As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] thread: Back to your backlogs

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Is this the new @CorriganX ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Going to the beach for a few days, so in case my internet is too shitty...

this tweet reads:

GIFT PIXIE!

Lies and slander.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Groin-grabbingly good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm glad so many devs have grown up on Earthbound and its proven to actually have a huge influence on them in the modern era in stuff like Undertale and this.

That game was a big part of my childhood and it evokes just pure fun and feels. NOA may not care much but to the people who played it, it meant everything.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Verified rest of the Humble Bundle of December:
    • Regular Human Basketball
    • Sword Legacy Omen
    • Fluffy Horde
    • Chasm

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hand of Fate 2?!

Karoz on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Once past the obvious snickering at the title, my brain went to a cleaner joke/reference.

"TETSUOOOOO!"

• Options
    Touring Karts is having a promo where, if you download its demo and win 3 races in a row you get access to the full version:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1088950/Touring_Karts/

Also, Pokemon-like MMORPG 'Temtem' will Steam Early Access on January 2020:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/745920/Temtem/

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Don't do it, me. You're already in the middle of about 4 or 6 other RPGs that are a million hours long. Don't you fuckin do it..

*starts another RPG*

Fuck.

M8486oI.jpg
    That game deserved to do so much better, should have been Zeboyd's breakout moment.

Looking forward to Cthulhu saving Christmas.

I feel like Cosmic Star Heroine got way more press than the older games, but it might have been for the bugginess at launch. Wasn't it a game that Sony was promoting for something? I was under the impression it did well for them.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jazz wrote: »

Once past the obvious snickering at the title, my brain went to a cleaner joke/reference.

"TETSUOOOOO!"
    Yeah. Game is definitely going for that "something sinister is lurking under the surface" feeling. Finding weird stuff like catching a flesh colored tentacle crawling into the dog house as you leave home, a room with someone pounding on a door covered with police tape and locks, etc.

Takes place in a dream world where you play as a dreaming ten year old boy with an idyllic magical family that seems a lil too happy. Obviously leading to some fucked up stuff/revealed trauma down the line.

One of the interesting mechanics is that Jimmy can change form. Already can turn into a blob that can poison enemies, tank, go through small spaces and a goon who can shake people for funny responses.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Going to the beach for a few days, so in case my internet is too shitty...

this tweet reads:

GIFT PIXIE!

@Dirtyboy can tweet whatever he wants. Nobody listens to him anyway. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah okay I sat through Highway Blossoms.

Shut up. It’s dust in my eyes.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

Oh I loved this game so much! Such feels, so heart.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Oh I loved this game so much! Such feels, so heart.

The voice actors really sold it.

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Just wanted to give a shout out and thank you to @Jragghen who gifted me The Norwood Suite. I know I'm not really active in the threads anymore, so I really appreciate that ya'll still remember me and show such awesome generosity. Steam thread is legit one of the most wholesome spots on the internets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just wanted to give a shout out and thank you to Jragghen who gifted me The Norwood Suite. I know I'm not really active in the threads anymore, so I really appreciate that ya'll still remember me and show such awesome generosity. Steam thread is legit one of the most wholesome monster-infested spots on the internets.

FTFY

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    resvlyd83ep7.png

Yes. Ahem. As I was saying. Monster-infested, indeed.

Thanks @KoopahTroopah and @destroyah87 for demonstrating!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Hentai Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?
    Fa fa fa fa, fa fa fa fa fa fa better!

• Options
    ievd11x9acid.png

And @Spoit couldn't pass up a monsterfest!

Thanks! <3<3<3

The highlighting is intentional. I hope it bugs someone. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    @Jragghen jumped through a few Humble hoops to get me Overwatch.

Thank you very much! Always a classy one.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    So, uhhh
    I also really enjoyed another Wolfenstein! (TNO)
    scpii6qze6nq.jpg

I rarely 100% games these days, but TNO and TOB were pretty fun!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Hentai Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?
    Fa fa fa fa, fa fa fa fa fa fa better!

At this point we should just give her a the entire konichiwa games catalog

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Wut. (NSFW).

el_vicio wrote: »
    So, uhhh
    scpii6qze6nq.jpg

Not that you shouldn't play them, but just be warned that 100%ing Wolfenstein II is almost impossible, and 100%ing Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a tedious grind.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Wut. (NSFW).

el_vicio wrote: »
    So, uhhh
    scpii6qze6nq.jpg

Not that you shouldn't play them, but just be warned that 100%ing Wolfenstein II is almost impossible, and 100%ing Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a tedious grind.

Yeah, I did TNO and TOB because they were pretty doable while being fun. Haven't looked at what TNC demands, I certainly don't feel like I have to do it. Might take a break from Wolf to continue with Yakuza Kiwami

and if the demo is any indication, Dragon Quest Builders 2 will crash into my life pretty soon...

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Is there a way to view your library by achievement completion?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It's okay @Werewolf2000ad the game includes Festive Holiday Music

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I've been hitting Graveyard Keeper hard the last few days. It's enjoyable but a lot more complicated than Stardew Valley and the like. Since the bodies you inter or dispose of come one at a time via a delivery you don't directly control and said bodies will decay over time, the time squeeze that defines this style of game is even more pronounced. When the tech tree that has unlocks of crafted parts used to make more advanced workstations and placeable equipment is mixed in you have another layer of things you have to prioritize. Thankfully you don't deal with any time limit or even seasons.

It's a lot more quest driven than other games in the genre with a main quest to undertake. You don't raise disposition with npcs by talking with them and gifting them items regularly. That's done via quest instead and said quests usually involve producing some sort of item. As an example, right now I'm trying to produce gold quality burgers and beer to cater a witch burning because attendance isn't what it used to be this long after the last magical calamity. That means using fertilizer to try and improve onion and hops crops up from the lower quality levels and procuring some questionable meat from bodies that aren't worth burying. Some major npcs only show up on a specific day of the week too.

While there are crafted goods and a farming system you can make money from, the bulk of your focus is going to be the graveyard and the church it's attached to. Your graveyard quality is affected by the state of the bodies interred in it and the quality of the grave markers and other placeable items. Some bodies will need more preparation than others and there's a random element to the surgical removals you can do. Sometimes a body arrives or ends up beyond what you want to bury and is better off cremated (or just tossed in a river if you don't have the wood needed for a pyre). Sometimes one would make a good zombie worker to help automate some tasks. Once you have the early game quest to unlock the use of the church, you also become the prior there and hold a weekly sermon. The sermons will produce Faith resources, monetary donations, and sometimes buffs depending on the sermon. Donation amount is affected by graveyard quality and ends up as one of your major income sources. Sermon success depends on the quality of your church decorations. Faith is used in many things including creating new sermons (they're reusable but you want a variety), some quests, researching items for a mix of tech tree points and using some in alchemy, and making zombie workers.

There is a lot to juggle and I'm really glad the DLC that adds zombie workers after an early quest is included in the PC version. It took a while to set up the sites needed to automate stone and iron collection but even automating wood gathering earlier makes things a lot more manageable.

The game strikes me as a more gothy take on Rune Factory with less emphasis on the dungeon stuff and more on quests and I'd recommend it to anyone that is open to a more involved take on the genre.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    oh barf.

Thanks. I hate it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    oh barf.

Thanks. I hate it.

As do I but I also hope that he streams it after release so there can be a streamception going on.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Is there a way to view your library by achievement completion?

"% of achievements completed" should be an option under "sort by" on the main library, yes.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    oh barf.

Thanks. I hate it.

As do I but I also hope that he streams it after release so there can be a streamception going on.

Lol. This is my favorite take.

"Is it a talk show called Between Two Stalls?"

(he got temp banned earlier this year because his streaming camera team followed him into the men's room)

Mugsley on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    oh barf.

Thanks. I hate it.

Lol. This is my favorite take.

https://twit ter.com/Outrider45/status/1202990540876341250

"Is it a talk show called Between Two Stalls?"
    (he got temp banned earlier this year because his streaming camera team followed him into the men's room)

Yeah that is... hoo boy, that is something.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    That's the only reason I know of this guy. Which ticked me off since he should have had jail time since it is illegal to film people in a bathroom without their consent in California. But nobody pressed charges so he just got off with the Twitter ban.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Cannot install games and get distracted from your backlog if you do not go online.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Cannot install games and get distracted from your backlog if you do not go online.

That sounds like a challenge.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.