As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    vFKKQ22.png

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD THE PHONE??? THAT'S WHAT INVOKE DOES?? IT'S NOT JUST A DO NOTHING??????

Jesus fuck that changes EVERYTHING

edit: Ah, since new page, I'll relink the known cards thus far: https://outof.cards/hearthstone/432-everything-you-need-to-know-about-descent-of-dragons-blizzcon-reveal

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh okay Galakrond is probably legit as fuck if that's what it does.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Can't wait to have it be completely impossible to evaluate the Invoke cards until the Galakrand for each class has been fully spoiled

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Its been a few years.

Is Rogue allowed to have a win condition yet?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    "this card seems like shit, i dunno. 5 mana 4/5 taunt that ups your Galakrond? meh w/e"

"oh hey btw Rogue Galakrond also gives you a Lackey whenever you play any card with Invoke"

"TOP TIER. S TIER. GOD TIER. GOAT."

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Its been a few years.

we're just ignoring all the times Rogue has been dominant over the last few years?

• Options
    also,

"hey so rogue got zero new lackey cards with SoU, what do we give em for DoD?"

"idfk, everything??????"

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Its been a few years.

we're just ignoring all the times Rogue has been dominant over the last few years?

Yes I remember: Oil Rogue...Quest Rogue... and each time Blizzard coming down and erasing them to ram useless RNG Class Card Stealing Rogue down our throats.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    those aren't even the most recently nerfed rogue cards! tempo rogue with evil miscreant and raiding party was the best deck in the game at the start of this year

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Had my first friend request rage in a long time

"Way to take a children's game waaaaay to fucking seriously
    Ya fucking nerd"

We played a mirror match and I never emoted. :?
    You ARE a nerd though, they got you dead to rights on that.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The most exciting thing about the Invoke cards is that the have a secondary effect that is not printed on them and also not printed on the hero card they're invoking.

I'm expecting that when you hover over the Invoke card, the tooltip will show you the hero card it's invoking but not the power of that hero.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh boy, hero power upgrades that generate cards! This has never been a balance issue at any point, I'm sure it'll go great!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Oh boy, hero power upgrades that generate cards! This has never been a balance issue at any point, I'm sure it'll go great!

4Kiwvdd.png

PnW71mF.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Also, 1 mana 1/3s with upside are back with a vengeance.

fba2aec5.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    J Allen Brack makes a very halfassed apology at the start of the opening ceremony ending with "I'm sorry and I take accountability" and everyone just cheers, yuck

The real tell is that there was a time delay for people viewing at home.

This sucks. Goddamnit.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Cards seem to be being revealed still throughout the day (the link at the top of this page already has more from when it was first posted).

There's a new keyword, "Sidequest." No idea how it's different from Quests though

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    J Allen Brack makes a very halfassed apology at the start of the opening ceremony ending with "I'm sorry and I take accountability" and everyone just cheers, yuck

This sucks. Goddamnit.

he didn't even explicitly admit to what people were mad about

just some hand-waving about not living up to standards and poor communication

also of course people that bought tickets are going to be fucking boot-lickers

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    It seems the whole thing has blown over, which is disappointing. It will happen again.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    priest galakrand HP is "add a random priest minion to your hand"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sidequests are 1 mana non-legendary quest cards that don't start in your hand. Smaller rewards, smaller requirements. Hunter one is "hero power 3 times", mage is "spend a total of 8 mana on spells".

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    Also, 1 mana 1/3s with upside are back with a vengeance.

fba2aec5.png
    Huh, so they're just straight up trying Steamwheedle Sniper again but as an overstatted 1 drop instead of a 2 drop, and made into a common from an epic.

I remember back in the day I thought Sniper would see a lot of play since it seemed like a really solid card to me, but as I recall it basically saw no action outside of being a good arena pick.

Edit: But since 1 mana 1/3s actually see play, this one might as well. I'm sure it could work in Highlander hunter.

forty on
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll get 1 more Lackey with this expansion as well, and if it will be another anti-tempo Lackey to complement the last one.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get 1 more Lackey with this expansion as well, and if it will be another anti-tempo Lackey to complement the last one.

It's 1 mana 1/1 Discover A Dragon

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    new hunter card

8nwceroe0g7o.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The amount of time they're dedicating to explaining how Auto Chess works in Hearthstone is absolutely incredible, from the perspective of "This is not something anyone can possibly understand if they're not physically playing it"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

It's 1 mana 1/1 Discover A Dragon
    Well I guess that fits the dragon theme!

• Options
    lmao you unlock gameplay features by buying card packs, and it resets every time they put out a new set

what the fuck are you doing blizz, all the other auto chesses are full free

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    lmao you unlock gameplay features by buying card packs, and it resets every time they put out a new set

Pay me

• Options
    that presentation on auto chess in hearthstone was both low energy, and also indecipherable if you didn't have a background understanding of auto chess

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Turn out Blizzard "fuck you pay me" Entertainment wants you to pay them

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://outof.cards/hearthstone/432-everything-you-need-to-know-about-descent-of-dragons-blizzcon-reveal

buncha new cards n shit

im1Agqs.png

this is literally. LITERALLY. fucking inspire. and they don't use the keyword lmao

s'good card though, holy fuck.

It's not Inspire. There are hero powers that can be used but can't be activated. Hagatha, Quest Druid ... maybe one more.

• Options
    Did they actually specify if passive hero powers "activating" counts as "use your Hero power"?

• Options
    I would be SHOCKED if Hagatha and Quest druid etc activated that card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Highrollstone at its finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuCXSIZcyFA

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    https://outof.cards/hearthstone/432-everything-you-need-to-know-about-descent-of-dragons-blizzcon-reveal

buncha new cards n shit

im1Agqs.png

this is literally. LITERALLY. fucking inspire. and they don't use the keyword lmao

s'good card though, holy fuck.

It's not Inspire. There are hero powers that can be used but can't be activated. Hagatha, Quest Druid ... maybe one more.

no it's literally inspire

there is no other way to interpret that card text as anything other than that

when has "use your hero power" ever included passive HPs? the hero power daily quest doesn't work with passive.

also it's a hunter card that specifically references secrets, cmon. what else could it be.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Did they not do a "Choose your champion" for Blizzcon this year? Actually it seems like it's been a while since they've done one of those at all.

• Options
    holy fuck warlock galakrond's HP is summon two 1/1 imps (demons)

that is insanely scary. every invoke card plops two tribal relevant 1/1s on board

aside from Zoo getting access to odd paladin's HP

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »

This sucks. Goddamnit.

he didn't even explicitly admit to what people were mad about

just some hand-waving about not living up to standards and poor communication

also of course people that bought tickets are going to be fucking boot-lickers

Without delving too much off-topic, I'll give Brack some credit. He looked very uncomfortable and on the verge of tears. It's easy for me to sit here and be high and mighty (and typing this on my smartphone in my Star Wars pajama pants, both made by kids in sweatshops), when he has to stand up there and deliver a message that he himself really has no say in crafting.

It's similar to WWE. They're terrible company and the McMahons are awful people. But I support the talent and the people that go into making the product work.

Shit's complicated and I won't begrudge anyone's decisions or opinions about whether or not to support Blizzard moving forward. A LOT of people work on Blizzard games, and I can't say it's entirely fair to punish them because corporate overlords gonna corporate overlord.

• Options

that is insanely scary. every invoke card plops two tribal relevant 1/1s on board

I haven't seen any of the other Invoke cards, but if Seal Fate is anything to judge by, it looks like Invoke cards are overcosted by about 2 mana, so it's not exactly free.

• Options

I haven't seen any of the other Invoke cards, but if Seal Fate is anything to judge by, it looks like Invoke cards are overcosted by about 2 mana, so it's not exactly free.

Yes and no? I think they're costed with the free activation of the HP in mind.

The Warlock 3 mana 1/1 Battlecry: Gain 1 Attack for each minion on board is, well. That's exactly on par with two existing cards! Better than, even. Seal Fate might seem "overcosted", but 3 mana deal 3 damage and slap a Lackey in hand? That's fine, for that cost. It's basically Frostbolt+1 mana for the lackey. There's the 5 mana neutral Taunt Yeti, which by itself is costed appropriately (4 mana 4/5, +1 mana for Taunt) AND you get the HP activation. There's a 3 mana Warlock spell that's give minions +1 attack and summon two 1/1s (which then also get affected by the buff) so I'd say that's costed appropriately. Priest literally gets Assassinate that slaps a Priest Minion in hand, and that's 5 mana.

None of them seem out of line insofar as mana cost except maybe that neutral 4 mana 2/2 Rush? That one's pretty grody.

DNiDlnb.png