As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Thanksgiving] is but once a year (mostly)

12346»

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I like mushrooms in mac'n'cheese, provided you sauteed the mushrooms beforehand so they're thoroughly cooked.

XaquinElvenshaesarukunKing RiptorAtheraalBucketman
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Carpy wrote: »
    Right, those peas are obviously canned. You gotta use fresh for a preparation like that

Any vegetables in Mac & Cheese is Hearsay. Some meats are ok as long as you know its there beforehand.

Fuck you, I do what I want.

Edit: realpoast, bird is brined and foiled up and sitting in the fridge. Pies are done, mashed potatoes (two varieties) are done, cranberry sauce is done. Today we will knock out the pumpkin soup and creamed corn.

My students canceled today so I stayed up late with my girlfriend, slept in and had a tasty brunch and now we’re off to Costco and are gonna go watch Frozen 2 before we start cooking this afternoon.

I love my life and I’m so grateful to be alive, and I wish I could share today and this feeling with everybody.

sarukun on
    tzeentchlinglonelyahavaXaquinJansonBucketman
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    Right, those peas are obviously canned. You gotta use fresh for a preparation like that

Any vegetables in Mac & Cheese is Hearsay. Some meats are ok as long as you know its there beforehand.

Counterpoint, cauliflower crumbles

And finely chopped caramelised onions. And sliced jalapenos.

Xaquin
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Hold up, Thanksgiving in the Woods update

I picked up a tick and didn’t realize it until just now, after radiating pain throughout my arm keeping me from sleeping, and my wife casually wondering if I got bit by anything in the woods

Checked, and wouldn’t you know it!

I did not expect her to remove it for me though, but her motherly instincts won out over ick-aversion

wanderingsarukunXaquinSorceElvenshaeJansonwebguy20LucedesCarpyBucketman
    edited November 2019
    Pies: done
    Two types o’ taters: done
    Cranberry sauce: done
    Creamed corn: done
    Pumpkin soup: done but in need of puréeing

It’s three am and I can’t sleep. I’m up at 7 tomorrow to throw the bird in the oven for two hours. Stuffing and mushroom gravy on deck.

I’m excited and feeling a bit peckish already. :P

sarukun on
    ElvenshaeJansontzeentchlingBahamutZERODonovan PuppyfuckerDouglasDangerBucketman
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    So today was the real feast

Chili
    Kings Hawaiian ham sliders
    Mac salad
    Cheese plate
    Pie
    2 types of cake
    Pumpkin roll

It’s baby’s baptism, 7-year wedding anniversary, dad’s bday, post-thanksgiving hanging and OSU-Michigan powering the reveling

Still wondering when I’ll develop super powers and/or Lyme disease

y5yzsob2fxn3.jpeg

Captain Inertia on
    Xaquinsarukunwebguy20tzeentchlingVirgil_Leads_YouJragghenElvenshaeCarpyBucketman
    I made too much food.

Oh no, now I will be eating this incredible shit for a week.

Oooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

ZxerolJohnny ChopsockyXaquinDouglasDangerlonelyahavaBucketman
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Hold up, Thanksgiving in the Woods update

I picked up a tick and didn’t realize it until just now, after radiating pain throughout my arm keeping me from sleeping, and my wife casually wondering if I got bit by anything in the woods

Checked, and wouldn’t you know it!

I did not expect her to remove it for me though, but her motherly instincts won out over ick-aversion

That was the best thing about growing up in the woods in Western Washington. No ticks and the worst vegetation was stinging nettles and black berry vines.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Going to make some Turkey stock tonight then turkey noodle soup. Going to be so good!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    XaquinJohnny ChopsockyElvenshae