As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Zodiac Dead Thread] The Netherworld

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Clearly our Ninja has the brain worms.

Unknown User on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm sorry Buzz Buzz!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *sighs*

At least I got to use my power once. Seriously Lucari, what the hell? There's only two explanations I can think of as to why I died.

One, I was betrayed.

Or two, they killed me because of my comments about those calling for life3's death. Either because I was right, or because they wanted to make me look right.

[EDIT] Care to help me out here Zerinan? I'd really like to know... :(

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Honestly, I don't know. We have a vote thing set up for death, and because I was dying, and I had no thoughts on who to kill (No one seemed off or special to me) I decided not to vote. It was just decided, but for some reason, wasn't discussed. Sorry I can't help, but maybe I should have asked why they wanted to off those three. I'm too dead now to ask :P

Edit: I'm really sorry, I should have been a better bad guy, then maybe I would know.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Uf. Apparently, there's either lingering suspicions about me because of CoP (ego!), or I was acting like a good Stoner target.

You be the judge.

So, how's it going DA?

Oh, you know, seething in bitter impotent rage.

So, I just realized that night I died in CoP I'd submitted your name for death, Sab's must have changed it. That'd mean I'd have nailed both of those evil cultists. *sigh* Totally should have followed that plan I drew up.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DevoutlyApathetic. Man. I am serious, here.

We team up next phalla no matter what. Let's do it. Also, I got a zodiac on my first try. Yey!

Anthrax! Please. on
    edited May 2007
    DevoutlyApathetic. Man. I am serious, here.

We team up next phalla no matter what. Let's do it. Also, I got a zodiac on my first try. Yey!

We shall own the dead threads!

I'm certainly willing to collaborate. I know people do this but I haven't really tried it. I'd be willing to give it a go. Hopefully we'll be on the same team.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There are approximately...

*checks*

...two unused items still out there. One is passive, one is not.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    There are approximately...

*checks*

...two unused items still out there. One is passive, one is not.

I am glad to see my Phalla set precedent for some things.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    I used your Phalla as a basis for a lot of things, actually. Looked at your established rules in order to write my own, and your activity clause is even quoted.

I will say this, the Zodiac Braves haven't been very lucky. Much like the aliens in VtP, I guess. XD

Hylianbunny on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm gonna stab Plutonium if he ends up being a Brave. He kills me in Vampire Phalla, now he kills me here? Seriously, the guy should be more afraid of me, since he lives two or three doors down from me...at least for four more weeks. :)

Nah, I'm not really gonna stab him. But it certainly seems like he's out for my blood lately. Maybe he'll be able to shed some light on why he killed me this game once he joins us in here. Hope it wasn't "we're trying to make the people think that the Braves are new players from Space Phalla" again. :P

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Well, people can't blame anyone but themselves for what role they got. I went through and assigned each role to a particular sign-up number.

I must say, I'm pretty curious about what the families are doing.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Dying. At least mine.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Ok, Anaximander, why did you say to seer me? I just need to know! And now I'm going to be annoying all the deadies in here! MUWHAHAHA!

I said to seer you because it was you or Lignisse in my head. You were producing more 'off' vibes. People who don't second guess themselves and just rely on instinct are often more correct on things like tests. I decided to apply that here. So when I read through the thread I thought: Zerinian... off. So my death was worth something. Also, I got life3 through to day 2!

I'm naive though. Should have just used the PD and not said anything.

Anthrax! Please. on
    edited May 2007
    People who don't second guess themselves and just rely on instinct are often more correct on things like tests.

Ironically, second guessing is what resulted in one less Brave being dead today.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Aliens in VtP didn't get real unlucky until about halfway through.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    After this Phalla finishes, I'm going to be posting the "big reveal", complete with some looks at what might have happened and what hadn't. Some of the actions sent in to me by specials were pretty interesting.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Dying. At least mine.

As the newer guy I will totally just be on your team no matter what team you're on. That'll suck if I'm mafia next time or something. I mean, it'll suck for the mafia.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    This is the Johnsons all over again.

I don't know, the Largs haven't made bad decisions every chance they get in this one.

Also, you didn't get seered by Senor Fish the first night and contacted the second in this one.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Yes well, most of the Largian leaders are dead. Watch what happens when Tehspectre and Infidel turn out to be Goltana.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Oh, you know, seething in bitter impotent rage.

So, I just realized that night I died in CoP I'd submitted your name for death, Sab's must have changed it. That'd mean I'd have nailed both of those evil cultists. *sigh* Totally should have followed that plan I drew up.
    It's not a Phalla if bizarre, illogical bandwagons don't spring up!

Yup. I'm mighty thankful to Sab, by the way. :) What tipped you off to me?

Fuck if I know. I posted this on our board:
    I think Jdarksun is with THE GUY I NEVER KILL SOON ENOUGH and THE GUY I NEVER KILL SOON ENOUGH says he doesn't have another race with him.

The caps are that board's censor word for a certain person's name... I would have found it hilarious if we nabbed the cultist because he was working for the network. That would have been grand.
    I should have killed TehSpectre on the last night like I strongly considered. Would have been a much better ending.

I totally agree. Would have been glorious.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    Anaximander, I've got to know why you wanted me seered. It's eating away at me!

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize there was a second page of dead thread. But what do you mean when you say second guess myself? That is just how I am. I'm never confident in my first choise/thought, so I usually jump around. Bah, being yourself gets you killed in Phallas.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

If you did this I'd have a 5-person Larg(the family is 3-large right?) network on day 2 and the council would have trusted me to lead them to more zodiac kills(of which I am 90% sure I know of two more).

Now I'm dead and I fear FWD is placing his trust in a zodiac brave.

Hopefully, the goddamn ninjas will put down the stupid juice.

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
    edited May 2007
    life3 wrote: »

If you did this I'd have a 5-person Larg(the family is 3-large right?) network on day 2 and the council would have trusted me to lead them to more zodiac kills(of which I am 90% sure I know of two more).

Now I'm dead and I fear FWD is placing his trust in a zodiac brave.

Hopefully, the goddamn ninjas will put down the stupid juice.

Heh, I had considered doing something like FWD is doing (and Spectre did) on day 1. Happily for my side Infidel seems to have not totally screwed things up like your guys are doing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am still curious why the Larg knight did not protect life3, at least for that one night. Because if he was telling the truth, it was pretty obvious that he was the Larg oracle.

Locus on
    edited May 2007
    Tonight will be interesting, and produce a lot of "WTF"'s if people didn't read the rules post carefully enough.

also, holy shit there will be a lot of death.

I'm counting...eight newcomers to the thread or so.

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Woo! More people for me to bug. Plus death is good for a demon like me!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007
    One of us, one of us.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    Heh, I had considered doing something like FWD is doing (and Spectre did) on day 1. Happily for my side Infidel seems to have not totally screwed things up like your guys are doing.

You don't even know. Larg are actually in a very good position the way this day is going. If FWD takes my last words to him as urgently as I said them, depending on how the specials react to his plea, Goltana is almost doomed.

life3 on
    edited May 2007
    Uhuh. I don't think the ending of this is going to be anywhere near simplistic.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    I might also be entirely wrong, but I've been gambling since the start. One of the things I did has to work.

On an unrelated note, is there any good way to toast a pita? ((such that it has the texture of a gordita or perhaps a fixed shape toasted pita))

life3 on
    edited May 2007
    You shall all suffer now that I have my awesome avatar of doom!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize there was a second page of dead thread. But what do you mean when you say second guess myself? That is just how I am. I'm never confident in my first choise/thought, so I usually jump around. Bah, being yourself gets you killed in Phallas.

I didn't mean you. I meant I didn't second guess me. I just went with my gut reaction.

Anthrax! Please. on
    edited May 2007

I didn't mean you. I meant I didn't second guess me. I just went with my gut reaction.

May I question your gut a bit then? :P I'm dying to know why you decided to go for me. (Bad pun intended :P)

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007
    Really, reading through the threads, I saw your posts, and I thought: Special. That is all.

Anthrax! Please. on
    edited May 2007
    Damn, then I will forever been thought as a special. :P

Edit: Join us new dead dudes!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre – Larg Zodiac Brave (killed by ninja)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haha.

Golly gee, a shame nobody called out what he was doing, explained his plan in intricate detail and gave the masses a complete explanation of his motives. If such a thing had happened surely nobody would have been fooled....

Bloody Sheep.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited May 2007
    Come on dead Larg specials.... tell me why are you so nutless and awful?!?!?!

life3 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    People should've known it since both he and infidel were alive for so long. I kinda wish I could've lived, I was going to attempt to force everyone to show their hands today. Although I can get mor work done during the day now and concentrate on other things.

Fun game.

Yeah, Life3? This isn't a normal villager versus the bad guys game. Unless you were really 100% sure about coming out due to metagaming, you got yourself nice and killed since nobody could trust you this early. You took a risk, and it didn't work out. Goltana probably confirmed their knight and ninja on me on day 1 too, hence my attacker and defender. It's not surprising right now.

Ardor on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You Larg sons of bitches.

Locus on