As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cookie [chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sarks only knows about physical onion newspapers cuz of us

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Just thought I’d mention that

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I just pulled an "ok boomer" on the gf's mom in a room full of olds and it was like dropping a grenade

God it was glorious

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kojima. Is. A. Hack. Writer.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Kojima. Is. A. Hack. Writer.

Ok boomer

• Options
    I’m experiencing physical pain realizing Fallout 4 was released four years ago today but I feel like probably it was two years ago at most.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Chapter 8 of death stranding and I'm loving the writing so far

except for the "hey we just told you this 30 seconds ago but we're gonna repeat it k? okay great"

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Just thought I’d mention that

I might have seen such things when visiting NYC.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I’m experiencing physical pain realizing Fallout 4 was released four years ago today but I feel like probably it was two years ago at most.

The Berlin Wall fell 30 years ago today. Seems like 15.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

except for the "hey we just told you this 30 seconds ago but we're gonna repeat it k? okay great"

i feel like that is because unlike a movie or book, people sometimes take long breaks?

• Options

"... Metal Gear?"

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

what's an onion newspaper

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i like my place's hot tub

it makes me forget crappy things

but then I have to get out

and the crappy things are still there

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

what's an onion newspaper

The Onion, the premier satirical news source, has/had physical newspapers made out of actual paper that you could retrieve from newspaper boxes sprinkled throughout the physical universe.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Oh, that reminds me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scfv1phAJcw

• Options

I’m talking about big events here who cares about a wall zzzzzzz

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Darth Streisand is getting some pretty negative reviews, especially in regards to parts of Kojima’s more problematic concerns.

Maybe this is the turning point?

All I know is apparently the game has a character named Die Hard Man.

This goes straight past dumb to hilariously on the nose and then past that all the way back to even dumber then you thought the first time.

I mean, one of the MGS games has a character named Hot Coldman.

Look, I never claimed Kojima started being bad at this only recently.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Kojima is good, actually. And a lot of women that have reviewed the game have given it really good reviews from what I hear!

Also my review having played like 25 hours so far is that this is very good and definitely something special. But some people are definitely gonna hate it. Something you gotta try for yourself, although if you hate kojima weirdness you're definitely gonna hate this. If you love kojima weirdness, you'll love what I've seen so far!

edit:

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

Fallout 4 was kept secret really well. I remember being totally blindsided when the announced it.

• Options

Communists, the true believers, convinced themselves they were okay with the idea of the Berlin Wall even though restricting citizens' freedoms so blatantly was counter to the Revolution. They did this by rationalizing that the barrier would stabilize the economy when the West could no longer poach/seduce/kidnap the talent from East Berlin. And it did work. The economy improved throughout the 1970s and East Germans in general enjoyed a higher standard of living compared to other Soviet countries.

However.

The economy got even better once the Wall fell.

• Options

Communists, the true believers, convinced themselves they were okay with the idea of the Berlin Wall even though restricting citizens' freedoms so blatantly was counter to the Revolution. They did this by rationalizing that the barrier would stabilize the economy when the West could no longer poach/seduce/kidnap the talent from East Berlin. And it did work. The economy improved throughout the 1970s and East Germans in general enjoyed a higher standard of living compared to other Soviet countries.

However.

Ok boomer?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

i feel like that is because unlike a movie or book, people sometimes take long breaks?

This was solved in the PS1 era with 'summary on loading screens'

This may be limited / onesided cultural exposure, but I feel like this is common in Japanese media. Characters repeating known information, flashbacks to emphasize a point...
    I wonder if there is a difference in storytelling standards...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Huh eventhubs says Echo Fox has been completely disbanded the team is no more

Who was in Echo Fox again? I don'r follow eSports much.

P much the only notable player still under contract with Echo Fox was Sonicfox

Their LoL team was disbanded after they lost their LCS franchise after Rick Fox left because one of their key investors is a racist and they would not buy him out

Basically the one guy was so toxic he managed to destroy the entire organization rather than cash out

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

However.

Ok boomer?

The Wall didn't go boom. I think it was dismantled with sledgehammers and crowbars, not explosives.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kojima is good, actually. And a lot of women that have reviewed the game have given it really good reviews from what I hear!

Also my review having played like 25 hours so far is that this is very good and definitely something special. But some people are definitely gonna hate it. Something you gotta try for yourself, although if you hate kojima weirdness you're definitely gonna hate this. If you love kojima weirdness, you'll love what I've seen so far!

edit:

This seems incredibly weird

aside from IGN and Giant Bomb all the major US outlets had women review it.

oh and Polygon but still

• Options

However.

Ok boomer?

The Wall didn't go boom. I think it was dismantled with sledgehammers and crowbars, not explosives.

God dammit I know, I bought a piece of the wall in a 7-eleven in Berlin

• Options
    GO DAMMIT

• Options
    GO DAMMIT

#freeEastBerlin Revolution before our times.

Qrfaa5v.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Just go around the wall, I go around walls daily.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Just go around the wall, I go around walls daily.

Lol just use a door bro

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

edit:

This seems incredibly weird

aside from IGN and Giant Bomb all the major US outlets had women review it.

oh and Polygon but still

When you've dealt with trauma you start to see triggers where they aren't. I haven't been in a dangerous place for over a decade but I still treat every single loud noise as either "I am going to be shot at" or "someone fell off the roof".

Every. Single. Goddamn. Time.

• Options
    Just jump over it bro

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Just jump over it bro

It wasn't until the mid 90s that it become widespread knowledge that yelling "Parkour" makes getting over walls trivial

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Just jump over it bro

Instead of Persuasion or 2-handed Melee, put all of your points in Swimming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CWajaOx4E

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Chanus wrote: »

I assumed at some point they would have to winnow down the list of pokemon.

Pokemon creep was getting out of hand.

shryke on
  • Options
    Luigi's Mansion 3 won't have any season passes or future DLC, right? Luigi's is a done, complete experience?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Luigi's Mansion 3 won't have any season passes or future DLC, right? Luigi's is a done, complete experience?
    Big Nintendo games tend to get DLC these days. Nintendo likes money, it turns out

dtcf236seaww.gif

I don't think a Nintendo game ever feels incomplete without the DLC tho

wandering on
This discussion has been closed.