As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2019 [CRYPTIC SANTA] & [SECRET CARDS]! Wait, is that what classiness looks like?

124»

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I just got a beautiful card in the mail from @Dark Raven X and @Ravenhpltc24 !!!!!!! It includes DRAWINGS OF ME?!?; DO YOU HAVE any idea how RARE IT IS THAT SOMEONE DRAWS ME??!!!

PICTURES INCOMING LATER I HAVE SHOWN THIS TO EVERYONE THANK YOU

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have been then recipient of a holiday bombardment!

Thank you Santa for tickling my Formula 1 obsession:
    UinpIhS.jpg

73xdrYb.jpg
    That’s an excellent, stylish print of The Circuit of the Americas in Austin coupled with passes to the track for its inaugural race weekend in 2012. That’s some cool stuff! I’m a crazy person and have already looked into having it all framed together.

Thank you to whoever you are!

And a special shoutout to @mRahmani for facilitating a cross country detour due to an address mixup. Penny Arcade forum proves once again to be the best place on the internet. Love you all!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    fuck yea mRahmani, you're the best :)

Happy Holidays, Davis!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I will get pictures later, but this weekend, I received a package from the northern wilds of Canada. Inside, I found two packages of Coffee Crisp bars, and a well padded package - which when opened was revealed to be a gorgeous painting of wildlife under the northern lights, done by a Native artist from the region my Secret Santa is from.

That picture is amazing. We're still figuring where it's going to go, but we've been looking for Native art to decorate with, and this is an amazing piece to start with. After reading the card and the details on the picture, my wife broke into tears because she was so happy to get something like this. So thank you so much to my Secret Santa, who nailed it right on the head.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Glad you got the package! I knew it had to be somebody's present and was trying to figure out who to contact to get it where it needed to go. Merry Christmas dude!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The northern lights in that painting glow in the dark, Hedgie!

I'm so glad you like it!

Also, I always send Coffee Crisp to Americans, you are forced to live without its greatness.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @RMS Oceanic Are there any forumers still awaiting gifts? Has everyone been Santa'd?

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I heard my Santee got gifts but I haven’t gotten a confirmation from them

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Going through my notes, two people have not checked in. I'll give them a nudge.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    hss7x5jzmtcv.gif

The gift cannon arrived! A while back! In odd circumstances! Right before I left for holidays and did not have time to get pictures arranged!!!

cn9upMz.jpg?1

First off, we've got a pile of tokens for MTG! You can never have enough tokens lying around.

V8saNqm.jpg?1

Next, we have a beautiful Lord of the Rings poster!

JOJym1v.jpg?1

And after that, we have Kill Six Billion Demons and The Wicked and The Divine! I enjoyed both of these while traveling for the holidays.

Hi0yaIh.jpg

And (semi) finally, we have a Lord of the Rings board game! I need to bring this to PAX so people can try it out.

ZpVsA0b.jpg?2

Here's the whole haul, plus a pile of D6s that came with the gift that I didn't get an individual picture of!

As far as those odd circumstances go, apparently the package(s?) were delivered to the wrong house on a completely wrong street by Amazon/UPS/whoever and promptly opened; the neighbors, after some confusion and inability to figure out who sent them the gifts, hand delivered them to me. I thus have no idea who sent these! It's an excellent pile of gifts, whether for me or for random Texans :P

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Yaaaaaay Merry Christmas, @milski <3 🎄

And I get to see you soon! :mrgreen:

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I received a packed from far away! It had to be signed for and everything! I took pictures but have failed to post. I will post later today!

It is later today!
    So after a little back and forth with the post office because of the signature that was needed (I spent a week or so very confused about why the package would need a signature haha), I received a large, flatish envelope:
    aMe41fh.jpg?2
    Oh, so that's why it needs a signature--it's international mail! ooooOOOOOoooh
    I was quite pleased with the contents as well:
    A lovely card that I took a really bad picture of but didn't realize it until just now!
    WrV0zx7.jpg?1

A book of Seamus Heaney poetry!
    QlTGETn.jpg?1
    I love Heaney's poetry. His Beowulf is what made me love the story. I didn't start reading his other work until a few years after that, but I have loved reading it. I really enjoy his voice.

And a lovely Oscar Wilde print!
    1bnSJdb.jpg?1
    Another of my faves!

A wonderful package! Thank you so much @RMS Oceanic I appreciate the Hibernian package. :-)

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    You are very welcome! <3

And with that, I believe everyone has received stuff! Well done on being classy!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There might be one more thing on its way to me, I’ve been informed.

• Options
    Cheers for such an excellent job of organising this, RMS!

• Options
    I've now unstickied the thread, but obviously people are welcome to post late gifts, thanks, etc. The top of the forum was getting a little gummed up with stickies is all.

• Options
    @spool32 warned me, but I’d forgotten so this was a nice surprise today.

M2gs8SU.jpg

2wIHC49.jpg

They are v. nice, thanks! Looking forward to the next month’s.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Yay!!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    That is one bougie ass pair of socks