The good, the bad and [The Mandalorian] OPEN SPOILERS

15152545657

Posts

  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Damn I’m really excited for all the casting for season 2

    I hope the actual show is better than season 1

    Giggles_FunsworthshrykePreacherKarozCuddlyCuteKitten
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Either he's a small-town mean-ass sheriff on a backwater planet

    Or he's a mean-ass bounty hunter in the vibe of Cad Bane

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Xantomas
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Either he's a small-town mean-ass sheriff on a backwater planet

    Or he's a mean-ass bounty hunter in the vibe of Cad Bane

    Maybe he’s Thrawn? The age and build fits.

    Who the f knows

    Maybe he’s Dengar

  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Also Ep3 of the Mando gallery show is up, focusing on the actors.

    This is the funniest goddamn thing:
    The only day Pascal had to go to makeup was for the helmet-off scene. After leaving the makeup chair, he promptly walked into a piece of plywood and needed stitches in his nose. He shows up at the ER still in full-bloody shot-to-pieces Mando makeup and freaked out everyone at the hospital.

    Commander ZoomH3KnucklesKetarGiggles_FunsworthMvrckjdarksunKrieghundFiendishrabbitAl_watPailryderDonnictonElvenshaeShadowenJayrichoNightslyrKamarSleepthatassemblyguyshrykeObiFettBrodyTransporterDoctorArchwebguy20RedTideKarozkimejakobaggerGONG-00brynhrtmnZonugalhlprmnkyJoolanderQuidCouscousManetherenWolfMancingtomspool32MatevHappylilElfSanguinius666264DoodmannDevoutlyApatheticFryHavelock2.0Happy Little Machinechrono_travellerMr RayThe_InfidelForar
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Atomika wrote: »
    Also Ep3 of the Mando gallery show is up, focusing on the actors.

    This is the funniest goddamn thing:
    The only day Pascal had to go to makeup was for the helmet-off scene. After leaving the makeup chair, he promptly walked into a piece of plywood and needed stitches in his nose. He shows up at the ER still in full-bloody shot-to-pieces Mando makeup and freaked out everyone at the hospital.
    I picture this as him getting up out of his chair, doing a 180 turn and them BAM, right in the face.

    webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    ElvenshaeAtomikaCouscous
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Also Ep3 of the Mando gallery show is up, focusing on the actors.

    This is the funniest goddamn thing:
    The only day Pascal had to go to makeup was for the helmet-off scene. After leaving the makeup chair, he promptly walked into a piece of plywood and needed stitches in his nose. He shows up at the ER still in full-bloody shot-to-pieces Mando makeup and freaked out everyone at the hospital.
    I picture this as him getting up out of his chair, doing a 180 turn and them BAM, right in the face.
    And then stumbling into a succession of rakes.

    And some equally comical accident when they strap him into the gurney and load him on the ambulance.

    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    ElvenshaeGiggles_FunsworthkimeZonugalJayrichohlprmnkywebguy20Couscousspool32MatevSimpsoniaLostNinja
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    Atomika wrote: »
    Damn I’m really excited for all the casting for season 2

    I hope the actual show is better than season 1

    It feels between the profile of directors and some of the casting choices, they are using the show as a sort of trial run on some people, and I'm here for it as long as it doesn't hurt the quality of the show, but seeing as season 1 was similar and I thought solid, I say go for it.

    For my money I want Olyphant to play against what people expect and have him be a clean cut republic officer tasked tracking down what the fuck is going down with the mando and Darth Gus.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Elvenshae
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.

    PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam: Nightslyr 3DS: 1607-1682-2948
    Switch: SW-3515-0057-3813 FF XIV: Q'vehn Tia
    ObiFettDracomicronMvrckColanutElvenshaeMancingtomMatevPolarisBloodsheedMunkus BeaverHavelock2.0
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, I finally got to finish the series with Mr. Muzz, starting from episode 6. The ending was great, even though apparently there's a lot of things I may have missed due to not being familiar with EU (such as Gideon's weapon at the very end)

    I don't care if it's overdone....I will never stop laughing at an in-canon joke about Stormtrooper marksmanship. And although we felt horrible about it, we rewatched the stormtroopers chatting and punching Baby Yoda scene several times. The banality of evil was hilarious, and sorely lacking from the original movies.

    Also, while both of us recognized Clancy even though he was in thick makeup....neither of us recognized Carl Weathers. We are both ashamed.

    kime
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Turning the ATST into a monster movie was inspired!

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Steelhawkautono-wally, erotibot300ElvenshaeNightslyrBrodyspool32BloodySlothMatevShadowenLostNinjaKanaH3KnucklesSaraLunaPreacherMunkus BeaverHavelock2.0HadesMr Rayyossarian_livesForar
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Such a presentation has the side effect of just highlighting how terrifyingly effective Ewok combat engineering was during the Battle of Endor.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
    jdarksunKarozNightslyrShadowenH3KnucklesKlytusSanguinius666264
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.

    Do you have a link?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.

    Do you have a link?

    It's from a recent lecture:
    I love the lightsaber fight with Darth Maul. Not because it’s a lightsaber fight but because George is so good at crafting why that fight’s important...In Phantom Menace you’re watching these two Jedi in their prime fight this evil villain...What’s at stake is really how is Anakin going to turn out. Because Qui-Gon is different than the rest of the Jedi. You get that in the movie and Qui-Gon is fighting because he knows he’s the father that Anakin needs. Because Qui-Gon hasn’t given up on the fact the Jedi are supposed to actually care and love and that that’s not a bad thing. The rest of the Jedi are so detached and they’ve become so political that they’ve really lost their way and Yoda starts to see that in the second film. But Qui-Gon is ahead of them all. That’s why he’s not part of the Council. So he’s fighting for Anakin. That’s why it’s the “Duel of the Fates.” It’s the fate of this child. And depending on how this fight goes, Anakin’s life is going to be dramatically different.

    BrodyGiantGeek2020Zonugalspool32NightslyrMatevPolaritieMancingtomElvenshaeCommander ZoomsyndalisKetarShadowenAl_watkimeSleepDonnictonH3KnucklesDark Raven XSanguinius666264Giggles_FunsworthbrynhrtmnBloodsheedJoolanderDevoutlyApatheticHappy Little Machinehlprmnkyknitdanyossarian_lives
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize until a rewatch that the X-Wing pilots in the prison escape episode were directors Filoni, Famuyiwa, and Chow


    neat


    jdarksunGiantGeek2020spool32NightslyrVoodooVMatevPolaritieMancingtomElvenshaeShadowenAl_watKanaSleepH3KnucklesDark Raven XGiggles_FunsworthPreacherHavelock2.0Kruiteknitdan
  • PolarisPolaris I am powerless against the sky. Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.
    Filoni saved Star Wars for me with The Clone Wars. After watching the episode with this breakdown I finally let go of the hate and rewatched the prequels and enjoyed them, maybe for the first time.

    Filoni gets it, his passion and love for Star Wars is inspiring.

    NightslyrVoodooVDracomicronMancingtomElvenshaeCommander ZoomObiFettAl_watSleepH3KnucklesGiggles_FunsworthColanutbrynhrtmnHavelock2.0
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 18
    Polaris wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.
    Filoni saved Star Wars for me with The Clone Wars. After watching the episode with this breakdown I finally let go of the hate and rewatched the prequels and enjoyed them, maybe for the first time.

    Filoni gets it, his passion and love for Star Wars is inspiring.

    TCW makes the Prequels better. Specifically ROtS, but also Attack of the Clones because TCW fleshes out Anakin and the Jedi Council and Dooku/Grevious/Palpatine in ways that the movie just didn't.

    ObiFett on
    Commander ZoomSleepH3KnuckleshonovereVoodooV
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Polaris wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.
    Filoni saved Star Wars for me with The Clone Wars. After watching the episode with this breakdown I finally let go of the hate and rewatched the prequels and enjoyed them, maybe for the first time.

    Filoni gets it, his passion and love for Star Wars is inspiring.

    TCW makes the Prequels better. Specifically ROtS, but also Attack of the Clones because TCW fleshes out Anakin and the Jedi Council and Dooku/Grevious/Palpatine in ways that the movie just didn't.

    I used to think this, but now I think that the prequels are actually worse because of TCW, because the difference between the nuanced, complex characters in the cartoon whiplashes you when you get the George Lucas Special version characters in the movies.

    Quite honestly I had to turn RotS off in the first 20 minutes because Anakin WAS NOT the Anakin I knew from TCW. I could at least finish the movie before.

    TCW makes the STORY of the prequels better, but actively teases the watcher of what could have been with the films, had they Filoni-level writing, talent, and heart to them.

    Like I would watch an entire series about Padawan Gungi (with no subtitles) before I went back to those movies.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    GiantGeek2020AtomikaPailryderdavidsdurions
  • PolarisPolaris I am powerless against the sky. Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Polaris wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Filoni's breakdown of the Qui-Gon/Maul fight is exactly why he should be in charge. It's not because he's a perfect creator (he's not), rather it's because outside of George Lucas himself, no one else understands Star Wars - its history, its breadth, its themes - as well as he does. That's the guy you want guiding the entire endeavor and making sure that new content feels right and carries the same overall soul.
    Filoni saved Star Wars for me with The Clone Wars. After watching the episode with this breakdown I finally let go of the hate and rewatched the prequels and enjoyed them, maybe for the first time.

    Filoni gets it, his passion and love for Star Wars is inspiring.

    TCW makes the Prequels better. Specifically ROtS, but also Attack of the Clones because TCW fleshes out Anakin and the Jedi Council and Dooku/Grevious/Palpatine in ways that the movie just didn't.

    I used to think this, but now I think that the prequels are actually worse because of TCW, because the difference between the nuanced, complex characters in the cartoon whiplashes you when you get the George Lucas Special version characters in the movies.

    Quite honestly I had to turn RotS off in the first 20 minutes because Anakin WAS NOT the Anakin I knew from TCW. I could at least finish the movie before.

    TCW makes the STORY of the prequels better, but actively teases the watcher of what could have been with the films, had they Filoni-level writing, talent, and heart to them.

    Like I would watch an entire series about Padawan Gungi (with no subtitles) before I went back to those movies.
    I agree with all your points about TCW making the prequels better. However, I think the movie started with the Anakin we knew from TCW, even the very final arc. RotS turns him from that and into the villain because that's the story of RotS. Don't forget, his anger is with the same Jedi Council that just screwed over Asoka, and he just got reminded of that as he literally just saw her. Again, Filoni and TCW connecting the dots and amplifying the story beats. Of course, whether you buy the transition, or enjoy the movie at all, is opinions obviously.

    Back to Mano: There was a great point in the "Directors" episode that Favreau made about Waititi's episode that the action was funny without us laughing at the action (with accompanying clip of them speeding past stormtroopers and them ragdolling from blaster fire).

    I have great hope of a Filoni-Waititi Star Wars future, whatever that is.

    NightslyrPailryderElvenshaeMortal SkyBrodyGiantGeek2020
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok so IGN had spoilers on who Timothy Olyphant is playing and I'm so down...

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Donnicton
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok so IGN had spoilers on who Timothy Olyphant is playing and I'm so down...

    and?

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.ign.com/articles/the-mandalorian-season-2-justified-star-timothy-olyphant-cast-in-unknown-role

    Well I was going to leave it open like a kentucky window on a summers day...

    Vanth is a former slave who becomes sheriff of a Tatooine settlement called Freetown. Vanth acquires what appears to be Boba Fett's discarded, acid-worn armor from a group of Jawas, and it sounds like Olyphant will be wearing the iconic armor in The Mandalorian. Vanth is committed to protecting Freetown and its inhabitants from the various criminal organizations trying to fill the power vacuum after Jabba the Hutt's demise. Fun fact - one of those inhabitants is Jabba's former Rancor keeper Malakili.

    So Boba Givens

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    DracomicronDonnictonZonugalNightslyrXantomasjdarksunJohnny ChopsockyGiantGeek2020JayrichoH3KnucklesJoolanderShadowenGiggles_FunsworthKanaThe_InfidelknitdanMonwynyossarian_lives
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    I’m really interested to see what Filoni can do with Star Wars outside of his little pocket world of characters we never saw on-screen. Now that the Skywalker films are done, there’s no good reason to be penned in creatively, and this universe has needed expanding in a bad way. I can say with little reluctance I don’t need to see any stories set after EpIX for many years to come, and honestly I’m getting bored of stories about the Rebellion. It’s been done to death. Let’s go to the Old Republic. Let’s go to the Sith Empire. See the galaxy during something formative.

    Atomika on
    HybridNightslyrObiFettjdarksunkimeGiggles_Funsworthjimb213
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.ign.com/articles/the-mandalorian-season-2-justified-star-timothy-olyphant-cast-in-unknown-role

    Well I was going to leave it open like a kentucky window on a summers day...

    Vanth is a former slave who becomes sheriff of a Tatooine settlement called Freetown. Vanth acquires what appears to be Boba Fett's discarded, acid-worn armor from a group of Jawas, and it sounds like Olyphant will be wearing the iconic armor in The Mandalorian. Vanth is committed to protecting Freetown and its inhabitants from the various criminal organizations trying to fill the power vacuum after Jabba the Hutt's demise. Fun fact - one of those inhabitants is Jabba's former Rancor keeper Malakili.

    So Boba Givens

    That really doesn’t seem like much of a spoiler

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Years of being on this forum has taught me what I think is a spoiler versus what other people do is vastly different.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    ElvenshaeNightslyrPolaritieXantomasKamarMatevMortal SkyBrodyPailryderHadesMegaMan001H3KnucklesShadowenGiggles_FunsworthMr Rayspool32knitdan
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited May 19
    I, for one, appreciate people not spoiling casting. I'd like to just enjoy something I know I'm going to watch without knowing everything about it going in or expecting someone to show up in some particular way.

    Inquisitor77 on
    ElvenshaeColanutMortal SkyMvrckHappy Little MachineHappylilElfGiantGeek2020JoolanderKlytusmRahmani
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Years of being on this forum has taught me what I think is a spoiler versus what other people do is vastly different.

    Always safer to use the tags.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    ElvenshaeDizzy DDoctor DetroitkimeHappy Little MachineGiantGeek2020H3KnucklesJoolanderForar
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I’m really interested to see what Filoni can do with Star Wars outside of his little pocket world of characters we never saw on-screen. Now that the Skywalker films are done, there’s no good reason to be penned in creatively, and this universe has needed expanding in a bad way. I can say with little reluctance I don’t need to see any stories set after EpIX for many years to come, and honestly I’m getting bored of stories about the Rebellion. It’s been done to death. Let’s go to the Old Republic. Let’s go to the Sith Empire. See the galaxy during something formative.

    Has it?

    Honestly I suspect part of the reason for the direction the ST takes is that they wanted to recreate the dynamic of the original movies but ROTJ shut the door on that possibility like 35+ years ago and the EU has been doing all sorts of different things. Even the Old Republic stuff was more "Republic vs Empire: this time in the past so we can make our won canon" rather then "plucky rebellion vs massive empire" stories.

  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I’m really interested to see what Filoni can do with Star Wars outside of his little pocket world of characters we never saw on-screen. Now that the Skywalker films are done, there’s no good reason to be penned in creatively, and this universe has needed expanding in a bad way. I can say with little reluctance I don’t need to see any stories set after EpIX for many years to come, and honestly I’m getting bored of stories about the Rebellion. It’s been done to death. Let’s go to the Old Republic. Let’s go to the Sith Empire. See the galaxy during something formative.

    Has it?

    Honestly I suspect part of the reason for the direction the ST takes is that they wanted to recreate the dynamic of the original movies but ROTJ shut the door on that possibility like 35+ years ago and the EU has been doing all sorts of different things. Even the Old Republic stuff was more "Republic vs Empire: this time in the past so we can make our won canon" rather then "plucky rebellion vs massive empire" stories.

    Which was a mistake, IMO. There has to be something besides "wandering off into politics and George's bad attempts at writing romance" and "slavishly recreating the past but with Even! More! FANSERVICE!"

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    Mr Ray
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I’m really interested to see what Filoni can do with Star Wars outside of his little pocket world of characters we never saw on-screen. Now that the Skywalker films are done, there’s no good reason to be penned in creatively, and this universe has needed expanding in a bad way. I can say with little reluctance I don’t need to see any stories set after EpIX for many years to come, and honestly I’m getting bored of stories about the Rebellion. It’s been done to death. Let’s go to the Old Republic. Let’s go to the Sith Empire. See the galaxy during something formative.

    Has it?

    Honestly I suspect part of the reason for the direction the ST takes is that they wanted to recreate the dynamic of the original movies but ROTJ shut the door on that possibility like 35+ years ago and the EU has been doing all sorts of different things. Even the Old Republic stuff was more "Republic vs Empire: this time in the past so we can make our won canon" rather then "plucky rebellion vs massive empire" stories.

    Which was a mistake, IMO. There has to be something besides "wandering off into politics and George's bad attempts at writing romance" and "slavishly recreating the past but with Even! More! FANSERVICE!"
    Well, we have "George's idea, but better" (Clone Wars), "George's idea, but with new characters" (Rebels, Madalorian), and "JJ's idea, but with new characters".

    OK, they can't all be winners.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Can we just talk about the mando in here? Like we have an entire thread of hot taeks in the other star wars thread.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    physi_marcHavelock2.0ElvenshaeInquisitor77Tomantalwt1973jdarksunBloodySlothZonugalJohnny ChopsockyGiantGeek2020H3KnucklesSteelhawkDizzy DGiggles_FunsworthMatevLanlaornhonovere
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    As previously stated, I'm down for whatever Rian wants to do, as long as he's not messing with existing characters and taking up a Numbered Movie slot to do it.
    (Though the latter mattered more to me before I ended up writing off the entire ST. :( )

    EDIT: Oh, right, lost track of where we were. Sorry.

    Commander Zoom on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    edited May 19
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

    Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

    Havelock2.0 on
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Elvenshaehonovere
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

    Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

    Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.

  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

    Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

    Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.
    Midichlorians?

  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

    Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

    Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.
    Midichlorians?

    The clone army, midichlorians, and Jar Jar are probably his three worst ideas. Followed by Padme dying of a broken heart.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 19
    I disagree about the Clones mostly because it led to Order 66 pretty perfectly. And Order 66 is the best part of the Prequels. Also, TCW has made them great. It was a decent enough idea that it gave legs to other great ideas.

    Midichlorians were bad. Jar Jar was just annoying. He didn't matter much past Ep 1. Ugh, the broken heart death was stupid.

    ObiFett on
    H3KnucklesSteelhawkSimpsoniaNightslyrkimeKanahonovere
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I disagree about the Clones mostly because it led to Order 66 pretty perfectly. And Order 66 is the best part of the Prequels. Also, TCW has made them great. It was a decent enough idea that it gave legs to other great ideas.

    Midichlorians were bad. Jar Jar was just annoying. He didn't matter much past Ep 1. Ugh, the broken heart death was stupid.

    Order 66 is also terrible. There’s virtually nothing redeeming about any of the prequels except MacGregor’s performance.

    ElvenshaeshrykeKetar
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Clones are awesome. The origins of the clone army are fucking weird, and a giant plot hole, but once you get past that, you have a whole army of great characters (who you see get killed constantly). Like, I did not give a shit about most of the Jedi, but if Fives, Jesse, or Rex are around, it's already one of my favorite episodes.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    ObiFettVoodooVGiantGeek2020PailryderSteelhawkGiggles_FunsworthGONG-00NightslyrkimeKana
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

    Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

    Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.
    Midichlorians?

    The clone army, midichlorians, and Jar Jar are probably his three worst ideas. Followed by Padme dying of a broken heart.

    I think I'd put the broken heart first on that list of bad ideas.
    I mean, "throttled to death by pissed off, jealous, space wizard" is right there.

    The Clone Army I think was a good idea, but terribly terribly implemented in the movies. At least the animated TCW series gave them some personality, made them feel human. Had someone questioning if it was a great idea to make use of this convenient army of war slaves and to consider the cost to the humanity of the Republic of doing so.
    Jar Jar could have been a good character if they lost most of the goofy antics and either pulled way back on the accent or gave him an alien voice. Could have been the Chewie of the series as strong alien muscle, or the newbie who needed plot relevant details spelled out for them (IE "...flying through hyperspace aint like dusting crops back home..." in ANH). But, again, terribly implemented.

    But midichlorians and broken heart... I can't see even that tiny glimmer of a potentially good idea hiding deep within the poor direction and over reliance on special effects.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    AtomikaObiFettCommander ZoomH3KnucklesAistanKetarGiggles_FunsworthGONG-00Nightslyrkime
  • AtomikaAtomika Gold-star Onanist Registered User regular
    I think it’s a real failing that after 11 movies and umpteen TV shows in the GFFA, we don’t have any real understanding of the cultures or morality at conflict beyond “Empire BAD!” There’s legitimately fucked up shit going on all day that goes unremarked upon, and nobody seems to have a mission statement past a childish dichotomy of good and evil. The Clone Army is just the biggest manifestation of that problem, and the ineptitude of the Jedi is right behind.

    As the gang might say, “What are the rules?”


    see317Polaritiekime
Sign In or Register to comment.