As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rick & Morty] Justin Roiland Versus Season Seven (Oct. 15th 2023)

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    That was a mighty fine episode
    I knew once the coffee shop girl responded well it was gonna be a forget to save gag cause of course it was. (we've all done it in a game) The length of the gag was just right though and having Jerry cause it by accident was actually a pretty good subversion.

This episode felt similar to but different than the heist episode in that it didn't feel like the writers were soapboxing at us through Rick being shitty to Morty, but it told the joke in a better way (At least to me)

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    Most brutal and most favorite episode in a long while!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Rick totally
    Murdered himself and a Morty just to stick it to his Morty.

• Options
    Sanguinius666264Sanguinius666264 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    That was a solid episode. I've really liked the back end of this season so far.
    Getting stuck at the part where Morty gets maced and losing the love of his life was great

Sanguinius666264 on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Episode 4x08:
    Poor Morty basically had to endure the plot of the 1993 movie 'Alive'. All so that Rick, in all his infinite cruelty (he probably could have rescued Morty at any point, he just didn't want to), could prove a really dumb point about Morty's ideas for inventions.

Goddamn Rick. Goddamn. Perhaps Rick will have to erase Morty's memory again (another 'Mind-blower') of such a traumatic experience, otherwise it's hard to imagine anyone holding onto their sanity after that.

Also: Dialing a touch-screen phone with severe frostbite. Yeesh. :bigfrown:

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wow that episode was like just pure cruelty but also so good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fuck Rick is a monster.

I did laugh at "We all have vats"

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That episode is easily in my top 5. Maybe even top 3. It doesn’t have really far-reaching consequences like the love potion episode but I was losing my shit the whole time.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    My favorite part
    The vat reveal as the end point of Rick's plan.

Just so petty.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Goddamn of course Jerry ruins everything

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    My favorite part
    The vat reveal as the end point of Rick's plan.

Just so petty.

Kiss it.

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    This episode was so good I forgot what last weeks was even about.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I just watched this episode on iTunes while working and it was amazing, however the best part of it for me came from the commentary short that was also included in my season where you find out that...
    The entire plane crash sequence was not in the script. The episode came up 5 minutes short so Director Jacob Hair added it in all on his own just to fill time. He said in the commentary "They said 'Go nuts' and I had read that book Alive in middle school and I think it might have traumatized me."

• Options
    Most unrealistic part of the episode.
    That Morty wasn't save-scumming his relationship. I know I would have been saving like crazy after every date thatt went well.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    That Morty wasn't save-scumming his relationship. I know I would have been saving like crazy after every date thatt went well.

Eh, sure
    You do it after the first couple, but then you get in a groove and it's going well and what's saving you're acing this thing and then you get Alive'd and you lose the save spot and shit fuck fuck it's gonna be like 5 years before I try to beat this again to live down the dishonor and hubris I've committed.

.....everybody's done that, right?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    an Iron Man XCOM Morty run can be very be a very satisfying experience that cannot be replicated by save scumming.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I would imagine that's because the entire plane segment was inserted to extend the episodes run time and the original plan was to probably have Jerry fuck up Morty's perfect new relationship much sooner.

Viskod on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    It's because it was real love and he wanted it all, the good and the bad.

Then Jerry fucked it up.

• Options
    As Jerry is wont to do

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Just saw the episode... God Dammit Jerry, you fuckup.

Best joke of the season and so on point for Jerry... Fucking up big time without even know what he did or why.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

Best joke of the season and so on point for Jerry... Fucking up big time without even know what he did or why.
    Even worse is that for that Jerry, all he would know is that he pressed the button to violently dissolve his son.

• Options
    To be fair to Jerry, living in that house would be very stressful, never knowing why the things you’re doing cause horrible things to happen

But if you know that’s your life, with Rick leaving his fucked up inventions everywhere, you should probably be a little more careful about pushing random buttons

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Making it look like a pretty simple remote control doesn’t help. Especially since modern controllers (at least for my newer tv’s) have been going back from “a jillion functions” to “hey, let’s have, like, half a dozen buttons max.”

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Even worse is that for that Jerry, all he would know is that he pressed the button to violently dissolve his son.

got-DAMN

/noob-noob

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'd have liked to see a tiny bit of one of the other Ricks realizing that some Rick out there just built the save point for a Morty and getting pissed off that he just lost his Morty to some other Morty dicking around getting ice cream samples.

see317 on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So there was a follow up they just put on youtube.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So there was a follow up they just put on youtube.

This was the post-credits stinger. If you haven't been watching till after the credits on every episode, you've been missing some of the best stuff.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I'm gonna nitpick
    In the explanation, the Morty "going back in time" simply disappears in a flash of light. It is a Morty at the time that is gone back to that gets dissolved.

This also means that it's kind of a reverse Prestige. Hugh Jackman kills himself and lets a clone take his place. Morty kills clones and takes their places.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I'm gonna nitpick
    In the explanation, the Morty "going back in time" simply disappears in a flash of light. It is a Morty at the time that is gone back to that gets dissolved.

This also means that it's kind of a reverse Prestige. Hugh Jackman kills himself and lets a clone take his place. Morty kills clones and takes their places.

In that movie, both versions are real.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    I just watched this episode on iTunes while working and it was amazing, however the best part of it for me came from the commentary short that was also included in my season where you find out that...
    The entire plane crash sequence was not in the script. The episode came up 5 minutes short so Director Jacob Hair added it in all on his own just to fill time. He said in the commentary "They said 'Go nuts' and I had read that book Alive in middle school and I think it might have traumatized me."

That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. There was no B-plot this episode (Has that happened before), so when you take that scene out, there's not a lot that actually happens.

Or maybe the reason they came short is because they had a b-plot that got cut entirely?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Rick and Morty are both assholes, but it would be nice for Morty to genuinely like just pull one over on Rick. Still funny though.

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    Rick and Morty are both assholes, but it would be nice for Morty to genuinely like just pull one over on Rick. Still funny though.

He probably has, and got his memory of it erased.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

He probably has, and got his memory of it erased.

Goes to show that you can’t take things for granite.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The best bit was the
    macing loop. A cruel reminder of every time to quicksaved a game right before you got blown up

• Options
    The best bit was the
    macing loop. A cruel reminder of every time to quicksaved a game right before you got blown up
    The trick is to kill yourself with a grenade over and over, so that the game recognizes it as a bad save and reverts to the previous one.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I have never seen a game do what you're describing.

Bad
    saves
    , however, are why I always keep 3 rolling, just replacing the oldest when it's time.

Edit: which isn't to say it doesn't exist. Just that it would be some glorious magic if it were commonplace.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I’m honestly impressed by the show’s repeated needle drops of deep cuts from late-80s dad rock bands

It’s weirdly nostalgic while being completely aware about how awful it is

• Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I have never seen a game do what you're describing.

Bad
    saves
    , however, are why I always keep 3 rolling, just replacing the oldest when it's time.

Edit: which isn't to say it doesn't exist. Just that it would be some glorious magic if it were commonplace.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    A quicksave? What's the grandpa?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.