As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Noooooooooooooooo! :(

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Also, meatballs shouldnt be greasy.

steam_sig.png
    Crippl3captainkGlalStabbity Style
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm glad Dan is doing well for himself, but I like his content and his idiot heel persona even less now that he's not "shielded" by other GB staffers. Just not my cup of tea.
    Yeah. I still enjoy some parts of his streams (like his recent Banjo Kazooie LP) but I have to mute it sometimes when he lets chat get carried away with the constant and extremely annoying sound effects.

This is part of the reason I don't enjoy watching a lot of people on Twitch. Last year...maybe the year before? I can't remember...anyway, I was watching Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy play through Dead Space, but I could only make it through an episode and a half. Constant donation sound effects and the two of them thanking people for buying a subscription. I get it that that is basically part of Twitch culture, but it's just not for me. Which is too bad, because I did enjoy watching them when it wasn't happening.

I guess this is part of the appeal of watching the GB guys for me.

I have a hard time with this. It’s like, I know I’m supposed to thank people who follow me or are being nice to me in the chat, but the main reason they do either of those things is because I’m playing well and I can’t do that AND respond to the notifications.

So I've adopted kind of a AGDQ approach to it where I'm essentially focused while playing the game, but down time, loading screens, waiting in the lobby, etc. is time to interact with chat and talk at people or discuss outside things.

Streaming is weird, but only having an audience of about six people at a time might be why I find it relaxing. If I depended on it for my income and wasn't doing it as a hobby I imagine my interactions would be different. I swear right here right now that I'll never have those "90 seconds of Mario screaming!" sound effects though. Good lord man.

cooljammer00SteevLFencingsaxZilla360The Deliverator
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm glad dan found a group of people willing to give him actual us dollars to play annoying sounds over his stream.

i'm also glad i literally never, ever, ever have to watch it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    cooljammer00NeurotikaZilla360WildaliThe DeliveratorBloodsheedFeloniousmozOmnomnomPancakeGnomeTank
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I will say that many of those who are playing sound effects during Dans streams at least tend to have a sense of timing for using those to maximum effect (whether trying to be funny in context or annoy Dan). Not nearly to the degree that Jeff does with his soundboard, which tends to be expertly done, but Jeff is also a media trained professional.

NNID: Rehab0
    KreutzWildaliThe Deliveratorhemmelight
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nothing will ever beat Vinny busting out a big "Yeeeeeeeeehaw" clip right Jeff Bakalar was talking abouthow much it sucks his kid wasn't going to get the birthday he wad hoping for.

SyphonBlueSteevLRehabMaddocKnight_Stabbity StyleCormacShadowfireZilla360AistanadmanbHouk the NamebringerGenji-GlovesGlalThe DeliveratorPenumbranever dieMichaelLCOlivaw
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I don't quite understand the humour of that moment tbh, but then I know for a fact that having to explain humour like this ruins it for people so I'm not going to ask

https://youtu.be/_dYVV65lZ04

6:46 into the video

SproutBahamutZEROZilla360Genji-GlovesThe DeliveratorOlivaw
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm glad Dan is doing well for himself, but I like his content and his idiot heel persona even less now that he's not "shielded" by other GB staffers. Just not my cup of tea.
    Yeah. I still enjoy some parts of his streams (like his recent Banjo Kazooie LP) but I have to mute it sometimes when he lets chat get carried away with the constant and extremely annoying sound effects.
    PEE PEE

https://youtu.be/58bRKatJjew

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    RehabAistanCrippl3agoajDiarmuidBRIAN BLESSEDSCREECH OF THE FARGDiannaoChongZilla360
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I regularly watch a few gaming and IRL streams with small enough viewers that they're constantly interacting with chat (anywhere from 10 to 200'ish). It makes them far more enjoyable to watch because it feels like the genuinely care more the interactions with their viewers. Not that the very successful streamers don't but with the small viewer counts it feels personal.

It's also been really fun to spend far too many hours watching IRL streamers based in Japan. Watching them almost feels like I'm back there walking the streets and checking out cool random stores.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Dark Raven X
    Wake the kids, phone the neighbors!

AistanBRIAN BLESSED
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    To be clear too, I don't begrudge or judge anyone who likes the kinds of Twitch streams I'm not into. I have fully embraced my status as old man shouting at clouds.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm afraid to ask, but did Dan actually win a house? Because Dan is the guy who would just win a house.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    My favorite (recent) Vinny moment is still him faceplanting on the beach in GTA.

webguy20Knight_SnicketysnickBRIAN BLESSEDPenumbraHardtargetHedgethornSyphonBluenever dieZilla360
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm afraid to ask, but did Dan actually win a house? Because Dan is the guy who would just win a house.

He bought a house.

Stabbity StyleZilla360
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The winning part is a joke yes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    My favorite (recent) Vinny moment is still him faceplanting on the beach in GTA.

You know the best parts are when Vinny cuts himself off mid-sentence with bewildered wheeze-laughing

SyphonBlueLeumasWhiteGoodKingJayIIIZilla360
    I really liked Vinny asking Dan question after question the first few times he was opening up the Funky Shop and reacting to his antics. Just trying to get him to prolong that dumb hosting bit, throw him off, and see how much thought he put into all the highly specific rules.

BRIAN BLESSEDZilla360
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Yeeesss finally somebody fell for my trap hehe

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    McMoogleStabbity StyleRhesus PositiveShadowfireBRIAN BLESSEDZilla360Genji-GlovesDark Raven X
    Yum Brands gifted it to him and Bonk. They thought that the only closed Taco Bell in the entire Northeast should have owners that would honor its service and speak well of its legacy.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Since Brad announced he was leaving GB, he decided as one last grand gesture to gift Dan a house.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Crippl3KreutzZilla360Genji-Gloves
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It's not that Dan won a house so much as he hasn't won a house yet.

McMoogleHardtargetZilla360
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Since Brad announced he was leaving GB, he decided as one last grand gesture to gift Dan a house.

a house full of brad's spare cocaine

BahamutZERO.gif
    Crippl3MaddocKreutzSnicketysnickcooljammer00never dieZilla360Genji-Gloves
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Yeeesss finally somebody fell for my trap hehe

You have to admit I'm not wrong, though.

HardtargetReynoldsMcMoogle
    I just finished last week's Beastcast and Vinny mentions that he won't be on this week's Beastcast. And apparently this is why!

Thanks everyone for reaching out and wishing me well. Starting to feel better actually, so hopefully back soon. Over the moon to have the surgery behind me as it was getting pretty dicey there and the risk of paralysis was scary as hell, obviously.

For the curious, and potential body horror ahead, I had a severely herniated disc in my neck that was pushing against and bruising my spinal cord. Turns out, that's why the left side of my body was going increasing numb and I would get intense shockwaves down my side when I moved

The horrible "shocks" are gone (as is the problematic disc, btw) and the numbness has lightened in some areas and hopefully, over time, it fades away even more as my spine heals. It's mostly just still in my fingertips. Again, extremely relieved.

GlalBahamutZEROKnight_SyphonBlueZilla360Genji-GlovesRehabRandomHajilehemmelightWildaliGONG-00LeumasWhiteStabbity StyleHonkThe Deliveratornever dieDark Raven XOlivaw
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    3 mins into this week's beastcast vinny makes as quick appearance to say hello

his voice is currently wild

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    AistanShadowfireZilla360Genji-Gloveswebguy20MichaelLCStabbity Stylecooljammer00ErlecThe Deliveratornever die
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I was unreasonably worried when Vinnie had to "step away" for a call on the hotspot - compounded with all the recent talk of MRIs. I'm so relieved to hear he was able to get some help for his neck/back and that it wasn't anything more serious.

Zilla360Stabbity Stylenever die
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Bodies suck.

ReynoldsDiannaoChongSyphonBlueShadowfireZilla360McMoogleAistanhemmelightSnicketysnickGONG-00Rhesus PositiveMichaelLCStabbity StyleErlecThe Deliveratornever diePenumbraOlivaw
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I had that same problem last year, my right arm was in constant pain for months and I was basically bound to a recliner in our living room. It sucked shit, could barely sleep, couldn't play any games, nothing.
    Had the surgery to fix it in September, though mine was much easier, was in and out same day. Though my right fingers are still often numb or asleep due to nerve damage, and I've got some serious back pain that wasn't really there before :(

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I was unreasonably worried when Vinnie had to "step away" for a call on the hotspot - compounded with all the recent talk of MRIs. I'm so relieved to hear he was able to get some help for his neck/back and that it wasn't anything more serious.

But him saying the call was from an insurance company makes it so much worse. Fuck health insurance companies.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    KreutzRhesus PositiveThe Deliveratornever die
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Whoa. Vinny sounded like he'd just taken a lungful of Sulfur hexafluoride and evolved into a late night NPR host. Relieved to hear that he's on the mend.

NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    As someone who blew a disk in my lower back last year, I can 100% relate. It's fucking scary to deal with a major back injury. When my back doctor told me that I needed to be vigilant about symptoms of my bladder being paralyzed, and that if I didn't go to the ER right away in that case I could lose total control over my bladder, that was an eye opening moment. Back stuff effects your entire body in ways you don't really understand until it happens to you. I lost feeling down parts of my left side as well and had to go through intensive physical therapy to be able to lift my left foot again correctly and not walk with a club foot. Back issues are the worst.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Anyone have a clip of vinny's voice? I'm at work and can't scan through the video right now.

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    DJ Jan just threw down the hottest mix of Jerry in the pre-stream. With jerry replaced with different audio cuts of Austin shouting “Vinny!”

Was a blessing.

SproutFeloniousmozcooljammer00AistanBRIAN BLESSEDnever die
    I had some free time and was curious, so I decided to try and pinpoint how long the average post-founder Giant Bomb employee sticks around for; and while doing that, I found this hilarious piece of misogynistic ​internet trash.

https://www.petitions.net/petition_for_giant_bomb_to_fire_patrick_klepek

Wonder how they felt about the subsequent hiring of Austin and later Abby :lol:

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Jesus. Vinny straight up sounding like Anthony Bourdain.

Zilla360
    I had some free time and was curious, so I decided to try and pinpoint how long the average post-founder Giant Bomb employee sticks around for; and while doing that, I found this hilarious piece of misogynistic ​internet trash.

https://www.petitions.net/petition_for_giant_bomb_to_fire_patrick_klepek

Wonder how they felt about the subsequent hiring of Austin and later Abby :lol:

Hopefully people like that have grown and seen the errors of their ways, but it's just as likely that they got heavily involved in GamerGate in 2014 too.

Rhesus PositiveEtheaZilla360ShadowfireStabbity StyleOlivaw
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, people who have had Vinny's type of surgery have said they sometimes have to move your insides to get to what they need, and that can lead to voice and throat stuff for a bit.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    But all the sitcoms I've watched told me that hernias are just wacky little boo-boos you get from trying to lift something too heavy.

Rhesus Positive
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also hearing Alex and the two Jeffs talk about what they've learned about themselves and how they've been feeling over the past year makes me realize the ennui I've been feeling isn't unique to me.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    never dieFeloniousmozZilla360DiannaoChongGnomeTankOlivaw
This discussion has been closed.