As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Geometry Wars coming to the Wii

124»

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I could see how Wii owners can get excited over this but as a 360 owner I played this to death like a year ago. And I mean to death.

Still, co-op sounds amazing. I just hope this news isnt closely followed by GW2 on the XBLA. I mean shit, Geometry wars sold half a million at least. A sequel would be a no brainer. Especially as BBR wasnt so hot, though I had fun with it.

The_Scarab on
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I could see how Wii owners can get excited over this but as a 360 owner I played this to death like a year ago. And I mean to death.

Still, co-op sounds amazing. I just hope this news isnt closely followed by GW2 on the XBLA. I mean shit, Geometry wars sold half a million at least. A sequel would be a no brainer. Especially as BBR wasnt so hot, though I had fun with it.
    I'd be shocked if we didn't see GW2 at E3. Shocked and appalled.

FreddyD on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »

I'd be shocked if we didn't see GW2 at E3. Shocked and appalled.

3 at this point, Retro Evolved is really GW2, as the first version(Which is also included in GWRE anyways) was playable at an arcade cabinet in the garage in Project Gotham Racing 2. But yeah, with PGR4 coming out in the fall, Id be really dissapointed if they didnt do a new GW alongside it with the newer particle effects engine.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is there going to be online on the Wii version.

I mean leadeboards, not online co-op or multiplay.

The_Scarab on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is there going to be online on the Wii version.

I mean leadeboards, not online co-op or multiplay.

Both the DS and Wii will have leaderboards according to the new preview on Gamespot that Tycho posted on the front page. Its sounding even better everytime I hear about it, I just hope that the game supports the Gamecube and/or Classic Controller on the Wii for those of us that want to play Dual Analog like GW was originally designed for.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    All the new modes on the Wii version sound really awesome, but I'm kind of wary about the controls. Dual analogue sticks are just perfect for it. Also I think it should be $20 or $30 or maybe $40, not $50. The DS version is totally bought though.

bruin on
  • TelemachusTelemachus uncomfy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Classic controller support is one of those things that just seems like a no-brainer. I'll be upset if it's not included. Kuju will know my upsetness. They will rue the day.

Telemachus on