As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    @Muzzmuzz has gifted me Two Point Hospital. Thanks Muzzmuzz! That was a really nice surprise

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Skyrim update:

I adopted a child.

I felt kinda bad for leaving her alone for long stretches, but thought it's better than her just living on the street.

Then when I told Lydia that I'd be travelling with Borgakh the Steel Heart for a while and I went back home I saw that Lydia was just living there.

So, Lucia isn't alone. That's nice.

She has three moms and two of them are almost always on the road.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    New Humble Bundle:
    ezu3zuvs1tjw.jpg
    $5:
    • Yogscast Stream
    • Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Animated Calling Card
    $30:
    • Kingdom: New Lands
    • Bastion
    • Rapture Rejects
    • Kings II: Dynasty Starter Pack
    • 19 more items to be unlocked

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The game quality for the Jingle Jam bundles is usually middling to "this is a pretty old game at this point" (sup bastion), but it's a great big charity drive and the real attraction is the month of streaming. Last year they raised 3.3 mil for the charities and the year before it was 5.2.

liEt3nH.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    why the fuck did a netscape account like my post about remote play

it's 10 days old

am i being branded???

ah yes, it's @Youtube 's friend, Netscape

Huh, we had a Vimeo account a couple weeks ago, i reported for being a bot. Wonder why that keeps happening.

steam_sig.png
    just some forum unsolved mysteries that you can never know the truth about, like the disagree button or bizarro stormy

liEt3nH.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Or the secret forum or the hall of mistakes

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Or the secret forum or the hall of mistakes

Africa

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    There was a forum I used to go to that frequently had a bot named Majestic 12 browsing it

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    @Muzzmuzz has gifted me Two Point Hospital. Thanks Muzzmuzz! That was a really nice surprise

Your welcome! This is the first sale where I really didn't feel the urge to buy anything for myself, so I kinda just randomly check wishlists and chuck gifts. Monster Hunter World has made me a one game lady.... (aside from Sims and FFXIV)

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So unless my count is off, this weekend was 6 months since Outer Wilds was released and Steam still has TBA before it releases on the Valve store. So I'm guessing that was a 1 year exclusive. I don't mind EGS, but dropping on Steam right before the holidays could have been a big cash infusion for a game of the year contender, so I hope they got paid.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    A year is a long ass exclusive

Tomb Raider Style

liEt3nH.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update: Just had my most nerve-racking raid yet. Went into the Woods map to finish a quest where I needed to hide a bottle of water and a ration in an underground bunker. I'd already done this for the east bunker but so far whenever I tried to get to the west bunker I got killed. Took a basic Mosin rifle, a ballistic vest, and a helmet and nothing else in case I died.

Unfortunately, right now it seems like everyone on the Woods map is running around with Mosin sniper rifles trying to complete quests to murder people. I was shot at almost immediately and ran off into thick forest. While running I found an occult symbol painted in a clearing with an FN P90 just sitting in the middle. Screw it, I think, and grab it and keep going. I keep moving away from near constant gunfire all around me and make it to the bunker. I pull out that P90, it had a nearly full magazine, toggle full auto and roll into the bunker. No one there. I sneak up to the box and proceed to hide the stuff. You have to hold down the use key for 20 seconds to hide the stuff and you can't do anything else while doing so. You have to do it twice. Once for the water and once for the ration. I finish and my heart is racing as I expected to get murdered anytime during this because the bunker is also sometimes an exfiltration point for players.

I leave and see a Scav about 50 feet away in some trees. I pop him in the head with my rifle and turn to see another scav coming for me. I miss with my Mosin and as he charges I switch to the P90 and fire a burst, dropping him. I then just leg it north as I expect the full-auto gunfire would attract players, especially coming from a fairly expensive P90.

Luckily I see no one else and safely extract. Now I got a cool gun to immediately loose on my next raid. But at least I can feel like a Stargate dude for a little bit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Just finished Hellblade. That game was quite the experience. Almost feels criminal using the xbox pc pass to play it. I’m gonna need to make a more detailed post later. There’s just so much about this game I enjoyed

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    So unless my count is off, this weekend was 6 months since Outer Wilds was released and Steam still has TBA before it releases on the Valve store. So I'm guessing that was a 1 year exclusive. I don't mind EGS, but dropping on Steam right before the holidays could have been a big cash infusion for a game of the year contender, so I hope they got paid.
    Judging from how other indie devs have talked about those deals, they definitely did

Some have said the EGS payout covered their budget entirely

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    A Plague Tale, you had better be damn good if you have the gall to start your story like that.

Veldrin on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    It’s pretty darn good

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I've heard itsteps up

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I tried out Disco Elysium because everyone is talking about how great it is, and clicking through dialogue options while inspecting a car caused my character to instantly die with no warning or ability to stop it. Unforgivable.

It's a shame because the rest of it was cool and I was enjoying the bits and pieces I was starting to see, but there are enough games to play that I'm not willing to give time to one that's going to just off me without warning because my stats weren't properly allocated in the builder screen or I tried to be thorough or whatever it was that did it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    You’re supposed to read the dialogue options.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Who has that kinda time tube

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    You’re supposed to read the dialogue options.

Literally nothing about this dialogue option, the text itself or the text in the dialogue box, suggested it was going to do Morale damage and instantly kill me.

I bet it did

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I bet it did

Yeah, from my experience Disco Elysium will always give you clues that what you're about to do may have serious consequences. Sometimes one of your skills will even say, "Hey, maybe you shouldn't pick this dialogue option."

IKknkhU.gif
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Disco Elysium is a game where you can take a swing at an asshole tween, miss, and be so embarrassed that you retire from the police force to live under a bridge

It's an objectively perfect game, sorry

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Goosebumps choose your own adventure books are more my speed

It definitely did not do that in this instance!

Anyway, I realize that I'm literally the only person on earth who doesn't like the game, I just needed to kvetch.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Disco Elysium is a game where you can take a swing at an asshole tween, miss, and be so embarrassed that you retire from the police force to live under a bridge

I cant tell if this is the same asshole tween or if this game is just infested with them but I started this game recently and when I tried to take a swing at them I fell down, had a heart attack and died.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    In a couple of days, I get to play Halo for the first time in I think 15 years? I'm excited!

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i picked up vanquish and it isn't great?

it's kinda neat to zoom about the place, and to roll and then go into slow motion, but I dunno, it feels weirdly paced and so far none of the environments or enemies are particularly interesting (some are kinda neat to look at, but there isn't really much interesting about interacting with them).

like, it's kinda funny that it's a bit over the top with the cutscenes and dialogue and whatnot, but even with trying to play it the intended way with barely ever getting in to cover, it just doesn't feel all that compelling

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

it's kinda neat to zoom about the place, and to roll and then go into slow motion, but I dunno, it feels weirdly paced and so far none of the environments or enemies are particularly interesting (some are kinda neat to look at, but there isn't really much interesting about interacting with them).

like, it's kinda funny that it's a bit over the top with the cutscenes and dialogue and whatnot, but even with trying to play it the intended way with barely ever getting in to cover, it just doesn't feel all that compelling

It's not an amazing game, but it's also not that long.

It has a coupe of cool bosses, and and skating up to an enemy to back flip off them and then rain hell is just a lot of fun for the like 6-10 hours the game is.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I've spent basically the entire day playing Crying Suns. Completely flew under my radar when it released, but man, this is exactly what I was looking for right now. It's a plot-driven roguelite with fairly interesting tactical ship combat and out of game mechanics that feel very FTL, I'm quite hooked. Also not too brutally difficult it seems - I'm in Chapter 4 of 6 on Normal and have only had to restart once (and once you finish a Chapter you can start your runs at the following Chapter, so you don't need to do the whole game in one run even).

I read this and tried to add it to my wishlist, but it was already there and I forgot. There's too many games out.

steam_sig.png
    I've spent basically the entire day playing Crying Suns. Completely flew under my radar when it released, but man, this is exactly what I was looking for right now. It's a plot-driven roguelite with fairly interesting tactical ship combat and out of game mechanics that feel very FTL, I'm quite hooked. Also not too brutally difficult it seems - I'm in Chapter 4 of 6 on Normal and have only had to restart once (and once you finish a Chapter you can start your runs at the following Chapter, so you don't need to do the whole game in one run even).

I read this and tried to add it to my wishlist, but it was already there and I forgot. There's too many games out.

There are way too many games!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I cant tell if this is the same asshole tween or if this game is just infested with them but I started this game recently and when I tried to take a swing at them I fell down, had a heart attack and died.

Looks like I got the best result and sucker punched that snot nosed brat.
    What? Why are you looking at me?
    What is money?

Karoz on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

I didn't finish it, so this isn't a fully informed opinion, but it definitely seemed to me that it was a lot of flash trying to cover up the fact that it's ultimately just a very mediocre cover shooter.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I tried out Disco Elysium because everyone is talking about how great it is, and clicking through dialogue options while inspecting a car caused my character to instantly die with no warning or ability to stop it. Unforgivable.

It's a shame because the rest of it was cool and I was enjoying the bits and pieces I was starting to see, but there are enough games to play that I'm not willing to give time to one that's going to just off me without warning because my stats weren't properly allocated in the builder screen or I tried to be thorough or whatever it was that did it.

Can't you just reload and try again?

I haven't played Disco Elysium yet but I mean, I'd kind of expect to have to do that a few times with an RPG.

• painfulPleasancepainfulPleasance The First RepublicRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    You can use heals while the bar is going down, allowing you to survive otherwise mortal wounds. This isn't mentioned except on the... f1 or tab tutorial pane?

painfulPleasance on
    I went back to trying to raise my sim family. One of my kids loses their fucking shit if they wear anything except a giant red bear costume.

This discussion has been closed.