As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Phyphor

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just under 3 and a half hours left. Please be sure to vote and submit your actions.

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I am down with Phyphor for tonight, see if it works!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    NM! OP Reading is hard!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Phyphor also meets the criteria of being smart enough to target villagers known to soft network efficiently.

I also want to state my suspicions of Obi due to them seeming to push for less village info.

• Options
    This does seem like a very high intel game, which, if i'm reading the previous posts right seems like a good thing/bad thing, as we know a lot, but as does the mafia.

HLRpxno.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i feel like less public information is bad.

also i'm able rogers and i am indeed a villager.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Phyphor also meets the criteria of being smart enough to target villagers known to soft network efficiently.

I also want to state my suspicions of Obi due to them seeming to push for less village info.

I'm pushing for the mafia to know less.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i feel like less public information is bad.

also i'm able rogers and i am indeed a villager.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

Phyphor was supposed to check last night...

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I don't like bandwagons, but I don't have any concrete reasons to vote for anyone else

Phyphor

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    LostNinja did you choose Jack Hinks randomly? I had someone claim the role to me and if anyone is or has heard claims of this role and we have not been talking I would like to hear from you.

Random and a partial assumption that one of the Jack’s had to be evil because I always assume people named Jack are up to no good.

I have had no one claim the role to me or anything and it isn’t the role adjacent to mine like was suggested (which also seemed like a fine way for the mafia to find out everyone’s role).

Have you perchance read The Graveyard Book?

I have not. Does it have a character named Jack who is a no-goodnik?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Phyphor

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Phyphor

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Again, sorry for being so out of touch. Should be good to go from here on out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8KR-n2fBQ

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    geth roll 1d4 for noraisins

noraisins:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

• Options
    Weirdly quiet all of a sudden.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Sorry, watching C Team :)

HLRpxno.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Day Two is over. Narration and results incoming.

• Options
    The village was unnerved by what had transpired the night before. They had watched as one of their own, Summer, had been unmade with the power of the Golden Fiddle. Even worse, it was only after Shave had used the instrument that it became clear that she had nothing to do with Charlie’s death. Still, Shave remained secure in his belief that someone in that room was responsible for his friend’s death. He allowed only a few seconds of shocked silence before he sent the gathered villagers out to find more clues as to who killed Charlie.

And so another day was spent, spying on friends, following neighbors, and interrogating acquaintances. Most of the village still couldn’t believe that there was really a killer among them, but a growing number found themselves questioning whether they really knew their brethren. Shave’s belief that Charlie was murdered seemed unshakeable, even in the wake of the unjustified accusation of Summer. He wouldn’t put the village through all of this if he wasn’t sure. And if he was sure, that meant there was a killer among them. Which in turn meant any of them could be a killer.

But with everyone so focused on trying to find Charlie’s killer, it was almost as if they weren’t focused on themselves. So amidst all the investigations, it went without notice that two more of their own had seemingly vanished into thin air over the course of the day. One moment, Old Moose Coosten and Helmethead were out on the streets, assisting in the effort to bring Charlie’s killer to justice. The next moment, they were gone without a trace, and anything they may have accomplished was gone with them.

Once the sun had fallen, the village once again convened in the meeting hall. But unlike the night before, there was no hesitation. The night before, when Shave had demanded to see their results, the collected villagers could only offer up their best guess. But the second night was different. On the second night, they were sure they had hard evidence. And they were not about to let their suspect get away.

Before Shave could even start to speak, and before the accused knew what was happening, a group of villagers grabbed Art Jackman and pushed him to the front of the room. The accused found himself standing across the table from the grieving Shave, and he equally found himself unable to make eye contact with the man who was once his neighbor. Art Jackman stood there, waiting for Shave to say something, or to pick up the Golden Fiddle and play his fell note. But no words came from Shave, and the man made no move for the instrument. After what seemed like an eternity of silence, the accused could not take any more.

“Shave, it wasn’t personal,” Art Jackman pleaded. “You know I never had anything against Charlie. He was a good horse! Who could possibly want to kill him?”

“You did,” Shave replied.

“Never,” Art Jackman said, shaking his head. “Never. I never wanted to hurt Charlie.”

“Then explain it,” Shave said, his face expressionless. “Explain why you brought Charlie onto that ice and let him fall through.”

Art Jackman opened his mouth to speak, to explain why he had done what he had done. But just before the words came out, his eyes glanced in the shadows behind Shave. Then the color suddenly drained from his face, as if he had seen the oblivion that presently awaited him. Art Jackman closed his eyes, bowed his head, and awaited his fate. He would never utter another word for the rest of his life.

Shave grunted. He reached for the Golden Fiddle and his bow…

The Dead
    Cythraul - Helmethead
    Grunt’s Ghosts - Old Moose Coosten
    Phyphor – Art Jackman – Corrupted

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    All PMs should be out. Please let us know if you didn't get one.

@Kilnaga and @Virgil_Leads_You get warnings for inactivity.

Day 3 has begun. It will end at 9pm EST tomorrow.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Huh, wonder what the hell "corrupted" means? Just this game's name for mafia, or something else?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Phyphor was mafia! I think this can confirm lucedes and shalmelo are good. Or at least reliable for information.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok then.
    Let's try RU because GG was accusing RU and GG died instead of either of the two who outed Phyphor.
    ... Unless its Cythraul who was mafia'd.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I saw the role above my own last night as Villager

discrider on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    So the mafia “intimidated” me with a role block tonight but joke’s on them - I forgot what time vote close was and didn’t actually submit any orders. Can’t scare me, I’m too stupid

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    RU and Obi seem to be the most vocal against sharing information, but RU’s early vote on Phyphor, while not conforming, gives them more of a semblance of village than Obi.

• Options
    There is a power that prevents players from using private communication, apparently.

Steam
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh good grief. Can we take that to mean you are under the effect?

After all, it's not like anyone else could be telling you outside the thread.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm silly and can't read/think properly in the evenings apparently. Disregard.

JPants on
  • Options
    So I sort of messed up my orders last night, I was doing what Gizzy was trying to do Day 1 instead of what i meant to do.

But everything checks out

Steam
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I'm back, sorry folks, wednesday is my busiest day. I should of thrown a vote out this morning.
    No Questions for today.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Phyphor was mafia! I think this can confirm lucedes and shalmelo are good. Or at least reliable for information.

Are you sure on Lucedes? Has anyone checked that they are indeed Able Rogers?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    There is a power that prevents players from using private communication, apparently.

Moridin889 wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Are you sure on Lucedes? Has anyone checked that they are indeed Able Rogers?

From the sound of things there’s also a power that blocks the results of a questioning, which makes sense in a game where every basic villager has partial seer abilities

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I was successful in a questioning attempt last night. The persona I questioned was four below my persona.

Can we chalk up the phyphor kill to good public communication?

Premium to get something on the board and because they are quiet and just jumping on a bandwagon after it was pretty clear. Will be looking for more connections to form a better opinion later.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I investigated HelmetHead and he was village.

Which didn't help because Cyth's dead.

This is like my worse nightmare when I'm a seer.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Was anyone working with Cyth or Grunts? I'm curious who they were looking into last night if they announced it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    After two nights, everyone should have either one person they trust or have a mafia name. If you have a village name, you should be reaching out to them and starting a dialog. Just because someone reaches out to you, though, doesn't mean you can trust them.

This is a worst case scenario for mafia, since there are now multiple people verified all over the place. A slowly building decentralized village network is a nightmare for mafia.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Ok, ao I was wrong about a lot of stuff. So far I've been waaay off, so who knows. Gonna see what today brings.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Five and a half hours until vote close.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    For you the day that your game went inactive was the most important day of your life.
    For me it was Thursday...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀