As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Case of New York City v. Stantz, Spengler and Venkman (aka the [Ghostbusters])

123457»

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The problem with Eduardo his initial character trait is that he's lazy and doesn't like working. Which, for a character of mexican heritage, is a pretty shitty stereotype.

TankHammerMagic Pink
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The problem with Eduardo his initial character trait is that he's lazy and doesn't like working. Which, for a character of mexican heritage, is a pretty shitty stereotype.

Yeah, thankfully he seems to get better over time, and considering the rest of the characters are reasonably subversive I don't think that was intentionally problematic.

Kylie still deserves so much better. I would be in heaven if we got to see her character return more in line with how she's characterized in the IDW comics. I love her outfits and that she starts off managing the occult book store only to be pulled into Ghostbusters bullshit because she's trying to help her boss Ray out.

It was funny how one of the side comics reveals that Eduardo in that universe is just her slacker co-worker.

LBD_Nytetrayn
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Another cool thing about Extreme Ghostbusters is they ramp up the creepiness a lot compared to the Real Ghostbusters. Monster designs are way scarier (one episode basically has cenobites) and it feels like the stakes are a little more mature. I feel like they make potential death a concern a lot more frequently.

Also everyone hates the shit out of Slimer when he pulls his bullshit, instead of just Peter, so that's pretty great.

TankHammerDark Raven XMatev
    This fan-film has been in the making for years. I can't wait to finally see it!

Dark Raven X
    Seems like somebody finally started up that Real Ghostbusters rewatch podcast I was too unmotivated to start up.
    The Real Podbusters - https://anchor.fm/therealpodbusters

I haven't listened yet, they only have the first ep about the DIC promo video before the looks changed for the series. The good thing is that this is something I can fit in my rotation since it's not another 1-3hr/episode weekly podcast.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    8kdqpgx6565t.jpg

Found this at the grocery store! It's okay.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    XaquinCristovalTankHammershoeboxjeddyCarpyLBD_Nytetrayn
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I need that in my life! It looks particularly like Pac-Man cereal which is a dragon I've been chasing since the early 90's!

I've been looking out for that stuff since the leak. It's supposed to show up a Kroger at some point.

In response to the latest teaser featuring the marshmallow mini-pufts:

Librarian's ghostUndead ScottsmanMegaMan001JandaruMagic PinkRingo