[PAX East 2020 Challenge Coin Thread] Ordering is now Open!

13»

• DrippySlimeStarDrippySlimeStar Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'll be ordering after Friday's payday, provided that I don't spend too much at Saturday's Star Wars-themed craft beer fest. (I had to brag about that somewhere. My family just rolls their eyes at me when I get excited)

...what's this now? Do I now have plans on Saturday?

Whoops I didn't see how long ago that was posted. Sounds like a great time.

Le_Goat
  • std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular
    I'll be ordering after Friday's payday, provided that I don't spend too much at Saturday's Star Wars-themed craft beer fest. (I had to brag about that somewhere. My family just rolls their eyes at me when I get excited)

It was a good time. Hopefully you didn't break the bank.

It was last Saturday, so you'll have to just drink beer and play star wars on tv. Which is still a pretty damn good Saturday.

PAX-signature-20.png
    Le_Goat
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 6

Sorry, that was last weekend (02.01). It ended up not being anywhere near as Star Wars themed as I would have liked. Some cover band came on, playing Maroon 5 and the likes. Fine if that's your bag of tea. It is not mine by any stretch of the imagination. Most people were there for the unlimited beer consumption, which is fine and all. As my friend put it while looking over the crowd, "I'm starting to doubt the fandom here."

The best part was that all of the screens played a loop of the best saber battles from the first 6 episodes. That was pretty awesome and made me want to rewatch them all again (given that fast forwarding through half of Episode 2 is required to get past the horrible love story).

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Hey folks, so I got this email from Kiddercorp yesterday.

I'm pretty sure this means the coins are not likely to make it in time for East. :(

Figured you all deserved to know.
    Hello,

We feel it necessary to inform all of our customers that due to the Coronavirus, most orders will be delayed.

The virus is disrupting the global supply chain and causing extended factory and shipping shutdowns everywhere. 

All active orders will be delayed. We expect an additional 10-14 days will be required for most orders, but the issue is ongoing and circumstances appear to be worsening daily.

We apologize for the unforeseen delay and appreciate your patience.

Thank You.

KidderCorp
    While that is unfortunate, there's really nothing to be done, nor anyone's fault other than the bats that started this whole epidemic. Considering what that virus has done, challenge coins are a low priority and a silly thing to get mad about. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for all of the hard work that has always been put into these.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Sleep
  • std73std73 Extra Life Guild President Weymouth, MARegistered User regular

Sorry, that was last weekend (02.01). It ended up not being anywhere near as Star Wars themed as I would have liked. Some cover band came on, playing Maroon 5 and the likes. Fine if that's your bag of tea. It is not mine by any stretch of the imagination. Most people were there for the unlimited beer consumption, which is fine and all. As my friend put it while looking over the crowd, "I'm starting to doubt the fandom here."

The best part was that all of the screens played a loop of the best saber battles from the first 6 episodes. That was pretty awesome and made me want to rewatch them all again (given that fast forwarding through half of Episode 2 is required to get past the horrible love story).

There was definitely a good portion that were just there for the beer. The Star Wars part of it was irrelevant to them.

PAX-signature-20.png
    Le_Goat
  • KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Money is super tight this year, so 1 is all I will be able to get :( I'll have some of the older ones to trade if anyone needs some.

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For anyone looking, here's the Order form again!
    https://forms.gle/pbffmGFqpvCuSScs8

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Dammit I completely forgot about Challenge coins last year and nearly forgot this year. Can't say I'm a fan of the VR side, but if I wanted a say I should have been around for the designing!

Are there any of last year's coins floating around? I'd love to get one for my collection.

UyhWici.png
  • brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I have extra from last year

ironysparkles
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Ordered! just got for myself this year since they'll be delayed. Moving away from my usual PAX crew sucks :(

• KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Dammit I completely forgot about Challenge coins last year and nearly forgot this year. Can't say I'm a fan of the VR side, but if I wanted a say I should have been around for the designing!

Are there any of last year's coins floating around? I'd love to get one for my collection.

If you cant find one let me know. I can get you one.

I have extra from last year

Would you be willing to sell to me? I would ideally like to get 1 color and 1 regular coin, but if you only have one of them, that's good too! I could pay paypal before the con, or cash at, whatever you prefer.

UyhWici.png
  • brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I have one of each extra

ironysparkles
    I have one of each extra

Oh awesome! I'll PM you to figure out payment/meeting up!

UyhWici.png
  • LycaneLycane Registered User regular
    I ordered 2 but never received them - do I contact kidder?

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Lycane wrote: »
    I ordered 2 but never received them - do I contact kidder?

This year's haven't gone out yet. Coronavirus issues have delayed the order.

mHn29NG.png
    Lycane
  • LycaneLycane Registered User regular
    Thank you Arc!