Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

cookie [chat]

KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
edited November 9 in Debate and/or Discourse
This isn't actually cookie chat but I was thinking about cookies, so there

This is actually Dragon Force [chat]

w2z1xesf3cn7.png

The best Sega Saturn game ever made

It's a Strategy RPG that let's you choose one of 8 rulers to play where you try to save the world (by conquering everyone else). When you start your first save, you can't pick Goldark or Reinhart as they are a bit more of a difficult start due to everyone being against Goldark at the start and Reinhart being right smack in the middle of every other kingdom. So you have to beat the game once to unlock those two rulers.

When you pick a ruler, you get a little intro on what's going on and some story. You start off with your ruler, and 4 officer generals. Each general, including your ruler, starts off with a certain type of troop and a magic spell, and depending on the general an equipped item. In the non overmap part of the game, you can do actions such as talk to your generals, equip items, increase your general's troops via rewards you get for winning battles, try to win captured generals to your side, or search castles for items/generals.

Once you get to the overmap, you can deploy your generals into armies and have them attack other kingdoms. It's a free for all so everyone is fair game.

225rax6lm1lj.jpg

Once you encounter an enemy, you choose which general you want to fight with and the enemy chooses theirs. Biggest thing to look for when choosing a general is what type of troop the enemy general has and try to counter it with a type that is good against them. For example, Cavalry are good against Soldiers.

Once in battle you choose a formation for your troops. This allows them to either have better defense, offense or speed. You fight until one of the generals hp has been reduced to 0 or they retreat or time runs out and it's a draw.

l64lvppxid7a.png

As you fight in battles, you get experience and level up. As you level, you get your standard HP increases, strength, mp, etc. At certain levels, you also get an additional, more powerful spell. Each general is fairly unique in it's stats and spells. So as you get used to the game you know which ones are useful and which are trash that never see the battlefield.

Some spells are great against enemy generals. Some are good against enemy troops. There are even a few that revive your troops.

Now here are the rulers.

You've got Mikhail, the samurai ruler. You may have seen him before

y0n6e0ntyp6t.jpg

You've got Goldark, the "bad guy" that everyone hates

rkid7ijfxo01.jpg

you've got Teiris, the cute little elf queen that is a pain to choose as a character

a69wlb0lu6ag.jpg

You've got Wein, the whitebread of the group. He also sucks

xmqatsdhjru3.jpg

There's Reinhart, the child emperor who has awesome magic and is super smart

c7hz1jh6lr4m.jpg

There's Junon, who is a woman under that mask. Very badass.

saor3j8noz2z.jpg

Leon is a bruce lee wanabee.

6me90q9km07d.jpg

And then there's Gongos, a wild beastman

xved3scx3lgw.png

Each Ruler has a few generals under their command, and each general can control one of a few types of troops, each of which have strenghts and weakenesses against each other. They are cute and make funny little sounds when dying.

8w7jy37c5wfv.png

My time is going to run out and someone is gonna steal my chat, so I'll stop there...for now

Also, this is my first chat. Be kind <3

Kamiro on
JeanFeralspool32NecoRhesus PositivewanderingemnmnmeRchanenChanusKid PresentableSleepSummaryJudgmentArchzepherinHonkDuke 2.0CouscousRear Admiral ChococredeikiQuidMsAnthropyHahnsoo1Havelock2.0Kristmas KthulhuMrMisterZilla360mysticjuicerRavenhpltc24cptrugged

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    j9mbez2l1v6n.png

ikzpt6vtahzi.png
    knitdanRhesus PositivezepherinHahnsoo1jakobaggermysticjuicerApogee
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    For a bit I was a part of the Dragon Force speed run community on discord and tried my hand at speed running. But man, there is so much RNG involved and even the quickest games takes at least 4 hours. I sorta gave up as I didn't want to spend my time playing over and over and over especially when the guy who holds all the records is way faster and knowledgeable.

mysticjuicer
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    so we should call kamiro mikhail, got it

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
    Kamiro
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited November 9

@skippydumptruck is this janna you?

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    PowerpuppiesSurfpossumskippydumptruckcptrugged
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dragon Force rules

Kamirozepherinmysticjuicer
    And to think, I almost went to bed at page 100 cause I figured I wouldn't get picked for chat cause it's never happened.

Rchanen
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    I will always upvote Sega Saturn chat

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    KamiroSleepCouscousZilla360
  • NecoNeco Background Noise Registered User regular
    That game looks fun, buy it for me and also a sega Saturn please and thanks

MrMister
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The cookies are fabulous, btw. :) :)

KamiroVishNubA Kobold's KoboldRhesus PositiveTicaldfjamRchanenChanusskippydumptruckzepherinthatassemblyguyZilla360
    Neco wrote: »
    That game looks fun, buy it for me and also a sega Saturn please and thanks

If you have a PS2 I think you can buy it? But it’s in Japanese

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I played that game

I’m still not sure it’s good

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    Geth, kick VishNub from chat

VishNubHahnsoo1MrMister
    Like I come back to it periodically

I guess I’ve never actually beaten it

Maybe I should try that

I always pick jumps because she’s up in a corner so it’s easy to defend and harpies are OP

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    Kamiro
    Maybe?

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    More fun Dragon Force facts.

The Soldier and Samurai troops types have the exact same strengths and weaknesses EXCEPT that the Samurai is very good against Dragons. Which makes it the ONLY troop type they is very good against Dragons, which is very useful in the late game.

Mages and Archers are also almost exactly the same. They’re the only ranged troop but mages are very good against Zombies, so really there’s no need to ever use archers.

Jumps = junon

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    Kamiro
    Junon was my first ruler that I started off with. Harpies are pretty OP. Plus Sonic Blast <3

Right after I got this game a bit after it came out, I went to a computer and sports camp and the activity I signed up for was web page design. So the first web page I ever made was a Dragon Force site where I would scan in pages of the manual and make it part of my site.

Technically that was my first introduction to “programming” since I loved the camp and next time I went, I did a programming class.

mysticjuicerKristmas Kthulhu
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    Is Dragon Force a harem building game. Are there any tsundere generals.

The save file for this game was huge. You could only ever have one save going at a time using the Sega Saturn’s onboard memory card. I later got a memory expansion card that let me store more.

Sarksus wrote: »

There are a few tsundere generals. There are a few unique general to general interactions when they meet in battle. They get some special dialogue, some of which is tsundere.

Also, there is one general who will immediately desert your army if the army he is in encounters an enemy army that has a female general.

• knitdanknitdan Oh no Too much hornyRegistered User regular
    Do yourselves a favor and google “boondocks characters”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Kana
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    goddammit my google-fu is failing me over something tiny and insignificant

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
    Kamiro wrote: »

There are a few tsundere generals. There are a few unique general to general interactions when they meet in battle. They get some special dialogue, some of which is tsundere.

Also, there is one general who will immediately desert your army if the army he is in encounters an enemy army that has a female general.

Hell yeah, tsundere generals! Looks like a fun game, actually.

And why does he desert, does he fall in love with her, or does he hate interacting with women.

knitdan wrote: »

hahahaha

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

ok now what

In case they change it, here’s what shows up
    7p79pfq3vxza.jpeg

cB557Feralspool32HappylilElfA Kobold's KoboldemnmnmeTicaldfjamRchanenSummaryJudgmentSealRedTideHahnsoo1Havelock2.0IlpalaBrodyKristmas KthulhuZilla360
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 9
    In case they change it, here’s what shows up
    7p79pfq3vxza.jpeg

*Nods in Respect.*

Ticaldfjam on
    SarksusHappylilElfjungleroomx
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my favorite dragon force song is through the fire and the flames because it was on guitar hero

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    PowerpuppiesRhesus PositiveBrodymysticjuicer
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I started playing Metro Exodus and this game is gorgeous and detailed but there is so much dialog. 10 minutes of action, 15 minutes of talking, 10 minutes of action, 15 minutes of talking - the game suffers from the dreaded stop/start Kojima pacing. The game suffers from Kojimumps.

cB557
    man anakin was really an asshole for killing those younglings

spool32Brodymysticjuicer
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

"Those" younglings? Oh, you mean the Sand kids he mass murdered in Episode II don't count? You are racist against Sand People, Sarks!

emnmnme wrote: »

"Those" younglings? Oh, you mean the Sand kids he mass murdered in Episode II don't count? You are racist against Sand People, Sarks!

I mean he hates sand.

KanaBrody
    It’s coarse and irritating and gets everywhere

spool32TicaldfjamcB557emnmnmeRchanenshrykeBrody
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Tweet me a cookie

s586cu2r93hr.gif
    P10
    Despite my not being a programmer, I imagine cookies contain more than 140 characters worth of code

those poor younglings

• CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Also I’m a bit colicky and my fontanelle hasn’t closed up yet

ronyaBrodyMrMister
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular

They were armed, it was self defense

This discussion has been closed.