As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Steam Holiday Sale on now!

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Infinifactory is great: "i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiAAAWOAH I'M A GENIUS

BroloIolomilskiKnight_webguy20DirtyboyDisruptedCapitalistElvenshaeel_vicioDonnictonFencingsax
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Infinifactory is great: "i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiot, i'm an idiAAAWOAH I'M A GENIUS
    All Zachtronics games in a nutshell, I think.

BroloBloodsheedIoloTynnanmilskiKnight_TofystedethDisruptedCapitalist3cl1ps3ElvenshaeFishmanDonnictonFencingsax
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Infinifactory is one of those cases where jesus christ the audiologs really turned me off of the game.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    iddqd
    idkfa
    iddt

Idspispobt i believe was one too.

idspispopd... the No Clipping mode for people that hadn't learned about idclip.

It seemed to be so much less popular than the others that I thought maybe I was misremembering it, but no... it's real. I looked it up just a few weeks ago and:
    SPISPOPD, part of the cheat code "idspispopd", is an abbreviation for Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris.

Its origin can be traced back to the following Usenet post by Eli S. Bingham in early December, 1993, from the comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action newsgroup:

Listen up, ID Software!

Next time you have an impending release of a much anticipated
    game, make sure its name is not so cool-sounding as DOOM and much
    longer to eliminate all of the casual "Where can I get xxx" posts.
    How about "Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris" for
    the next game?

IolocB557ElvenshaeFencingsax
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    When I was fifteen, two of my friends and I had to pool our money so we could share a copy of Baldur's Gate II. It's rough out there.

I was already a college student, but my two housemates and I pooled for Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade. Hotseat mode!

(Ah, memories of housemate leaving for the toilet when his turn was up, he played Necromancer, to return and found that we had put all his dragons in the Skeleton Transformer).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Elvenshae
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    In Thronebreaker a group of villagers formed an angry mob and lynched a bunch of the nonhumans in the town because a rich dude said some of them stole things from him. It was actually bandits.

I had the ringleaders hanged. One of the villagers said they were good people, and then the game told me I traded one evil for another.

Fuck off with that.

Dee KaeDarkPrimusHappy Little MachineStiltsRanlin3cl1ps3EddyJedocDonovan PuppyfuckerKetarMidniteOut Of Contextdurandal4532HeadCreepsMetzger MeisterbalerbowerFencingsaxgodmodeHacksaw
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    moral choices dot txt

ShortyStilts3cl1ps3MidniteFencingsaxHacksaw
    Good people don't form mobs to perform extrajudicial racially motivated hate crimes.

Plus I'm the queen goddammit. They's murderers they get hanged.

ShortyMaddocBahamutZERODee KaeDarkPrimusHappy Little Machinedarunia106StiltsRanlin3cl1ps3EddyDonovan Puppyfuckerel_vicioKetarMidniteNetscapebalerbowerFencingsaxKristmas KthulhuHacksaw
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Did you also get the rich guy

I mean you had to also get the rich guy

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Dizzy DShortyJacobkoshKnight_Happy Little MachineCrippl3Ranlin3cl1ps3EddyDonovan PuppyfuckerMrGrimoireMidnitebalerbowerFencingsaxHacksaw
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I tried to kill everyone in Skyrim but enough of them are immortal so I kinda gave up in frustration

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Install morrowind and kill Vivec

DarmakEddyCouscousMetzger MeisterOlivaw
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The thread of prophecy has been severed.

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    MaddocCorporateRedDarmakEddyElvenshaeOlivaw
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Install morrowind and kill Vivec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Crippl3DisruptedCapitalistDarmakElvenshaeDee KaeNetscape
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The thread of prophecy has been severed.

Nah, you can kill Vivec and still complete the game. Just go talk to Yagrum Bagarn afterwards

JtgVX0H.png
    Speaking of Morrowind, the Tamriel Rebuilt team surprised me and actually released their latest update soon just like they said! It adds a pretty sizeable chunk to the middle part of mainland Morrowind (mostly southish of Vivec and Ebonheart)

https://youtu.be/iJO7SpEuJXk

JtgVX0H.png
    Metzger MeisterOlivawNetscape
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I tried to kill everyone in Skyrim but enough of them are immortal so I kinda gave up in frustration

There's a mod for that, I'm sure. I remember there was at least one to make the annoying brats killable

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »

There's a mod for that, I'm sure. I remember there was at least one to make the annoying brats killable

You can open the developer console and set essential characters as unessential if you'd like. This can cause issues if the game wants those characters for something and you've killed them, though.

Olivaw wrote: »
    Did you also get the rich guy

I mean you had to also get the rich guy

Not mentioned at all! Maybe he was one of the "ringleaders" but they don't specify.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    iddqd
    idkfa
    iddt

idclip also wasn't introduced until Doom II.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    iddqd
    idkfa
    iddt

It was backported to Doom 1 via v1.666 iirc.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Donnicton wrote: »
    iddqd
    idkfa
    iddt

It was backported to Doom 1 via v1.666 iirc.

Yeah but that came out nearly a year after initial release, tens of millions of people were already used to IDSPISPOPD for noclip.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    webguy20Elvenshae
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    In the commercial for the X-Box Game Pass, they mention that you can play the classic games you love. The image on the screen when they say that, looks like an Ark from Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Microsoft's got jokes.

sig.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Tarkov Update: Haven't played in a couple of days due to work being draining. Start up this morning and run a quick scav raid to loosen up. Almost immediately find the last fake iphone I need to a quest I've had forever and just cheese it for the exit. I then decide to do the second part of a quest widely known as one of the most annoying, drop off an item in the factory map. You have to hold the use key for 30 seconds while in a small room that has very little cover on the smallest map well know for lots of pvp fighting. If you die while doing this you have to go to another map, get the item again and survive then try again.

I spawn the closest that is physically possible to the room and just run in and pray. I head gunfire on the other side of the factory with 10 seconds left then just run for the exit. I made it and was very nervous.

This has been a good morning so far! My next scav raid I find several high value items but then get into a stupid pistol fight with another player scav and die but who cares I did those other quests!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

IoloPlatyTynnanCrippl3
    You know what really grinds my gears, and has been for months

the whole "let's go boys", "we got 'em boys", "something something boys" in online chat in games, forum posts and whatnot. I don't know if this is some youtuber catchphrase that permeated the culture, but I cannot stand it, because it's another reinforcement of "men only, no gurls lol"

urgh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Delduwath
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Find/replace "boys" with "comrades"

DepressperadoCouscousFencingsaxElvenshae
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I go for something like "once more unto the breach, dear friends!"

"kick the tires and light the fires!"

Fencingsax
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I like the abbreviated version "let's go!", perhaps led into by a hype "yooooooo"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    TcheldorCrippl3CouscousFencingsax
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    For a motivating exclamation I like to snort and sneeze and cough and gag and burp and fart into my microphone ceaselessly

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    BahamutZEROFencingsaxDepressperado
  • PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    I started playing the PC version of Chrono Trigger.

Out of curiosity of how bad the initial release was I tried the "HD" graphics option. It turns the game into a blurry mess and shouldn't exist.

The game looks nice and like it should with the "original" graphics option, although text and various menu icons are still a little bit blurry.

An option for a battle UI more closely resembling the original version would be nice, but in the end it's still Chrono Trigger.

el_vicio
    I go for something like "once more unto the breach, dear friends!"

"kick the tires and light the fires!"

There's always the classic

LEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYYYY mmmJENKIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!

Elvenshae
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I heard the Leeroy Jenkins guy killed somebody

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited December 2019
    Peewi wrote: »

Out of curiosity of how bad the initial release was I tried the "HD" graphics option. It turns the game into a blurry mess and shouldn't exist.

The game looks nice and like it should with the "original" graphics option, although text and various menu icons are still a little bit blurry.

An option for a battle UI more closely resembling the original version would be nice, but in the end it's still Chrono Trigger.

I haven't really looked at that version, did they ruin the spritework like they did with FF6?

I still have the DS version of CT, which is essentially perfect

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• PeewiPeewi I edited this in 2024 I edited this in 2024Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

I haven't really looked at that version, did they ruin the spritework like they did with FF6?

I still have the DS version of CT, which is essentially perfect

They didn't touch the sprites at all, but they moved the ATB bars to be by the characters along with a health bar.

I don't think the way the enemy targeting cursor moves always makes sense, but I don't know how that bit compares to other non-DS versions.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that was true in the SNES version

captaink
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Today's free Epic game is SUPERHOT: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/superhot/home
    The teaser for tomorrow's game is a match, and unlike previous days doesn't spoil the game name in the file name, so it's unclear. Predictions I've seen are Little Inferno (and perhaps the other Tomorrow Corporation games) or The Flame In The Flood.

MaddocPwnanObrien
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i guess little inferno because that's older

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Maybe Firewatch

Knight_NetscapeSorceGvzbgul3cl1ps3Donovan Puppyfucker
    Uriel wrote: »
    Find/replace "boys" with "comrades"

I use, "y'all" and sometimes "you fuckers"

JtgVX0H.png
    Netscape