex offensive, so I’m ready for new grinding - I just hope the new content grind isn’t set in the infinite forest, because I hate it.

I’m preparing for the new artifice grind by completing quests on all my characters, then waiting for the reset - I should hopefully get to 10 on the new path on day one.

Can’t wait to meet Saint-14.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    That trailer got me pumped. Red Legion remnants trying to undo the past? Saint-14 who I just read about on the wiki? Sign me the fuck up.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

Personally I don't think our, or most mid range players problems are that we lack skill. It's that we lack time to hone the skill. I've seen you pull off many good plays and generally I count all of our regular group above average, especially for our clan. The problem is mostly the matchmaker and player numbers contributing to us playing way out of our league. That and, we usually only have a handful of hours a week to get serious with the game, and even within the game there's so much to do that isn't high tier PvP play, it's easy to do something else for weeks.

Me personally, I don't mind losing (especially since I have pretty much all the rewards anyways) but I want to win so we can all get those tasty rewards together, as a team. We just don't have the time to sink in that all those Unbroken-gods-wh-appear-to-be-frictionless do. I wouldn't feel let down by a loss, more let down I couldn't scrounge harder. The important thing is to have a good time, but it's hard when there's countless sweatlords ready to stomp our dicks into another realm.

Also note that in general PvP we usually wreck house and only around this time in a season when the population dips lower, you really feel the skill gap. What can you even do when you get placed against top 5000 players pretty much every night? When I see a guy with 50k+ kills on his Erentil, I'm not impressed... I'm jealous that dude doesn't need to have a job, apparently.
    Pretty much this. I mean, I freely admit I'm not great at shooters in general and Destiny in particular. Having said that, if I were playing on a platform that was easy to record video from and I had the inclination to do so, i could put together a 5-minute video every week or two that shows some amazing plays. Every few matches, things just line up and I get a whole team kill or I am accidentally in the right position and clean up four guys in 15 seconds that were pushing a control point. It does happen!

I'll probably re-start the Recluse climb this week. With 14 levels still to go on my Artifact I might need to grind out a ton of bounties for the next few days.

26904.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    All the class armor have mohawks.

I am pretty sure the exotic ghost shell for the season has a mohawk.

steam_sig.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    All the class armor have mohawks.

I am pretty sure the exotic ghost shell for the season has a mohawk.

seasonal artifact should have been a mohawk.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Glad to see Osiris back. I liked CoO though I get why people go 'ehhhhhhhh' on the Infinite Forest and the mini-'no Sparrows'-zone that is Mercury. Hopefully Sagira shows up as well. I do wonder if there's gonna be anything special for people that did the Saint-14 quest and picked up Perfect Paradox.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    As an excuse to collect shinier armor than I have I kind of like the season pass concept. I'm not going to get the vex armor but the dawn armor looks shiny enough I think I don't care. Clear to me I need more ornaments though. Also, I just like mohawks.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I appreciate our boy leading with his fist out the portal.

9KmX8eN.jpg