As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Three days left. Time to cram a whole season of murder, triumphs and quests in.

Hm, these vanguard and gambit ones are three levels. Hmmm.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The vanguard one is pretty much impossible in this time frame

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I did a bunch today, got the second level to just 230 more slap kills needed I think

Well, that or solar ability kills. I prefer the slapping. My guardian hand is strong

Nosf on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

So uh.... what Exotics are good for Solar again?
    Asking for a.... friend (hides Doomfangs in closet).

Hallowfire Heart is top tier because of cooldown reduction.

Heart of Inmost Light can work well.

Pheonix Cradle for bot tree I guess.

There's an outside chance Khepri's Horn could be silly fun with mid-tree.

counterpoint: Khepri's Horn will never be good at anything other than fashion destiny :cry:

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Someone offer some words of encouragement because I’m about ready to give up on getting a rare bounty for Ada.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Someone offer some words of encouragement because I’m about ready to give up on getting a rare bounty for Ada.

What if you get one on your next bounty?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options

What if you get one on your next bounty?

That kept me going in EP until 2 weeks ago when I gave up and deleted any keys I had in my inventory.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    But that would be the same thing it does already

I looked again, it was this: "Precision final blows increase weapon stability and ADS speed. Timer starts at 10 seconds but any additional final blow/assists can increase it up to 25 seconds. Casting your Super with this buff above 20 seconds consumes the buff and grants extra damage. (Does not stack with Celestial Nighthawk)."

I didn't notice originally because I was watching the tiny Twitter video version

Yeah, that's what it's showing off. He hits a bunch of headshots and then pops GG and gets a huge damage boost.

• Options
    I was just talking about this the other day, but it would be nice if Ashen Wake did anything/ maybe OHKO

If it just gave you like 2 grenade charges or faster grenade regen or more grenade damage or anything it would probably be a solid niche pick.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Is there a reason people keep leaving Vex Offensive after the first round? Are they looking for something? It keeps happening and I can't figure out why.

However, what I can figure out is that I should have finished the no-death and 10m run triumphs at the beginning of the season. I got 3/4 for both and never bothered getting the last. This week seems like it's not gonna happen unless I lfg it.

Because all the matchmade games has 2 or 3 people decide that when the Undying Mind has its shield go down that's totally the best time to pop their roaming supers and punch it for as little damage as they possibly can. Not during all the adds, no, just when you should be dpsing. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    My assumption would be they are farming specific weapon kills and the first round in VO is the best place to get a bunch of kills quickly.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m a little bummed I won’t be getting the “Season 8: Bonus Power” Triumph, but they set the bar waaaaaaay too high on that.

Season pass rank 143, which puts me at PL Bonus of 16.5ish, and if the power level xp requirements work the way I think they do, I would need roughly another 65 ranks to get there.

Requiring 2x of your season pass is a bit much for a time limited triumph.

• Options
    A bunch of my runs of VO lately have been full of people clearly farming weapon kills. They'll all ignore the Minotaur lasers and just let the timer keep going while they kill adds. I try not to spoil it when I notice people doing this by finishing the objectives too quickly, but one time I didn't realize what they were doing and a Titan literally jumped in front of my when I was shooting oracles to block my laser.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    ronzo wrote: »
    I’m a little bummed I won’t be getting the “Season 8: Bonus Power” Triumph, but they set the bar waaaaaaay too high on that.

Season pass rank 143, which puts me at PL Bonus of 16.5ish, and if the power level xp requirements work the way I think they do, I would need roughly another 65 ranks to get there.

I just got it, at 207. Weirdly it doesn't align with the season xp, so I guess one of the earlier levels wasn't divisible by 100k? Dunno.

And yeah, needing more than twice the seasonal xp than you need to unlock everything for the season is pretty steep.

Granted, I played a ton at the start of the season so I blew through the earlier levels, but I have barely played in a few weeks and sat at +19 for a very long time.

Looking at the rest of the things I need if I want Undying, it's almost entirely vex offensive kills with various weapons (hc and bow mainly, along with their precision kills, and a few fusion kills left) and one more deathless boss and 10m run.

Then apparently I need a master nightfall to get a ship for the seal? That's bizarrely out of place. Both in difficulty requirements and the nightfall has nothing to do with the season. Why is that reward on the Undying seal? EDIT: lulz, nm, I have to finish randy and exit strategy too, along with those seasonal pursuits. I finished the crucible one, on the final part of the strike one, and the middle part of the gambit one.

That's gonna be a shit ton of playing the next few days. I'm not sure I care about the title that much.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I just got it, at 207. Weirdly it doesn't align with the season xp, so I guess one of the earlier levels wasn't divisible by 100k? Dunno.

And yeah, needing more than twice the seasonal xp than you need to unlock everything for the season is pretty steep.

Granted, I played a ton at the start of the season so I blew through the earlier levels, but I have barely played in a few weeks and sat at +19 for a very long time.

Looking at the rest of the things I need if I want Undying, it's almost entirely vex offensive kills with various weapons (hc and bow mainly, along with their precision kills, and a few fusion kills left) and one more deathless boss and 10m run.

Then apparently I need a master nightfall to get a ship for the seal? That's bizarrely out of place. Both in difficulty requirements and the nightfall has nothing to do with the season. Why is that reward on the Undying seal? EDIT: lulz, nm, I have to finish randy and exit strategy too, along with those seasonal pursuits. I finished the crucible one, on the final part of the strike one, and the middle part of the gambit one.

That's gonna be a shit ton of playing the next few days. I'm not sure I care about the title that much.

Exit Strategy isn't too bad. The final part of the Vanguard one is just doing a ton of strikes. Gambit is fairly quick as well. Randy's took me forever.

All those combined is likely not doable in a weekend, yeah

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I was just talking about this the other day, but it would be nice if Ashen Wake did anything/ maybe OHKO

It should give the grenade a weaken effect.

It's something I've imagined for Ashen Wake even before oppressive darkness was a thing.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Listen to all you naysayers saying I can't get my homework done the night before! It never stopped me in grade school, in fact, as a wise man once said: It's time to go to work.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VDFx8hJY5x8

Nosf on
  • Options
    I’m so glad I finished Undying title a couple of weeks ago. It was stressful enough even with two weeks left in the season.

Also Exit Strategy is pretty great. Swashbucker + Thread Detector and great stability. I just wish the mag size was a little bigger.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Exit Strategy isn't too bad. The final part of the Vanguard one is just doing a ton of strikes. Gambit is fairly quick as well. Randy's took me forever.

All I've got left for the vanguard pursuit is some arc ability kills in strikes, for the gambit one I have some more guardian kills then no idea what the final part entails. I did the vanguard weapon, for randy I'm almost done with scout kills and over half for the medal part. I guess momentum is back? Maybe I'll see how much progress a game I get and figure out if it's worth it. For exit strategy I have no idea what I need; I did a vex offensive earlier where the group took 5 phases to kill the undying mind so I just turned the game off. :rotate:

Looked at the title again and I don't actually need the triumphs for speed VO or the deathless one. Down to just HC and bow kills, almost done with HC precision kills and the bow one shouldn't be too bad with Hush.

I dunno, thinking about it right now it doesn't seem SUPER bad, but we will see.

For better or worse, the content of the next season seems pretty light, and doesn't seem to contain any real reason to keep doing things like the Moon or other stuff that hasn't really been refreshed in ages, so maybe it'll be easier to get the seasonal stuff done without the distractions of a new expansion.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

All I've got left for the vanguard pursuit is some arc ability kills in strikes, for the gambit one I have some more guardian kills then no idea what the final part entails. I did the vanguard weapon, for randy I'm almost done with scout kills and over half for the medal part. I guess momentum is back? Maybe I'll see how much progress a game I get and figure out if it's worth it. For exit strategy I have no idea what I need; I did a vex offensive earlier where the group took 5 phases to kill the undying mind so I just turned the game off. :rotate:

Looked at the title again and I don't actually need the triumphs for speed VO or the deathless one. Down to just HC and bow kills, almost done with HC precision kills and the bow one shouldn't be too bad with Hush.

I dunno, thinking about it right now it doesn't seem SUPER bad, but we will see.

For better or worse, the content of the next season seems pretty light, and doesn't seem to contain any real reason to keep doing things like the Moon or other stuff that hasn't really been refreshed in ages, so maybe it'll be easier to get the seasonal stuff done without the distractions of a new expansion.

Oh, so you have just small parts of each of those steps left? You could totally get those done this weekend.

• Options
    Oh yeah, if I were starting from square one, no way :lol:

I just haven't played in a few weeks really, at least, and have been putting off finishing all this stuff, because I wasn't sure if I even cared.

And Diablo 3 got its hooks in me again.

Later I'll do a Momentum or two and a couple games of gambit and see what progress looks like and how doable it feels. I've got family stuff going on this weekend too, so it's not all gametime.

I'm also only at 51% for that handcannon catalyst quest, but the notes from tw@b said if you've got the quest they're not removing it, so I don't have to finish that before tuesday. (i know they're re-adding it at some point via other means)

I'm not totally clear if the seasonal weapon pursuits have to be done either, other than they're required for the title.

• Options
    The #s carry forward. I just hit the last step and it requires 135 boss kills, 1.8m points, and 900 arc/melee kills. First was done as soon as I got the quest and the 1.8 shows as 1m already done. Basically, I need to score 800k points and punch 900 sumbitches on their brain. That's like, every evening for a hardworking guardian.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Well, that's probably enough Survival for one season. Capped out around 4400, but just steady losses this week and morale hits suck. Still, it's better balanced than it was before, and feels reasonable/feasible now to hit Legend.

I don't anticipate getting Unbroken this year though, but the idea that's it seems at least possible is a nice change of pace compared to year 2.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I don’t even consider going for Unbroken because I can’t even finish the Forged in Fire collection. I guess the winged contender armor just doesn’t drop anymore? All I ever get is the Sword flight gear.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

So uh.... what Exotics are good for Solar again?
    Asking for a.... friend (hides Doomfangs in closet).

Hallowfire Heart is top tier because of cooldown reduction.

Heart of Inmost Light can work well.

Pheonix Cradle for bot tree I guess.

There's an outside chance Khepri's Horn could be silly fun with mid-tree.

ounterpoint: Khepri's Horn will never be good at anything other than fashion destiny :cry:

It wipes rooms of low/mid tier adds on a better cooldown than anything else, and makes sunspots? hallowfire talks a big game but a few class skill mods and you basically have point blank double grenade wave every 30 seconds without any effort. with effort its more like 15.

edit: If you do it right, you blind enemies in close proximity, and can knockback heavy mobs. Ever see a minotaur jump? It's weird.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Titan I killed in this clip sent me hate mail about... You guessed it, Erentil
    https://youtu.be/dPoRYdP6UBQ

Also lol Saint-whoteen?
    https://youtu.be/DmofXxyWaNM

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oh no. Solo comp queue. I never tried it and oh man it’s a different animal than team queue. I shot up like 700 glory yesterday and am I’m decent striking distance of 5500 now. I wish I had tried it earlier.

I guess I know what I’m doing the next few nights.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Played some Gambit Prime to my dismay with @Bizazedo and a buddy, I was the only one in our group with a gambit prime armor set and I was running a full invader set, we WRECKED. We got a lot of reckoning weapon drops, I got a lot of soul survivors with terrible rolls, a buddy got a couple dreamy outlasts, and a buddy got a spare rations with field prep. lol overall not bad night!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Been a long time since I played Destiny so I'm taking another stab at it. I'm finding the wiki to be pretty inadequate at explaining how power level works. Can someone confirm if my understanding here is correct?
    • The recommended power level of content is the level of all the enemies in that content.
    • If my Attack/Defense values are below this level, I get penalties.
    • If my Attack/Defense values are above this level, I deal and receive normal damage.

Questions:
    • Does it make any difference for my Attack/Defense values to be higher than the content? Or is efficacy capped out at the content's level? In other words, should I choose gear based on power level primarily, or based on the stat bars and my own preference (provided it's high enough for the content)?
    • What does overall Power level actually do? I understand it's an average of my gear, but the tooltip implies that the Power level itself also has an impact on both damage and defense.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    There's really no benefit for being over-leveled, just at level for whatever given content. The only time it really matters is in LL enabled PvP like Iron Banner. So being under-leveled will make you weaker to enemy fire in PvE mostly, but overleveling rarely matters except IB really (maybe Trials if it comes back) where there are actually higher ceilings to hit. It can be a bit misleading when you see the suggested LL for a raid when it goes up significantly by the final encounter. Still, it goes from 890 at the start of GoS up to 920, so nothing too dramatic.

Hitting the cap is just kinda one of the standard MMO ways of showing you've grinded out the most you can. With how the seasons work, the artifact power is gonna be reset everytime. It's better to focus on your actual gear score rather than the Artifact score bonus, since it's only temporary

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    There has been some testing that shows that you do less damage with a lower power level weapon even if your overall power level is appropriate for the content.

So basically, using an exotic piece of armor you pulled out at 930 that drops your light by a point or two: Good

Pulling out a weapon at 930: Bad

Edit: Source on Reddit

ronzo on
  • Options
    Well, I spent my afternoon running Elimination with randos, and it was a lot of fun! got blown out a couple of times, had a couple of real heartbreakers, but I was able to put together a solid win streak. It's another mode where I'm significantly better on certain maps. It also tends to have some of the best snipers I've run into (even including comp), so it was nice to actually get to improve my sniping against some real aimbot monsters.

Also, I LOVE Fragment for this mode. That map's a blast in Elim.

Can't wait for Trials to comeback now.

• Options
    Can Ada's rare bounties only drop from regular bounty completion or can you get them somewhere else? :(

• Options
    Can Ada's rare bounties only drop from regular bounty completion or can you get them somewhere else? :(

Only from her regular bounty completions, as far as I know.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    There does seem to be some idea that stockpiling 5 to 7 completed regular bounties and turning them in all at once can more reliably generate a rare bounty. Certainly seemed to work for me.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I got a Colony from Xur which combined with momentum control has helped me get close to Mountaintop. Just five more double kills.

Figured I’d scoot over to regular control and see if I could get that just camping heavy with the colony, but feels like my team never comes and then I get smashed by a Titan popping Fists of Havoc. Maybe I’ll go back into momentum and aim for Fighting Lion double kills even if I hate the mode.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Only from her regular bounty completions, as far as I know.

You can also get a rare bounty when you complete a rare bounty, hope this helps.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    What's the best way to grind out the Arc abilities/Super kills step of the Vanguard emblem questline when you're a Warlock? I was thinking doing The Corrupted Nightfall and fucking off to the Blind Well and/or lost sectors, but if there's a better way I'd love to do that instead

• Options
    Chrysis wrote: »
    There does seem to be some idea that stockpiling 5 to 7 completed regular bounties and turning them in all at once can more reliably generate a rare bounty. Certainly seemed to work for me.

I’ve done this for every turn in and no dice. About 50 bounties down now.

• Options
    Doh de doh, vanguard done and working through Gambit shmozzle. Gambit might be what fucks me. Well, that and not playing for weeks.