As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Got a good guffaw over this.
    The Worst Songs of the 80s

PREMIUM LIVE SHOW

TOMORROW

58jnzeyfocgh.png

This is the worst timeline. How did we let this happen?!

It's the best!!!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Alex’s Death Stranding review is up.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    You'll never guess the score he gave it.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to a lot of great, exasperated "COME ON"s out of Jeff in that '80s music show.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Alex’s Death Stranding review is up.

oh man the last line of his review:
    At least now we know what the hell Death Stranding is: a disappointment.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, 2 stars feels right. Not terrible, does some neat stuff, but overall disappointing.

Stabbity_Style.png
    image.jpg

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb dropped the metacritic down to 83 since they're weighted
    WL9zeYN.jpg

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    People are already accusing Alex of giving the game a bad review for attention.

Also this "Worst 80s Song" gag probably ran its course a while ago, but sure, turn it into a video feature, why not.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    People are already accusing Alex of giving the game a bad review for attention.

Also this "Worst 80s Song" gag probably ran its course a while ago, but sure, turn it into a video feature, why not.

Lol yeah GB really builds their profit model off of driving traffic from reviews

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Re: Death Stranding.

Reading and hearing opinions about it, seems like I would probably like it. Take out all the story crap, and I feel like a endless game of post-apocalyptic DoorDash would be my bag.

Number One Tricky
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Ugh. What a bunch of children. FO4 sponsorship explains a lot though.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPBnDDtvQ8

It is... interesting seeing Dan so hyped at the beginning of this video.

Also, it is very funny that Kojima vision of future America is very very very clearly just Iceland

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PoochPooch Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Ugh. What a bunch of children. FO4 sponsorship explains a lot though.

Is that Andrea from What's Good Games? Didn't know she worked at Rooster Teeth.

• HadesHades Registered User regular
    No her name is Meg Turney. She also left Rooster teeth back in 2016.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    man what was the deal with those Ben takes on Overwatch? No single player? It just felt so...uh...passionate all of a sudden?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I was more miffed by Jeff insinuating UL is a racket, honestly. Hot takes are hot takes, but that's a pretty heavy-duty accusation to throw around, especially to an audience that might not know better.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    I only have 1 rule, everybody fights, nobody talks about hats.

I heard there was to be no further talk of pee and poop grenades too.

NNID: Rehab0
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    man what was the deal with those Ben takes on Overwatch? No single player? It just felt so...uh...passionate all of a sudden?

It was oddly passionate considering I don't think anyone who has been paying any attention to overwatch should have had an expectation for anything grander then what they showed

PSN SeGaTai
    SeGaTai wrote: »

It was oddly passionate considering I don't think anyone who has been paying any attention to overwatch should have had an expectation for anything grander then what they showed

Yeah at first I was like well that was a bit uninformed. But then all of a sudden he sounded like #1 Overwatch fan no one cares about the PvE.

I mean, on one hand, I think it's pretty cool that they go hey, unlike COD over there, you don't have to lose all your progress and keep playing the game you know and love. That actually sounds good! But then, hey Jeff has a point, this definitely seems more like how do we get more money out of the casuals that dropped out of the first game. And hey maybe you're right, if you only cared about MP, it doesn't look like there is much innovation besides push.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I think he was more confused by the form their new PvE is taking rather than the fact that its going to be PvE focused. Which i can understand.

steam_sig.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    god it is iceland

that's so weird.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Yeah at first I was like well that was a bit uninformed. But then all of a sudden he sounded like #1 Overwatch fan no one cares about the PvE.

I mean, on one hand, I think it's pretty cool that they go hey, unlike COD over there, you don't have to lose all your progress and keep playing the game you know and love. That actually sounds good! But then, hey Jeff has a point, this definitely seems more like how do we get more money out of the casuals that dropped out of the first game. And hey maybe you're right, if you only cared about MP, it doesn't look like there is much innovation besides push.

*looks to see what exactly Push is...*

...wait, did they just copy Tower Control from Splatoon?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

made sense to me, OW2 seems dumb and it made him annoyed. i dunno, what more is there to elaborate.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    isn't push just the other og payload mode from tf2?

i forget what they called it in that one but pretty sure that was a thing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited November 2019
    counterpoint: I don't think it's dumb :rotate:

man...the thing is with all the Hong Kong debacle I just feel bad explaining why I think on paper it's a good idea for me. I just found the whole segment very off compared to what the Blizz fanbase is saying but well, it's not the first time this happens.

edit: I mean what feels bad, and Jeff is right, pro LGBT speech is good as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line.

lionheart_m on
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I kind of surprised Team Fortress 2 never came up, but I guess it's been a while. Push is basically just the dual payload maps. And TF2 had their pve horde mode that came along later on. Which granted wasn't super story focused.
    Or Vermintide. There's probably a few other other more current multiplayer pve repeatable wave mission games around. Mostly Brad's right. Branding it Overwatch two is more of a marketing decision than anything else. And it will work better than just putting it out as an expansion pack or addon.

akajaybay wrote: »
    I kind of surprised Team Fortress 2 never came up, but I guess it's been a while. Push is basically just the dual payload maps. And TF2 had their pve horde mode that came along later on. Which granted wasn't super story focused.
    Or Vermintide. There's probably a few other other more current multiplayer pve repeatable wave mission games around. Mostly Brad's right. Branding it Overwatch two is more of a marketing decision than anything else. And it will work better than just putting it out as an expansion pack or addon.

I mean, that's basically what Overwatch has been from the start. An updated remake of TF2 with different classes and more of a focus on character abilities.

Stabbity_Style.png
    it came in so much as when jeff said "oh ya when they called something push I immediately knew what that mode was"

he knew about it because he has played a ton of older games, ala TF2

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Knight_ wrote: »
    isn't push just the other og payload mode from tf2?

i forget what they called it in that one but pretty sure that was a thing.

Payload Race? That has each team with it's own cart. From how I've been reading Push, it's a mode where both teams share a single cart instead which starts in the middle and pushes towards the enemy base. Like, we had PLR Dogbread back in the day, but that was more of a test of concept to see if it could actually work in the engine... and took a life of it's own due to the memes. I don't really remember any maps really running with the concept, but it's been a while.

Which is why I mentioned Tower Control, since it has the exact same tie-breaker for if the match goes to time. (Whatever team got it furthest.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Yay, Danny's endurance F1 stream begins.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Oh you’re right I forgot there was 2 payloads. It’s been a while heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    there were a few custom TF2 maps that tried to make the tug-of-war payload concept work but it never really took off

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited November 2019
    I’m trying to remember what the name of the really early one was, the one that was on the 5CP map and required the payload to cap. Might have to ask Crash to see if he knows.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    the one I mainly remember was a map that had like 5 different variations of it with different map types and one of them was a payload tug of war

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I envy the alternative dimension that gets to enjoy Death Scanloned.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    I don't think there's any way to make death stranding an enjoyable thing to watch someone play, no matter how handsome or cool they are

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.