As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Speaking of games with art styles, still looking forward to this one that had a successful kickstarter awhile back (Updates haven't been FREQUENT, but the game still seems to be doing fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxc7KK-3S9U

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

the people behind Shelter are making a new MMO that's supposed to be more of chill exploration game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuGkGJG9zE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwZKQo0Y5s

it's already reached it's kickstarter goal but still open for backing, the goal seems incredibly low even for a simplified game of this type

even after watching both trailers, I'm not sure how this game actually plays

I’m also unsure but I don’t care hook that shit into my veins, peaceful online exploration RPG hell yeah boyyyy

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

I don't need no friends, I don't need no phone,
    Just a bag of severed head and my Nuclear Throne,

Me no believe in trends, me no believe in genome,
    All me be believe in is the Nuclear Throne,

I don't need no bread, I don't need no home,
    Just everybody dead and my Nuclear Throne,

Me kill you out of nowhere, me kill you all alone,
    Me kill you in the face for my Nuclear Throne.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Nuclear throne is an all time great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Next week is Messenger, which I've been sort of interested in checking out

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

The Messenger is REAL good.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Also out today:

Nov 7 - Pistol Whip (VR, John Wick, Superhot, Shooter, Action)

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

The Messenger is REAL good.

it's worth checking out for sure, great music, tight platforming

some parts of it didn't work for me but overall I thought it was money well spent

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    edit: w/e nbd

Zxerol on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    That sort of thing itself is a massive spoiler

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

the people behind Shelter are making a new MMO that's supposed to be more of chill exploration game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuGkGJG9zE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwZKQo0Y5s

it's already reached it's kickstarter goal but still open for backing, the goal seems incredibly low even for a simplified game of this type

even after watching both trailers, I'm not sure how this game actually plays

I’m also unsure but I don’t care hook that shit into my veins, peaceful online exploration RPG hell yeah boyyyy

At the beginning of the game <village> is attacked and <mentor> dies. You have a beautiful service and keep farming. Years later the evil empire takes over, but nothing really changes for the common man.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Speaking of games with art styles, still looking forward to this one that had a successful kickstarter awhile back (Updates haven't been FREQUENT, but the game still seems to be doing fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxc7KK-3S9U

This is apparently the sequel to Four Last Things, which I wholly recommend playing.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    aight my bads

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I played the new heist in Payday 2 and it was pretty good.

It actually comes with two heists, with the second being a "Cook Off" variant.

The main heist lets you do stealth or loud, though I only did loud. Seems to have a combination of features from other heists. There was also a giant vault that I couldn't open that I suspect has to be done in stealth, and likely contains an armor like Shadow Raid's vault based on what new achievements there are.

I liked the new outfit system, though apparently right now they are bugged so everyone uses the default male body when wearing one.

They still haven't added a "Hold to Interact" toggle, but miraculously my mods didn't break so I still had mine.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I wish I could get into Payday 2 and similar stuff

every time I wanted to play with folks, though, they always wanted to play on the hardest difficulty possible, and I just don't enjoy that

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Still enjoying Andromeda, but it is definitely Too Much Game.

Squad stuff is really good though. I like the multi-stage personal missions for your team and there's good variety. The actual characters are also probably my favourite of the Bioware games so far. I usually struggle to pick someone to romance because nobody interests me that much, but my Ryder's flirting all over.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Wow, they went full Portal with that one, didn't they.

EDIT: Wait, is this not even launching on Xbox now?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, Payday 2. That takes me back.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Still enjoying Andromeda, but it is definitely Too Much Game.

Squad stuff is really good though. I like the multi-stage personal missions for your team and there's good variety. The actual characters are also probably my favourite of the Bioware games so far. I usually struggle to pick someone to romance because nobody interests me that much, but my Ryder's flirting all over.

How much of a dork is your Ryder?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    He doesn't seem that dorky to me. But as a dork myself it's possible I just don't notice it.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I don't have a huge experience with Scott Ryder, but I always got the impression Sarah was the massive dork of the two

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I really hope Planet Zoo starts fixing some of these bugs , because this would be a great game if it was playable.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I really hope Planet Zoo starts fixing some of these bugs , because this would be a great game if it was playable.

Wait, you actually need to sterilize the insects in your exhibits to prevent overcrowding? That's honestly a level of granularity I didn't expect.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Wait, you actually need to sterilize the insects in your exhibits to prevent overcrowding? That's honestly a level of granularity I didn't expect.

You joke but you can do this in the game.

But you will still watch them starve and die even pumped full of hormones because feeding is broken lol

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

every time I wanted to play with folks, though, they always wanted to play on the hardest difficulty possible, and I just don't enjoy that

At this point I mostly play solo on Overkill difficulty when I play (on Loud, Stealth I can do whatever except on some of the newer ones where I didn't learn everything). My build is basically invincible on that difficulty and below with the AI team boosts you can get now.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I don't have a huge experience with Scott Ryder, but I always got the impression Sarah was the massive dork of the two

She's more of a scientist and archaeologist. I think the point that most clearly shows the difference between the two is their response to Javik's "how does the human eye work" rhetorical.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tarkov Update:

Finally reached level 5 which opens up the player flea market. I then discovered, in addition to the lab card, I had several other high value items I'd filled my stash with so now I have a lot of rubles. Well. Not really a lot, but almost a million, so I have some good leeway to loosing gear now. I am currently running the woods in offline mode with an AR I put together to learn the map and practice shooting scavs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

She's more of a scientist and archaeologist. I think the point that most clearly shows the difference between the two is their response to Javik's "how does the human eye work" rhetorical.

Hmmmm that makes sense and is actually really nice that the Ryders are not copies of each other.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Scott Ryder has more of a Paul Rudd, amiable doofus or doofus-adjacent vibe. He's not useless or a mediocrity or whatever, he rises to the occasion, but I think the word that kind of exemplifies him is "gosh"

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Hmmmm that makes sense and is actually really nice that the Ryders are not copies of each other.

Yeah I wasn't aware that their dialogue was actually written differently and that makes me want to play as a male Ryder if/when I ever replay Andromeda.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I starting making my floating platform factory for maximum neatness and then I discovered that I apparently I think my nice valley is too pretty to have a factory floating 50 feet above it so I'm gonna go look for a nice abyss to build a factory out over the ledge of

Also the space elevator looks stupid not sitting on the ground

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    No word yet on how many copies RDR2 sold on PC yet.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I starting making my floating platform factory for maximum neatness and then I discovered that I apparently I think my nice valley is too pretty to have a factory floating 50 feet above it so I'm gonna go look for a nice abyss to build a factory out over the ledge of

You know what goes well in a nice pretty valley?

Dozens of smog spewing coal power plants!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

You know what goes well in a nice pretty valley?

Dozens of smog spewing coal power plants!

Oh for sure, I would quite happily blot out the sun with the smoke from my coal plants filling the valley

Its specifically using foundation platforms to blot out the sun that I'm apparently not into

I think I just need to explore a little more to find the right building site, and when I do my beautiful coal belching machines will have all the materials ready for me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I don't know if I've seen this in the thread but I got pretty sold on a new puzzle-platformer by John Walker at RPS: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/07/mo-astray-review/
    Being a blob, Mo (let’s drop this meaningless capitalisation) oozes about rather sluggishly, albeit quite adhesively. He’s capable of sticking to the sides and underneaths of walls and objects for a limited time, before squelchily peeling off and falling. Fortunately, his similarity to a garden mollusc ends here, as he’s capable of rapidly projecting himself through the air. Ideally directed with a controller, Mo moves on the left stick, while the right stick aims an arrow pointing away from him. Press a trigger and he spoings off in that direction. And this is your primary method of movement – imagine Dandara, but with her pockets and shoes full of goo.

This movement conceit is the springboard from which the game’s ever-evolving puzzles boing. There’s a lot of potentially obvious picks: dodging spikes, hitting buttons, navigating moving platforms, and so on. But all are deployed with real finesse and absolutely pixel-perfect distance placement, to make things pretty tricky, but consistently and defiantly fair. (The greatest barometer of game fairness I’ve discovered over the years is the question of to whom I instinctively aim my invective on failure. When I shout at a game, something’s wrong. When I call myself inventive swears, it’s entirely my fault.)

Seems like a good bit! Also apparently wildly violent, somewhat incongruously.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

This is me with literally any co-op game. I just want to enjoy the game, but everyone else is constantly all MAXIMUM CHALLENGE, MAXIMUM SPEED, MAXIMUM EFFICIENCYYYYY

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

This is me with literally any co-op game. I just want to enjoy the game, but everyone else is constantly all MAXIMUM CHALLENGE, MAXIMUM SPEED, MAXIMUM EFFICIENCYYYYY

Yeah, makes me think of Vermintide where I have a friend that always insists on trying to grab all the grimmoires and tomes and shit even as we're struggling to get through the level. "We'll get more loot!" "We don't get anything if we DIE!" Same friend also insists on turning Diablo 3 to... I think Master difficulty? At character creation on seasons, which makes the early game exhausting. Nothing ever dies. Or hell, been playing Destiny lately and this is what randos do a lot of the time in Strikes. Run straight past the enemies if we don't need to fight them, never stop moving, wiping out groups before people catch up, and it's just like... Dude, can I play the video game? If you don't want to be playing this strike so badly, just don't?

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Destiny Strikes is a rough one because I absolutely sympathize with people who are just trying to get to the end and finish it because once you've done them enough times, you just want it to be fucking over but also there's loot you want from them sometimes

This discussion has been closed.