Options

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hail, Satan
    I'm just some guy in his 30s. I like robots of the giant variety (think your Gundams and Transformers), Star Wars, Wrestling (NJPW, AEW), and of course video games. I like science fiction but I'm terrible about ever reading, I just started Ancillary Sword last night. I have a kindle so if you have something you think I should check out I'd prefer it digitally unless it's some fancy leather-bound tome or similar that you feel is the way to read it. I've been working out at home recently doing body weight/dumbbell exercises but kinda fell off in the back half of the year as work got real stressful. If you wanna get something to kick my ass back into gear that'd probably be smart. I live in a small apartment so maybe don't go wild and get me like an elliptical or a chest press machine or whatever. I play video games on PC, PS4 and Switch. The occasional retro stuff too, mainly Nintendo handhelds and PS2. If you have something you can make that I can hang up or display that would be cool. My amazon wishlist is kinda all over the place and is used for myself just as much as it is for gifts, I tried to prune it and add some stuff recently, It's not really in any order. I don't really have any allergies but did figure out I'm lactose intolerant, this shouldn't affect most baked goods though as butter is super low lactose if you felt inclined to go that route. I'm definitely more of a chocolate person than hard candy or brittle. Bourbon and Whiskey are good too.

Also I'll be out of town from the 9th through the 13th so plan accordingly.

Amazon:
    http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1D8Q80CJFG3CU
    Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lasbrook/wishlist

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm absolutely doing this next year (please ignore when I said this last year)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    My imp senses are tingling.

The time is getting closer.

I'm so excited.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Everyone get @Tonkka a kitty!

My landlord is going to be mighty cross.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Oh shit I'm out of town after matchups are sent out I should make a note of that in my post in case I get one of those speedy satans

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh whoops i knew there was something i forgot to do yesterday

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Tito! You had one job!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    And now we wait...

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I can't wait to gift someone. Like you guys, my wife won't let me give her Christmas gifts early anymore so I have all this pent up gifting just burning a hole though my soul.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I can't wait to gift someone. Like you guys, my wife won't let me give her Christmas gifts early anymore so I have all this pent up gifting just burning a hole though my soul.

Let me direct you to my sig... And the SECRET SAINTS thread.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2019
    Dear satan,

This year might be on the tough side, unfortunately, as far as things my brain can scrape together for my wishlist. I am going to ramble some stuff out and hope it's helpful.

I love crafts, but I do have a ton of stuff for most things since I haven't been able to make myself sit down to anything. I guess the exception would be a small rigid heddle loom and like.. woodcarving tools, but those things are expensive and looms can take up a lot of space I don't have. I guess so can woodcarving. I really enjoy problem solving everything and being able to pull the solution to any given situation out of my bag, but I am unsure how to translate that into a gift request or even a cohesive list because it's very general and I don't even know what to look for. I'd really like a really nice watch with a mechanical movement, because right now my watch is my phone and I don't always have that available, or one of those swiss army style credit card-shaped multi-tools. Or anything-shaped multi-tools. I like multi-tools, especially if they're small and have lots and lots of tools.

I prefer physical copies of books. I've been trying to sit down and read more but it's a tough habit to get back into, especially because when I have the most time and inclination to read I don't have access to my phone, and I don't really like reading on it anyway. It's also a lot easier to read to my kids from a real book with pages. I can't find my copy of Good Omens to re-read, and it's bumming me out. I have the ebook but I just can't get into reading that. A dim-but-useful, lightweight book light might be good. "Physical copy" is only for books. I haven't had a device to play physical media in quite some time.

Stuff for my kids is fine too. I have two kids, one is six and loves Lego and Ninjago, but has many if not most of the not-huge sets that meet at the intersection of those two things. His favorite thing he's ever built is the fire snake. He also loves Minecraft. He has a big plush creeper and a big plush spider, and somewhere we have a big plush sheep. He does not have any Lego sets for this. Lloyd is his favorite ninja and he sleeps with a big plush of him. He also likes the Lego city sets, and the look of the Lego NASA sets. He likes My Little Pony a lot but gets less excited about the toys. He's currently eyeing up the FIENDship is Magic comics; today he asked a bunch of questions about King Sombra, but actual information about him seems contained to that one issue of that one series. He also thought the stuff about Nightmare Moon sounded neat. Princess Celestia is his favorite because she's the most powerful. I've pointed out that that's been disproved again and again in the show, but he will hear none of it.

The other is three and loves My Little Pony and a lot of the songs from it, and pretty dresses and playing with pretty things. She also likes Tayo and Super Wings, but it can be harder to find toys for those. And every robot is a Story Bot. She's not old enough to argue pony politics, and she has a different favorite every hour or so. She likes chasing her brother around with swords, but we really don't have the space for me to be able to encourage that unfortunately. I'm not sure where it came from, but she has a special love for cupcakes. Then again, who doesn't? She just got a legacy toy from McDonald's and she calls it "Robot Sandwich." Mostly I just really love my kids and think they're the best and wanted to talk about them for awhile to a semi-captive audience.

I am Jewish and feel kind of strongly about it, please no stuff for non-Jewish holidays.

Favorite color: dark blue
    Favorite show: The Good Place
    Favorite team: Vegas Golden Knights
    Favorite pony: Princess Luna followed by Starlight Glimmer, who is seriously underrated imo
    Favorite book: Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
    Favorite movie: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Ghost I love it so much
    Favorite TBA

Amazon Wishlist that I just realized has a whole lot of ninjago stuff

PS - I really need a watch. There are some blue men's watches on mvmt which I mention mainly because I adore mechanical movements, and I've been kind of holding out for one with a mechanical movement visible from the outside of the watch. I wish I could learn to make them. Most of the men's watches there look pretty cool. I can give some examples/info if requested, it seems easier than listing every beautiful watch I see.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Right, k, a Satan's post it is.

To get it right out of the way, here is my wishlist. I'll be updating that a bit today and then more as I stalk other people's lists.

Hail, Satan!

Thanks so much for doing this. Please know that anything that I receive will be awesome so this is your pass for you to do you. Do you cook stuff? Hell yes, send that shit over..just be sure to include a recipe cause I'm gonna wanna make it. Do you make stuff? Yeeesssss. Homemade stuff is awesome. Do you not have time for any of that shit? Tell me about it - the fact that you're doing this at all is great and I love you for it, so do whatever.

If you'd like to know a bit more about me I can break that down for you here:

I work in the video game industry and have a high-end gaming PC, PS4, and Xbox One. My favorite series have been Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed (specifically the Ezio Trilogy and Black Flag). I tend not to play a lot of FPS and have been working through Divinity Original Sin 2 with my friends for a bit now. Got something else I should be playing? Lemmie know! I also get together on a monthly basis with some friends to play board games, so those are always good. And I'm playing through a DnD campaign right now as well. It's taking place entirely underwater so multi dimensional fighting and all that goodness. It's bonkers.

Because of work I travel A LOT. I'm like a few flights away from hitting the top tier status on American Airlines. Have any travel hacks that you know about? Gear that gets you buy? Noise cancelling headphones that you can't live without? Cooooooool.

What do I do when I'm not working? I like to travel for fun too and lately it's been to different wine regions up and down the west coast. I like wine. A lot. Reds, specifically and my favs tend to come from Valle De Guadalupe in Mexico, Santa Cruz, and Paso Robles. Maybe an awesome decanter for the wine? I don't have one of those at the moment. In addition to vino whiskey and gin are also pretty high on my "I consume it" list. Tea as well if you're heading in a non-booze direction. Oh man, do you have a favorite tea? Lemmie know. I don't so much drink coffee, but someone in my household does.

Speaking of - it's me, my gf, and four cats. Yep...four. Cat treats and toys are awesome.

I love hiking and getting out of LA and up into the San Gabriels whenever I can. I tend to rock a pretty lightweight gear set up for it so I'm also looking at tweaking and adjusting things. Far too much time has been spent wandering around REI and Patagonia.

I'm also super into cooking so anything down that path is likely to be very appreciated! I could use a few new serving platters for hosting and such.

I listen to a lot of sci-fi and fantasy books, I read a bunch of them too.

Feel free to send any elves my way if you've got more questions and I'll keep on updating this as I think of things.

And as ever and always - glory be unto you and your dark works.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Woooo got my Satanee!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hmm.

Interesting.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    MwahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa*coughs*

Ahem

Ha.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh.. So Jelly!!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh this one is gonna be interesting~

• Options
    Aww I want a satan

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Aww I want a satan

phase 3 coming... soon!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    A deal is made, pact sealed in blood.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    How much blood is too much blood to give your giftee?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    How much blood is too much blood to give your giftee?

How much you got?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    In hogsheads?

Maybe 34

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    What about in gils?

Gills, apparently. This isn't Final Fantasy!

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    As much as you like, just make sure you label it to prevent reckless consumption.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I got a good one!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I got a rock!

But hopefully I'll get my match soon!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I got a rock!

But hopefully I'll get my match soon!

WEzjQVWl.jpg

...it was a big rock...

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh, yes.

This will do.

THANK YOU, SATAN!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    This will do nicely. The dark pact is set. Now the ritual can begin in earnest.

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    An interesting choice, but one I am fully prepared for. In fact, I already physically have a few things to give them. :twisted:

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh man, prepare to get your ass gifted off, [redacted]! You'll get gifted so hard you'll wish you weren't gifted so hard!

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    The chant has been uttered and the dark ritual has been set in motion, dark tidings will be finding an unfortunate soul quite soon...

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    well

well well well well well

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Also FYI to my Satan, I updated my post to be more mobile-friendly with links, since the ones in my sig don't work properly because of the forum bugs

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I got the thing, hail (checks notes) ...satin.