As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

1939495969799»

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Peen wrote: »
    I think they could do like a small dmg reduction buff, like 10-20%. Supers were wayyy too strong before and feel wayyy too weak now, especially roaming supers.

I politely disagree. I want supers to be glass cannons and if you pop a roaming super out in the open like an idiot then you should get domed. I get being frustrated by being shut down but I would much rather that than hearing a super pop and knowing that my only option is to run and even then I'm probably going to die.

Yeah, I mean I get the reasoning. It just makes supers a total non-issue if you play smart. It doesn't help that some supers have essentially the power of flight with how they move, I feel like roaming Hunter supers are at a disadvantage because they're basically glued to the ground and aren't that fast... Which is ok tbh. Not every super needs to behave the same. But it is noticable.

I think a headshot from something like Arbalest or a sniper maybe should take you 50 hp or something. You had stuff like the Invis on Void Blade further reducing damage, so it probably shouldn't stack with that. Idk I'm the one who usually wants snipers stronger, not weaker lol.
    https://youtu.be/poleaVl19e0

Since I play a lot of Nova Warp warlock in PvP, you definitely notice that against any half-decent sniper you might as well not have a super most of the time. Come around a corner by blinking and you are still just instantly gone.

The alternative we used to live in had it's own issues though.

At this point I honestly don't think roaming supers are capable of being balanced in PvP. Not without a huge rework to the very idea of a super. There's just a cascading problem caused by how long they take to charge requiring them to be a certain level of power which becomes completely unbalanced without a way to counter them which then causes problems given how long they take to charge.

shryke on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I think they could do like a small dmg reduction buff, like 10-20%. Supers were wayyy too strong before and feel wayyy too weak now, especially roaming supers.

I politely disagree. I want supers to be glass cannons and if you pop a roaming super out in the open like an idiot then you should get domed. I get being frustrated by being shut down but I would much rather that than hearing a super pop and knowing that my only option is to run and even then I'm probably going to die.

Yeah, I mean I get the reasoning. It just makes supers a total non-issue if you play smart. It doesn't help that some supers have essentially the power of flight with how they move, I feel like roaming Hunter supers are at a disadvantage because they're basically glued to the ground and aren't that fast... Which is ok tbh. Not every super needs to behave the same. But it is noticable.

I know running away is an option but the arc-strider twirly boys that block everything are downright terrifying.

I'm finally just a little bit better than a trash-tier sniper and sniping is very fun and I'm enjoying it very much, on the nights where my hands are ok and not entirely made of thumbs. It's immensely satisfying to scope a corner that you know people are going to come around and shooting them as they do, although sometimes by the third guy I really want to stop him and ask what he thinks is going to happen, surely he saw the two people before him get shot.

I loved dropping a bubble on a capture point in D1 with immobius and then dispatching people as they came in. 3 people would always show up, the first would rush in get blasted and then the other two would come, trash tier movie villain style, one at a time and get killed. It was like they HAD to, and had no choice. It made me laugh every single time.

It's weird, I only see a bubble once in a blue moon now, so far this IB I think I've seen one, maybe two on control points. Feels like you always saw the bubble in D1 PVP.

Nosf on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

I know running away is an option but the arc-strider twirly boys that block everything are downright terrifying.

I'm finally just a little bit better than a trash-tier sniper and sniping is very fun and I'm enjoying it very much, on the nights where my hands are ok and not entirely made of thumbs. It's immensely satisfying to scope a corner that you know people are going to come around and shooting them as they do, although sometimes by the third guy I really want to stop him and ask what he thinks is going to happen, surely he saw the two people before him get shot.

I loved dropping a bubble on a capture point in D1 with immobius and then dispatching people as they came in. 3 people would always show up, the first would rush in get blasted and then the other two would come, trash tier movie villain style, one at a time and get killed. It was like they HAD to, and had no choice. It made me laugh every single time.

It's weird, I only see a bubble once in a blue moon now, so far this IB I think I've seen one, maybe two on control points. Feels like you always saw the bubble in D1 PVP.

I've never played any kind of a titan so I may be talking out of my ass, but in D1 bubble titans were a staple in every PvE activity. Every raid seemed to basically require a bubble titan or two. They were always useful in strikes. In D2 I go long stretches of time without ever seeing a bubble anywhere. I dunno if it's just that bubble was 1/3rd of the available super options for titans in D1, that encounters in D2 aren't tuned to expect bubbles, or what but as an outside observer it seemed like D2 is just not a bubble titan game. And in D1, where there were a ton of bubble-bros out there, they were still relatively rare in PvP.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm glad Kraftyy's getting back into Destiny, he usually seems like he's having a pretty good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUlBIboJf6s

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Titan bubble was pretty popular in Trials, because you can use it to secure heavy/capture points in a tie.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    The changes to bubble both past and present were in response to D1. Bubble was de emphasized in D2 because Bungie thought PVE activities were overly reliant on it in D1 (as in, they'd design an encounter to anticipate bubbles). So, they nerfed it into the ground for most of D2 (so far). Recently, it got a damage buff that puts it as Best-In-Class so you see it used A LOT more often now. I see it in PVP all the time. I love my bubble bros.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

I've never played any kind of a titan so I may be talking out of my ass, but in D1 bubble titans were a staple in every PvE activity. Every raid seemed to basically require a bubble titan or two. They were always useful in strikes. In D2 I go long stretches of time without ever seeing a bubble anywhere. I dunno if it's just that bubble was 1/3rd of the available super options for titans in D1, that encounters in D2 aren't tuned to expect bubbles, or what but as an outside observer it seemed like D2 is just not a bubble titan game. And in D1, where there were a ton of bubble-bros out there, they were still relatively rare in PvP.

To go into a bit more detail

In D1, Titan Bubble had Armor of Light or Weapons of Light perks, which gave either overshield or a nice damage boost. Very effective for boss fights, especially if you had 2 Titans to stack the two buffs

In D2, I believe they eliminated Weapons of Light initially, so it lost a lot of luster. Also, one of the Titan Solar trees has a shoulder charge/flying knee that increases the damage an enemy takes, so that became more important for melting bosses. Later, Solar Warlocks got the Well of Radiance which boosted damage, healed, and removed the need to reload when the Warlock wore Lunafaction boots, essentially eliminating any reason to use Bubble.

Recently, Lunafaction boots were nerfed to only give faster reload instead of directly feeding ammo in, the Well lost some of the damage bonus, and Bubble gained Weapons of Light back with a higher damage bonus than Well. As a result, Bubble has seen a resurgence. My raid group typically tries to have a Well and Bubble now. The damage bonuses don't stack, but you get whatever is highest, so you get the damage from Bubble and the healing and potentially faster reload from Lunafaction Well.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited January 2020
    Bubble still had WOL for a large period of time but its damage increase was the exact same as WoR. Making it functionally useless because WoR was better in every conceivable scenario. They buffed Bubble's damage to be 10% better

Vladimer on
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    As I demonstrated to a fellow titan on the wrong team last night in IB, a saint-14 helm less bubble titan will get dunked on by a sent titan with doomfangs.

Was extremely satisfying to run right into that bubble and clear it out with my shield.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Vladimer wrote: »
    Bubble still had WOL for a large period of time but its damage increase was the exact same as WoR. Making it functionally useless because WoR was better in every conceivable scenario. They buffed Bubble's damage to be 10% better

Negative, Ghostrider. Bungie added Weapons of Light to the Ward of Dawn with the launch of Shadowkeep.

EDIT: Here you go:
    https://youtu.be/ReCJZgWgjXs

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dear Bungie,

Give me more Lost Sectors, I love them.

Sincerly,
    Kal

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    edited January 2020
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Vladimer wrote: »

Negative, Ghostrider. Bungie added Weapons of Light to the Ward of Dawn with the launch of Shadowkeep.

EDIT: Here you go:
    https://youtu.be/ReCJZgWgjXs

I was thinking of Code of Commander block. Oh well. The larger point still stands. It blew ass. Warlocks took that design space. They subsequently buffed it and it gives 10% more of a damage buff than WoR.

Vladimer on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Been taking a break from D2 lately but I heard that they're removing some lore with the next reset so I'm gonna try to get it before then. Is there anything I need to know before attempting this besides picking up the quest from Osiris?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Been taking a break from D2 lately but I heard that they're removing some lore with the next reset so I'm gonna try to get it before then. Is there anything I need to know before attempting this besides picking up the quest from Osiris?

You need to complete the first two Saint-14 rescue missions first, otherwise you don't get the rewards.

Arteen wrote: »

You need to complete the first two Saint-14 rescue missions first, otherwise you don't get the rewards.

From the beginning of the season? Yeah, did those. What about attaining the lore? I heard something about needing to do that first before getting to the end of the Corridors?

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    taco543 wrote: »
    So after last week me torturing myself with the 19 corridor codes, and the emblem, and bastion codes. A buddy of mine was sitting there bummed he didn't get any of it, so I went through it... again...
    I mean...he could solo the whole thing pretty easily, it’s literally just running

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Wrapped up Revoker tonight, it seems good! People on the internet said it feels slow but it feels ok to me but what do I know.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Nice work. On a personal level I do hate revoker with a passion sincencomp is so much worse when people can fire off special without consequence, but nice work.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    I think Revoker is good because it allows people to have a little more confidence when sniping. I've said my piece on Flinch and why I hate it as a mechanic, but Revoker kind takes the sting out of getting flinched and wasting a shot.

That being said I much prefer Tatara's because it's stupid accurate, I'd rather hit my first shot than the second or third lol

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I finished up the second set of Iron Banner bounties today and for the first time ever my power level is over the max for the season!! That's right, I'm 961/960 (seasonal bonus excluded)!!

After six weeks of pure torture in competitive Survival, playing Control in Iron Banner was so much fun and I was at or near the top of the leaderboards in most of my games. Vigilance Wing with autofire for mid- to long-distance engagements and quickswap to The Recluse for close range fights. So. Much. Fun! Oh sure, sniper guys would get me on the super long range stuff and shotguns just plain have faster TTK for close up fights (not to mention my lousy aim gives them an extra edge) but it felt GREAT being on the winning side pretty consistently: 15W/6L over three days.

And then the first thing YouTube serves me up is this video of some guy from Texas winging about how Iron Banner is the worst game mode ever and how comp is "the best" PvP you can get in Destiny. *cringe* I don't normally get bent from hearing other people's opinions, but this guy was wrong on every count and his opinions run 100% completely counter to my personal experience. It's like he's talking about a completely different game!

Anyway, now that IB is "done" I'm back to unlocking the EDZ sundial and trying to complete the seasonal event stuff.

26904.png
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    D1 bubble was also more viable in PvP because you could pair it with No Backup Plans for a really strong neutral game. Bubble is fine in Crucible right now, but everything else about that tree is kinda meh.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Catalase wrote: »
    taco543 wrote: »
    So after last week me torturing myself with the 19 corridor codes, and the emblem, and bastion codes. A buddy of mine was sitting there bummed he didn't get any of it, so I went through it... again...
    I mean...he could solo the whole thing pretty easily, it’s literally just running

This friend of mine, is weird, @Bizazedo can vouch. He plays games online, and graduated with a comp sci degree, but HATES using the internet. Like genuinely he doesn't like using it to look stuff up because he's paranoid... lol hes a bizarre duck so I thought fuck it ill help him lol

Like no joke, he refuses to use things like Ishtar and vim, he just refuses, and ive given up and work around his needless paranoia lol

taco543 on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I really wish there was a way to reroll weapon and armor stats other than grind.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    The Monkey's Paw has heard this plea.

Eververse is pleased to announce encryption services. Silver can buy everything, even an old gun with a new face.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    I feel like you should get one reroll per drop. Maybe make it cost an Ascendant thingy or whatever.

Sorry but am I doing something wrong by trying to get the lore-pieces first in the Corridors? I'm not sure if I'm meant to do the smaller routes to get to them first or if I have to do that long thirty-room string to get to the Vault beforehand.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sorry but am I doing something wrong by trying to get the lore-pieces first in the Corridors? I'm not sure if I'm meant to do the smaller routes to get to them first or if I have to do that long thirty-room string to get to the Vault beforehand.

Do the shorter routes, those are the lore

The 30 door path was to start Bastion, which isn’t required now since you should be able to start it from Saint. You do get a neat audio clip though if you run the corridors

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G