As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    National games are good. Sf at Bal is a game of the year potentially. Pit and Cle might murder each other. Oak and KC is almost for the division

And NE at Hou is solid

The question is whether or not New England will be healthy enough to play effectively. They had pretty much half the team on the IR report due to some illness sweeping through the locker room, including eight defensive starters. Even if they’re all healthy come game time, practice this week has been severely limited.

On the other hand, Houston is coached by BoB.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Y'all are dumb, Harbaugh is going nowhere.

Who would want to stay in that frozen hellhole? He's just rebuilding his brand and then he's going to scoot.

I'm surprised Harbaugh hasn't been run out of Michigan. He's lost every game against Ohio state and badly at that.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Who would want to stay in that frozen hellhole? He's just rebuilding his brand and then he's going to scoot.

I'm surprised Harbaugh hasn't been run out of Michigan. He's lost every game against Ohio state and badly at that.

3/5. His best team beat them but the refs couldn't spot a ball accurately.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

His record against top 10 teams can't help.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Harbaugh’s brand is “almost Bo Schembechler” though. I think he’s either coach at Michigan or coach of Jack Shit University.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    NE just might not be all that good, propped up by a great secondary playing bad teams so far. But they’ll almost always be better coached than the other team, sometimes by a lot, and that will make the difference. I don’t think they’re actually better than Dallas talent-wise, but nor do I think Dallas was ever really in danger of winning that game.

Half the team could have hoof and mouth disease and I still think they’ll beat the Bill O’Briens. I’m really looking forward to the playoffs because They’ll have a hard time getting past Baltimore and maybe even a full-strength KC.

This is a great weekend for football.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I don’t think Andy Reid has ever fared well vs the Belichick...

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Does any HC have a good record vs Belichick? Dude is the winningest active coach and it’s not even that close IIRC.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Harbaugh is 2-2 vs Belichick in the playoffs

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Does any HC have a good record vs Belichick? Dude is the winningest active coach and it’s not even that close IIRC.

Pete Carroll is 2-1 against him! :P

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

You can't run with those results. They're slanted.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

You can't run with those results. They're slanted.

-.-

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    *Checks picks for the week*

Any time I bet against a basement dweller and a nine point spread I get my teeth kicked in.

The Jets losing to Cincinnati is of course kind of pathetic, but the Jets are bad anyway so it's not a huge shock.

The Eagles blowing their chance to tie for the division but losing to fucking Miami instead?

*Mwah* What a dumpster fire the NFC East is.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I thought Philly was good? How is Miami winning? Cinci is going to win a game, we were closer to that draft pick

• Options
    Philadelphia is not 'good'. They're just better than two teams.

Dallas is trying out kickers because that has been their problem.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Teams just laying turds.

Jets give Bengals a win. Eagles about to give Dolphins a win. And most disappointingly, Panthers giving Washington a win. Which I could accept, but they also gave Peterson a TD, and that pisses me off.

Because fuck that child-beater. He's only playing to surpass his hero's record. And I think it'd be a travesty if Walter Payton has his record passed by that unapologetic prick.

• Options
    Giants now undisputed owners of second pick in draft, second time in three years. Here's hoping they can get to number one.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Detroit and Cleveland are popping champagne today. Bengals win

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Champagne is far too classy for those teams.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Well I thought the Eagles would use today to right the ship, and I had some some hope that if they did that, they might have been able to convince me that they could do some damage in the playoffs.

After today, I have no such hope. :bigfrown:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Well I thought the Eagles would use today to right the ship, and I had some some hope that if they did that, they might have been able to convince me that they could do some damage in the playoffs.

Any given Sunday and all that, but any team that's 5-6 in this NFC East either had horrifying injury luck or is a trash heap.

And baby, all I see is Junkions under center in that division.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

The joke is traditionally PBR, no?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Still too classy. Both those teams are at Natty Light or Steel Reserve levels.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

How about Miller High Life?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Texans LBs came dressed as SWAT officers. No way this backfires.
    I liked the letterman jackets better.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Ever since the Washington football team inexplicably dissolved as a business entity back in the 90s, I'm bandwagoning all black QB teams (I'm claiming all mixed QBs too) and I'm super fucking pumped the Ravens won today. Ugly game but dang, the 49ers are a legit team and it could've gone either way. Both teams were excellently coached and that definitely seems like the SB preview (I agree that the pats just don't have the same dangerousness as years past, although in the playoffs what really matters is coaching so yeah)

I just want Lamar Jackson to play for another 20 years.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Backfires how? They get arrested for impersonating police officers?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular

How about Miller High Life?

Beer:30 Light.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Backfires how? They get arrested for impersonating police officers?

Don't be silly. They wouldn't get arrested.

They'd be shot.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Chiefs sideline and fans right now

NSFW language
    Seriously that blocked extra point run back was the biggest middle finger I've seen in awhile

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

Any given Sunday and all that, but any team that's 5-6 in this NFC East either had horrifying injury luck or is a trash heap.

And baby, all I see is Junkions under center in that division.

5-7 :cry:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, the Chargers found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of not-defeat. Magical.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    First, maybe. The division is trash but Philadelphia has a far, far easier path to first place. And only one team is making it out of the NFCE.

lol

Bobble on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Holy shit, the Chargers found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of not-defeat. Magical.

I imagine all 6 of their fans are really upset about it now.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    First, maybe. The division is trash but Philadelphia has a far, far easier path to first place. And only one team is making it out of the NFCE.

lol

It was the dolphins! Even our fans wanted us to lose!

• Options
    I take back all of my skepticism of the Eagles turdliness

They are turds to the max

• Options
    The Browns only have 1 more win than the Jets and 2 more than the Dolphins btw

• Options

lol

Miami and four NFCE games, three against WAS and NYG will always be considered an easy five games.

Not winnable. Just easy. Philadelphia could fuck up a single player game of musical chairs. Hence why the most amusing outcome for division champ is 7-9. And every fan of an NFCE team knew that was entirely achievable.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

lol

At least people can quit saying the players were tanking. Those poor sods have pride and play like it every game. Make all the Fitzmagic jokes you want, homeboy tries, and that's what matters. He's earning that retirement check.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options

lol

Miami and four NFCE games, three against WAS and NYG will always be considered an easy five games.

Not winnable. Just easy. Philadelphia could fuck up a single player game of musical chairs. Hence why the most amusing outcome for division champ is 7-9. And every fan of an NFCE team knew that was entirely achievable.

I mean, they're all against other NFC East teams, so I'd argue that they're eminently winnable, just the Eagles haven't put together a complete game all year. The D today just decided to take a rest after the monumental efforts the past couple weeks to keep the games competitive, and today is what happens when they do.

This discussion has been closed.