The good, the bad and [The Mandalorian] OPEN SPOILERS

1444546474850»

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    I find it quite refreshing.
    I find it refreshing for now, but I don't think I'd stay interested if that's what the series was for the next couple of years. Even with the template, you can tell more interesting stories. If, in the second or third season, we still get simplistic Star Wars knock-offs of Seven Samurai (it's the simplistic part that bothers me, not the knock-off part), I'm going to start looking for something else. For now, I'm okay with it, though.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    KarozFeloniousmoz
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It used to be, long long ago, that science fiction shows would devote their first couple of seasons to light one-off episodes in which audience, actors and writers all got to know the characters together, before launching into the Intense Serious Arcs. (Indeed, there are even whispers that in the Before Time, there were no arcs.)

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    SleepDonnictonBrodyHappylilElfPailryderMatevKetarBurnageShadowen
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Buck Rogers in the XXVth Century says hi.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 15
    Buck Rogers in the XXVth Century says DUN DUN DA, DUN DUN DUN DUN DA DUN DUN DUN!

Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    Shadowenvalhalla130TOGSolid
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It used to be, long long ago, that science fiction shows would devote their first couple of seasons to light one-off episodes in which audience, actors and writers all got to know the characters together, before launching into the Intense Serious Arcs. (Indeed, there are even whispers that in the Before Time, there were no arcs.)

It's funny, but is it going to get them off their smartphones?

225px-Executive_Gamma.png

Gnome-Interruptus
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Blah. I believe that you can tell better stories in light one-off episodes than The Mandalorian has done. It's a fun show, but its strengths lie elsewhere than in its stories, much of the time. Doesn't mean that the stories and writing couldn't be improved, because I definitely think they're more Saturday morning cartoon than they need to be.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • KarozKaroz Easy Breezy Registered User regular
    edited January 16

Hopefully up to snuff for 8-bit experts

Karoz on
    Commander ZoomSixGONG-00ThawmusMaximumjdarksunkimewebguy20LostNinjaPolaritieCapt Howdy
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular

"My four daughters watch this and obviously the world is like, 'It's the Baby Yoda show,' and I'm never jealous or have any problem with that, but I have to say, two of my daughters texted me and two of them [called] me: 'Papa, please don't hurt that baby. Don't hurt that baby.' And I said, 'I will squash that little big-eared bastard,'" Esposito told IGN

kimeObiFettJohnny ChopsockyBloodySlothLanlaornDoctor DetroitGONG-00Munkus BeaverKarozColanutJoolanderShadowenwebguy20LostNinjaSteelhawkGiantGeek2020Commander ZoomLinespider5knitdanHappylilElfmrpakujdarksunvalhalla130TychoCelchuuuMatevMancingtomHappy Little MachineRedTideSleepBrodyGnizmoMvrckCapt HowdyKetarKanaTOGSolidXantomasPreacherFoolOnTheHillHellerbooyEncani_game_bumJebus314Gnome-InterruptusCristovalpablo_priceThawmusmjn6172tyrannusDonnicton
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    He, like the rest of us, will squash Baby Yoda with hugs.

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
    Thawmus
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    reVerse wrote: »

"My four daughters watch this and obviously the world is like, 'It's the Baby Yoda show,' and I'm never jealous or have any problem with that, but I have to say, two of my daughters texted me and two of them [called] me: 'Papa, please don't hurt that baby. Don't hurt that baby.' And I said, 'I will squash that little big-eared bastard,'" Esposito told IGN

Thanks, I love it.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    ShadowenKarozHappylilElfTychoCelchuuuMatevkimeEncThawmus

SteelhawkPolaritieMancingtomShadowenBrodymrpakuMvrckQuidHappylilElfGiantGeek2020valhalla130NytewarriorTOGSolidXantomasFoolOnTheHillPailryderJoolanderani_game_bumThawmustyrannusDonnicton
  • SixSix Quite worryingly erotic Registered User regular
    edited January 19
    Mando not exhibiting proper trigger discipline.

2/10

Six on
    steamcommunity.com/id/thenumbersix/
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1335-2661-4136
    ShadowenQuidGiantGeek2020JoolanderKruite
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Mando not exhibiting proper trigger discipline.

2/10

If they aren't firing, that's as far as a Mando's finger gets from the trigger.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    PailryderDonnicton
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 19
    Karoz wrote: »

Time to find a download link for this bit of awesomeness.

Edit - Its on Amazon for $1.29. Tossing a coin to Samuel Kim!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    KarozSchadenfreude
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

What a delightful quote.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    ShadowenDizzy Dani_game_bumjakobaggerkime
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 22
    As expected, the final season of Clone Wars seems to be focused heavily on the Siege of Mandalore (Republic+Mandalorians against Maul+Mandalorians at the end of the Clone Wars, as in 'Order 66 happens in the middle of things' end). Probably worth catching even if you haven't seen the rest, since there's very little chance they don't take the opportunity to slip in something that is/will be relevant to The Mandalorian.

Kamar on
    GiantGeek2020