As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: Β»
    This tangent is just super unhelpful. The way to proceed whether Moridin was mafia or not is the same.
    I disagree it's unhelpful. It's best to take any potential evidence we have and talk about it.

What do you think is the way to proceed that is apparently unchanging regardless of the accuracy of the nights results?

The only thing we can do is analyze votes and posts on who we perceive is mafia.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yes, let's just ignore any potential false results in a game full of half-seers. We should just trust it all.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    That RU was the clear vote winner makes it really easy for the mafia to know to target Moridin with any obfuscation powers if any of them knew of that shortlist

My read is the exact opposite. It’s easier to paint the winner (if village) than guess who mamawolf would target if she hadn’t told anyone.

• Options
    That RU was the clear vote winner makes it really easy for the mafia to know to target Moridin with any obfuscation powers if any of them knew of that shortlist

My read is the exact opposite. It’s easier to paint the winner (if village) than guess who mamawolf would target if she hadn’t told anyone.

But she essentially had. According to Jpants it was a shortlist of two people

• Options
    And I'm operating under the assumption they can't mess with death results that come from the vote. That seems too powerful

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

But she essentially had. According to Jpants it was a shortlist of two people

Jpants had suggested them, but every night that we've been in communication he has suggested one or two people and I didn't even take a shot at anyone that he suggested. So, if anything he threw out suggestions of what he thought, but wouldn't be sure if I would go with it or not.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i seered sally ann as village last night.
    i also seered lostninja as sally ann earlier.

so supposing i haven't been interfered with, lostninja is legit.
    in theory.

• Options
    And I'm operating under the assumption they can't mess with death results that come from the vote. That seems too powerful

I think this is a bad assumption. I’ve never been in a game with death millers where they couldn’t target the victim of the vote.

• Options

I think this is a bad assumption. I’ve never been in a game with death millers where they couldn’t target the victim of the vote.

most death millers are assigned from the start. If the mafia have an ability to temporarily paint someone red, I can see that being balanced around it not working on the vote winner.

Otherwise, like someone said above, why not just do that every day?

• Options
    Hmm, who is even left alive.

H3Knuckles
    JPants
    LostNinja
    Lucedes
    MamaWolf - claimed village vig
    ObiFett
    shalmelo
    Sir Fabulous
    ZombieHero

I think that's the list.

Early vote on Lucedes to see where things go. She was headed for the block until Morridin (potentially red) announced that she was seered Green. Still lots of room for shennanigans, but I think it's an okayish place to start.

Steam
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Other than forgetting orders or some kind of mechanical limits there is no reason not to hit the vote target with it every night if you are able to. In addition to messing with analysis it is also completely demoralizing. I didn't think that one through.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

most death millers are assigned from the start. If the mafia have an ability to temporarily paint someone red, I can see that being balanced around it not working on the vote winner.

Why not paint all mafia vote winners as village as well. That would be much more disruptive.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Other than forgetting orders or some kind of mechanical limits there is no reason not to hit the vote target with it every night if you are able to. In addition to messing with analysis it is also completely demoralizing. I didn't think that one through.

It would also be one of the most overpowered ability the mafia would have in quite awhile. It is possibly limited by every other day, X uses over the course of the game, etc. to balance it out, but every single day use mafia would win that game 99 times out of 100.

There are nearly limitless permutations of mafia's thrall/miller ability. We can only work with the information we have, though. If it turns out none of the revealed dead were actually their alignment then I guess we just shrug at the end of the game and move on.

Steam
  • Options
    JPants wrote: Β»

Why not paint all mafia vote winners as village as well. That would be much more disruptive.

Because its easier to assume that people have been seered as green at some point so when they come up red after the vote it makes us not trust our seering even more.

• Options

Haven’t we basically been getting a voted out mafia every night except for one or two?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Lucedes still seems like a good enough target. Her surviving the vote seems to be the only drama that has really happened in this game.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Lucedes reasoning makes sense to me

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm not saying i'm a good player, but i am a vanillager and voting for me is a poor choice.

i'm also not feeling this death miller hubbub because we only hit four mafia and i'm relatively sure there's five.
    there may be an SK, that would be really interesting.

i'm going to vote for 38thDoe.
    that bandwagon position is pretty good.

ZH could be it, depending on what intel everyone else has.
    at this point most of the information i have is hearsay.

• Options
    I could go with a 38thDoe vote.

Who claimed they had seered Lucedes as village before they were seered as mafia?

• Options
    Ah it was Morridin. If They were mafia, I’m not sure they would vouch for another mafia, potentially incriminating them both.

Not sure why they would stick their neck out for a villager either though...

• Options
    Morridin is more likely than RU to be a miller, maybe thats the only explanation

Steam
  • Options
    If they are both mafia, Moridin saved Lucedes with that information. If they hadn't spoken up Lucedes would be dead.

If Lucedes is mafia than we get more information on the people who jumped off her wagon as well. If any of them are still alive. I'm having a bit of trouble searching this one without narration skips.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Morridin also did vote for Lucedes as well...

Steam
  • Options
    Huh. I did not realize that. That's really weird.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    For what it's worth, Lucedes has known me to be the butcher for a few nights and at least in network vouched for me a bit. I just get a village vibe from her.

I was warned to not trust 38thDoe , so I am going with that. Also, I haven't had much network with 38thDoe.

I may change my mind later, but right now, I don't like the Lucedes train and 38th is the only other one I got right now.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    iac1lh4kwekp.png

If you really want to kill me, vig or SK me or whatever. If you vote for me, everyone else will and the village will gain nothing from tonight.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    iac1lh4kwekp.png

If you really want to kill me, vig or SK me or whatever. If you vote for me, everyone else will and the village will gain nothing from tonight.

You make a good point. ZombieHero I was informed to not trust you as well. I know literally nothing about you, so there's my true vote.

• Options
    Usually when someone tells you to vig them you super don't listen to that

38thDoe

• Options
    Usually when someone tells you to vig them you super don't listen to that

38thDoe

Only a great fool kills someone who asks to be killed so you can clearly not VIG me. But I would have known you aren’t a great fool, I would have counted on it so you can clearly not vote out. Checkmate!

Seriously though I am a villager and will die green unless someone changes my color unbeknownst to me. Maybe lucedes is green Maybe she’s red. She’s the beat lead I have at the moment.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    3 Hour warning for
    @H3Knuckles
    @shalmelo
    @Sir Fabulous
    And myself

Vote stands:
    38th Doe - 3
    Lucedes - 2
    ZH - 1

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm mildly more suspicious of 38thDoe, but would be OK with a Lucedes vote - I don't think she's mafia but there's been so much back and forth about her role that it would be nice to see something concrete (if death results even qualify as concrete in this game, idk)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    FWIW, 38thdoe has been seered as a green role

Steam
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    From memory: At the beginning of the game, Jpants organized a soft network with Gizzy, Bluecyan, 38thDoe, me, and Zombie Hero. We were all supposed to claim roles, spend day 1 investigating those roles, then day 2 questioning (in a different order) to make sure people were the roles they claimed. Gizzy was supposed to investigate Jpants' role but died, Jpants was supposed to investigate Zombie but got the result interference message. Blue, 38th, and I had a sub-network because we were all confirmed by day 3. Blue was networking with others, and between him and things in thread it ended up being asserted that Jpants was in the clear. I honestly lost track on things with what was or was not confirmed about Zombie.

TLDR; I believe 38th is village.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Lucedes I guess. Man I hope someone breaks the tie. According to the rules one of the two candidates will be chosen at random, and I'll eat it for tieing the vote.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh, wait, Obi switched from Lucedes to 38th so it's still 38th in the lead by one. Crap.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Wait

Wait

The person who was supposed to clear Jpants died and Jpants wasnt able to fulfill their end of whole plan and no one thought that was odd?! Has anyone actually cleared Jpants?

• Options
    Wait

Wait

The person who was supposed to clear Jpants died and Jpants wasnt able to fulfill their end of whole plan and no one thought that was odd?! Has anyone actually cleared Jpants?

Yeah, my results for JPant's role/name came back green.

Steam
  • Options
    Ok, whew

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Sorry folks I’ve been out of commission in general from illness since Sunday. I’ve slept most of the past few days away.

I’m sorry if I’ve left PMs to go fallow. My vote goes to Lucedes.
    Two nights ago (or whenever the day before he died was) I questioned Virgil and got the result that he was Doctor John. The same day, Virgil β€˜cleared’ Doctor John by seering him green.

I told Mamawolf and Lucedes about this and shared my suspicions that Virgil might be some sort of special, potentially a guard. Either that or he was suspicious. I sent Virgil a PM as well but he never got back to me.

The next day the mafia killed Virgil. This, combined with the red check that I second-guessed myself about means I have some suspicions she’s actually just played me.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Don’t go changing votes yet, got something to type. Just need a couple to finish driving.