As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    If your sig is fucking up, you can fit wishlist links in your title and location if need be. It's dirty and ugly but fuck, the ends justify the means!

Also, this is me making a placeholder post for my sign up, I gotta fire an email off to Brolo.

EDIT: email sent!

Y'all know me, I'm a loudmouthed arsehole from Australia. I like good movies (my wishlist has a few, BluRays in region B please!), good books, good food, video games, LEGO, generally typical "guy" stuff excepting sports. I don't need much to be made very happy indeed, if you've not got a large budget and shipping is mad pricey, I loved receiving a nice hand-drawn picture of a Lamborghini Aventador last time I was involved in this. If you're European and have access to some particularly delectable chocolate as long as it's properly wrapped and labelled it should make it through Customs just fine - my little sister brought me back a kilogram slab of milk chocolate from Belgium for my 35th birthday in January last year and that kept me happy for months!

I'll put the links in here in long form for my Satan!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/K2KU64V9ITF0/
    Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561198023548228/#sort=order

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    If your sig is fucking up, you can fit wishlist links in your title and location if need be. It's dirty and ugly but fuck, the ends justify the means!

Also, this is me making a placeholder post for my sign up, I gotta fire an email off to Brolo.

EDIT: email sent!

Y'all know me, I'm a loudmouthed arsehole from Australia. I like good movies (my wishlist has a few, BluRays in region B please!), good books, good food, video games, LEGO, generally typical "guy" stuff excepting sports. I don't need much to be made very happy indeed, if you've not got a large budget and shipping is mad pricey, I loved receiving a nice hand-drawn picture of a Lamborghini Aventador last time I was involved in this. If you're European and have access to some particularly delectable chocolate as long as it's properly wrapped and labelled it should make it through Customs just fine - my little sister brought me back a kilogram slab of milk chocolate from Belgium for my 35th birthday in January last year and that kept me happy for months!

I've got bad news, and I've got bad news.
    fgdpn1x2mlm5.png

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I've got worse news: that link isn't a link. It's just text.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Select the text with your mouse, then copy and paste in a new tab. Simples!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    make a bit.ly link for heck's sake

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    no no just put the entire list in there

vmE6K8E.jpg

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    no no just put the entire list in there

vmE6K8E.jpg

oh god qRFbmUI.png

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Being on the mobile browser makes me immune to your hi jinx.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Then make it zalgo.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Okay okay, I fixed it (I hope!)

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I just set up an elaborate treasure hunt detouring back through previous years’ satans posts in order to find my most recent one.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yeah alright I'll do this. It's been a bit since I've gotten some corrugated cardboard cuts.

wOM1qTR.jpg
    Thank you for answering my summons, O Dark One.

Let me start things off easy, with my Amazon Wishlist. That wishlist is almost entirely full of books (physical only), along with a smattering of DVDs (specifically - I do not own a Blu-Ray player) and board games, because I have never gotten used to the idea of treating Amazon as more than a bookstore. If you want to understand it further, I have a rudimentary priority sorting which I recommend switching to, as it will tell you things I want the most off of it.

But feel not beholden to that list! Here's the thing - that list can only cover the things that I know that I want. And what I really want is whatever weird shit you want to send me. If that list gives you ideas of things you think I might like, go for it. I'm especially up for artsy things, if you are an artist, and I'm up for whatever filth you may desire in the NSFW department, because why the hell not.

I like both tabletop RPGs and board games quite a bit, and you'll find some of those represented on that Amazon wishlist. With RPGs, I tend to prefer small indie things, rather than the big names, as I end up reading more than actually playing these days. With board games, I'm fond of things that play well with two players but can accommodate more. If you want to know what sorts of things I already have, there's this sporadically updated list to cover board games, but I don't have anything of the sort set up for RPGs. If you want to know more, I can make a list for you, of course.

I can't eat seafood, in case you were planning on sending me a trout, and I'm not super into nuts or coconut. Or like, banana I guess? I'm constructing a pretty weird narrative here in order to get a box full of bananas and trout. But other food is probably a safe bet. I drink coffee (primarily) and tea (sometimes) and alcohol (constantly), and would definitely appreciate any of those being sent, especially if you have some local flavor or whatever you want to share with me.

Clothing is a fraught game, and in general I'd recommend you steer clear. I'm real weird shaped, being a skeleton man composed entirely of limbs, so these measurements are mostly estimates, but regardless, I tend to go with a men's small for t-shirts/sweaters, a 15/32 for dress shirts, 36R for jackets, 29/34 for pants, and a 7 1/4 for hats. My overall fashion sense is button-up shirts, crew neck t-shirts that I've cut the collar and sleeves off of, and black jeans. Maybe supplemented with a few jewel tones (particularly greens, reds, and purples). Often paired with a leather jacket in one of those colors, as well. I do also have a denim jacket that I am currently beating the shit out of, and if you wanted to send me a patch to add to that jacket I would iron that fucker right on (or sew it on, more likely, I don't want it to fall off). Or, in the other direction, sometimes I like to dress extremely fancy, and maybe there's a neat tie or something?

Sometimes I listen to music? I have a record player, for when I want to not listen to said music on my phone, and if there's music you want to share with me, please feel free. I have overall fairly wide-ranging tastes - the only genre I am unequivocally not interested in is metal.

As we are members of a forum that is largely devoted to the enjoyment of video games, I feel obligated to mention those. I don't have any sort of video game consoles, and my computer is a fairly lightweight laptop, so my video game diet is often fairly limited. I have a wishlist on Steam - username is Quetzi - if you want to check it on out. It's full of games that I've meant to play for ages and also a lot of games that my computer can't run but I want to remember for when I finally have a better computer.

That is, I believe, the majority of what I have to say. Maybe I'll add more, but probably not. I've done this in previous years, if you think those wishlists can be more helpful, but I'm pretty sure they won't be, because I copied and pasted all of this (including, once again, this caveat)!

I will be out of town the week surrounding Christmas, just as a side note, so I'd recommend not sending things then? My apartment is fairly safe and all that, I just... won't get things immediately. And even if I get things immediately sometimes it takes me a couple of days to post about them because for some reason I decided to spend eight hours taking pictures.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am still umming and ahhing about this.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yeah alright I'll do this. It's been a bit since I've gotten some corrugated cardboard cuts.

Wishlist placeheld.

I am so ridiculously excited about this, you have no idea.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Wishlist placeheld.

I am so ridiculously excited about this, you have no idea.

I also have no ideas about what I will be doing for it and probably less time than usual this year

So don't get your hopes too up

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well I know if I get Straightzi I'm going to recruit every creative person I know to come up with SOMETHING.

Gotta make a fun game around the dragon themed sex toys I plan to buy. For anyone I get.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    hmu if you really wanna mess w/ straightzi

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Well I know if I get Straightzi I'm going to recruit every creative person I know to come up with SOMETHING.

Gotta make a fun game around the dragon themed sex toys I plan to buy. For anyone I get.

I'm gonna hold you to that. I expect to see a dragon sex toy in someone's gift get post.

• Options
    hmu if you really wanna mess w/ straightzi

Pfft if I get him I'm gonna send him a whole bunch of terrible country music CDs.

• Options
    I mean I don't have a CD player but I'm fine with country music

I guess that's sort of a thing?

• Options
    Oh no! I'll have to think of something even less cool!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Oh no! I'll have to think of something even less cool!

Send him a pip.

Oh I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for this, again. Post forthcoming with wishlist bullshit or whatever.

Dear Satan:
    I am a big, goofy guy. For clothes, I basically can't wear any T-shirts off the rack because my torso is very long, but an XXLT can fit from some brands. I have a Switch, PS4 and PC as far as the vidjagames go. I like RPGs and platformers and puzzle games and tactics games, and especially games that combine any of those elements (Luigi's Mansion 3 was great). I enjoy cooking and baking, and have many of the basic accouterments that go along with that, but may be very ignorant of some of the cooler things. I like oddity knick-knacks, as well, like my luchador bottle opener and my Sword of Damocles windchime. Mostly what I want is something I didn't know I wanted, though. Something you really enjoy that you feel would overlap into my likes.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    hellow satan
    Things I like: Baking, cooking, weird spices, painting, drawing, and outdoorsy stuff in general

Things I like to get from people: Something unique from where you're at! Local crafts, specialities, weird jam, strange earrings in the shape of a heroic dog, etc etc
    Handmade items are also nifty!
    Booze is always very welcome - especially scotch, small-batch bourbon, or interesting craft gin.

For other ideas, my amazon wishlist is here! It's mostly full of books though:
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1BYGADQ3O90DO

And my etsy faves:
    https://www.etsy.com/people/careynic?ref=hdr-fav&tab=items

tynic on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    What's good, Dark Benefactor?
    First, some wishlists for your perusal:

Fangamer Wishlist!

Steam wishlist!

And an Amazon wishlist!

For the record, at this point the Amazon wishlist is stuff that I would not expect to receive; my main problem is that the selection on Amazon is waaaaaaaaaaaay too goddamned big, and I'm having trouble refining a bit beyond stuff that I can think of off the top of my head, most of which I wouldn't expect to get because it's definitely on the pricey side. I'll try to winnow it down a bit as much as I can, but hopefully it provides a couple ideas that you can go off of.

I play a lot of D&D, both DMing and as a player; right now I exclusively play 5th Edition, and I've got access to all of the hardcover releases, though I can always use more minis and dice, because you can never have enough minis and dice (allegedly). If you have any other tabletop games that you'd enthusiastically recommend, I'm here for it; I'll need to go through my present library to give you a list of what I've already got, but feel free to have an Imp contact me so I can let you know whether or not I already have something you're considering.

As far as the Vidja Gaemz go, I'm pretty much exclusively on PC at the moment. Ideally, that Steam wishlist should serve as a good indicator of what I'm interested in; here's my full Steam game list if you'd prefer something a little more definitive in terms of what I already have, and what I like to play. I do own a 3DS as well, but that's about it. Also; please don't judge my time played in Destiny 2. Or at least, please do it quietly.

If you're thinking of more practical stuff, I'm desperately in need of a new office chair, and I could use some compact storage options for the ever growing horde of stuff. I wouldn't mind a new PC desk either, but that's by no means a priority.

As for other miscellaneous stuff, if you're looking at clothing, I'm a hefty dude in the 2X range. Books are good and my library desperately needs to be filled out a bit; if you've got anything you'd recommend, I'm down to give it a shot, though I tend to spend a lot of time with my nose buried in sci-fi. I also do a bit of pin collecting, and could use something good for safely storing pins.

Related: PA Merch, especially Acquisitions Incorporated merch, is usually a safe bet, whether it's pins or apparel. I own pretty much all of their books by this point.

If you want to send homemade or crafted stuff, feel free! I'd love to see what you're working on.

Hopefully this helps, if you've got any specific questions, feel free to let me know through whatever means you believe appropriate. If you want to get a second opinion, rhylith is a good buddy and might be willing to provide tacit feedback on any gift ideas you might have.

And thanks for participating this year, you're awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Edit: Updated on 12/1/19!

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Can't decide whether to sign up this year. I never feel satisfied with the gifts that I send.

• Options
    Can't decide whether to sign up this year. I never feel satisfied with the gifts that I send.

It's the thought that counts!

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Wish post!
    My amazon list has a few things that I would enjoy, but one thing I'd like that I'm not sure about is a new xbox controller for PC. We have a 360 controller with the wireless adapter, but the joysticks are getting pretty drifty. Now that amazon appears to be full of knockoffs and bad reviews, we aren't sure about which one to get! We'd be using it with a windows 10 laptop hooked up to our tv, and it seems like the xbox one controllers have bluetooth, so I guess that might work?

If you like to bake or have regional treats, we like just about anything, no allergies.

If you like to shop for kids, we have 2 year old and 2 month old twins! It's kinda crazy! They're pretty set on toys, but we're low on board games for kids. I'd like to have some fun "age 3+" games that I could play with my son.

I'll try to think of some more things but hopefully that gives you some options. Thank you in advance, and happy holidays!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Okay here's wish list stuff.
    Wish list links:
    wish list
    Steam wishlist
    Etsy wishlist

For house things: I have a small mid-century house where I have leaned hard into the mid-century look inside. I don't have much on the walls, though; specifically I would love a mid-mod gold metal something or other for the wall over the bed. I love plants. Love, love indoor plants. And those funky mid-century plant stands.
    For me things: I play piano and guitar. I could use some restocking of piano music.
    I'm a big reader and a high school English teacher. I’m always looking for more books for my classroom library. Interesting local authors are always fun for me. I'm a cross-genre reader, for the most part. Definitely been delving into more sci-fi lately.
    I love music. Again pretty cross genre. I'm mostly digital on the music, but I do have my eye on a couple of retro record players, and that would be fun.
    Ummmm. I have a ps2, ps4, an xbox one, a wiiU, and a Switch. I'll throw some games on my Amazon list of things I don't have. I do play on Steam, but I have a Macbook with no Windows partition right now, so that does limit me.
    I love nerd shirts. Especially book nerd shirts. I love getting crafty, handmade things. I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Charlotte Bronte.
    I’d love to add to the nerdy badges on my teacher bag. So there's that
    If you're really feeling the money burning a hole in your pocket, I could use some class sets of Fahrenheit 451, Ender’s Game, or The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

This whole list seems random. haha. I'm a turbo-nerd English teacher who plays games and listens to NPR on the way to school. Go wild with that, I guess. :-D
    No: lacy, flowery, flower-scented, nsfw, or like stuffed animal stuff.

I will likely be out of town from the 19th to the 26th of December. I do have a box for parcels on my front porch, and I can message family to come pick up packages if need be, but just an fyi.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh fuck I gotta take care of this tomorrow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Decided to join in after all, because I'll be an old man full of regret if I don't.

I like gardening and have an allotment. Seeds and things are nice. I also do the cooking in our house and some decent knives would be a godsend.

I don't read as much as I should but when I do I tend towards sci-fi, historical fiction, post-apocalyptica, and fantasy.

Clothes are probably tricky because I'm a weird shape, but I usually wear M t-shirts. Currently nerd shirts I own include an Aperture Laboratories shirt and one with a logo for the Rocinante from The Expanse. I prefer nerdy stuff that doesn't look obviously nerdy to people who don't know the thing it's referencing.

I don't have children but do have two nephews, the older is 3 and loves stories, so if you know any cool books for kids that age that would be neat.

I'd love anything like a souvenir from your home or a thing you just think is rad or something you really enjoy. If you are creative at all and want to make me something I'd also love that.

Food wise I'll eat basically anything. Regional treats are always a winner. Only thing is I don't have much of a sweet tooth; I enjoy chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and cookies etc but things like hard/chewy candies tend to be too sweet for me. I don't drink much booze but when I do it's usually dark ale, sometimes gin.

My Amazon wishlist. As you can probably guess from that I'm planning to build a new PC, so the stuff on there at the moment is mostly just to remind me what things I need.

Steam wishlist

Thanks. Hail Satan!

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    List should be up to date as of this post.

If you signed up and don't see yourself on the list below the OP, please contact me!

Please have your wishlists complete by midnight (EST) tonight! I can't do matches until every wishlist is filled out, so not finishing your personal list means EVERYONE has to wait for their matches!

• Options
    Thanks for the reminder, updated my post.

• Options
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    FUCK!

Here are a few things that I enjoy.
    Coffee
    They Might Be Giants
    Comics
    Video games that are played on: PC, PS4, WiiU, NES, Genesis
    Art & Design
    Detroit Red Wings
    Seattle Mariners
    Gunpla

Here are some links to places on the internet that make me want to spend money on buying things for myself.
    https://mysteryschool.bigcartel.com/
    https://100soft.shop/
    https://chopshopstore.com/
    https://roguescreenprint.bigcartel.com/

EDIT: I will be adding to this list soon.

HAIL SATAN

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    HAIL SATAN
    Hello Dark Lord,

things what I derive enjoyment from:

Cooking: cool cook books, neat kitchen tools? My first ever Satan gave me a wooden spoon-spatula hybrid that I used the heck out of until my dog chewed it. Also last year's suggestion of delicious hot sauces turned out really well so if you're into that sort of thing and have something you think I'd like, by all means!

Coffee: I have a french press, an aeropress, and a cheap & easy old electric drip coffee maker. Delicious beans or anything like that would be fun.

Board Games: I've been running a charity gaming event the last couple years and am trying to build a better library of games for new players. Stuff that's quick to learn/play would be great!

Video games: I have a PS4 and a Switch, I'll put a few games I don't already have but would like in my wishlist?

Sci-fi/fantasy novels - trying to remember/list which older/classic stuff I've read would be tricky but if there's anything recent you've read/enjoyed that would be cool. Bonus appreciation points for more diverse authors.

Wish liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!

• Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    FUCK!

Here are a few things that I enjoy.
    Coffee
    They Might Be Giants
    Comics
    Video games that are played on: PC, PS4, WiiU, NES, Genesis
    Art & Design
    Detroit Red Wings
    Seattle Mariners
    Gunpla

Here are some links to places on the internet that make me want to spend money on buying things for myself.
    https://mysteryschool.bigcartel.com/
    https://100soft.shop/
    https://chopshopstore.com/
    https://roguescreenprint.bigcartel.com/

EDIT: I will be adding to this list soon.

HAIL SATAN

Also: Kitties

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    Everyone get @Tonkka a kitty!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    All I want for Christmas is Fu

Of the Shaq variety

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Posting here
    I am terrible to shop for, but making an Amazon wish list right now, too
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2AV6KYR8Z4PZD?ref_=wl_share
    I like tmbg
    I don't play games
    I am trying to read a lot more, but have a lot of books, so I guess that's a crap shoot
    I have two kids, 6 year old girl who loves bugs and art and soon to be 4 year old boy who loves animals and trucks. Both love stealing my phone to play games.
    The kids also love to cook, but I am terrible, so maybe something so they can help me with small things.
    I wear men's large shirts.
    Trying to go out to movies, shows, etc more. I like the mcu more than I probably should.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing