As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So you're saying he's due!

I mean, I was real disappointed they didn't stink in 2017, and lose 13.

Cause at the time, his full seasons as coach were 8-8, 8-8, 8-8, 12-4, 4-12, 13-3.

If he'd gone 3-13, it would have been awesome.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    NFL admits the refs tripped up on calls in the Dallas/New England game.

In other news, Kaep is the reason that ratings are down and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Seattle is a 8-8 team that has had every break fall their way.

This is the best argument for Wilson for MVP. After last night, it’s Lamar’s to lose, but Wilson has taken a team basically as good as the Titans and make them serious contenders. I don’t think they’ve had every break—they’ve had some shit penalty luck—but they’ve won games that they probably shouldn’t have. Every game save maybe one has been super close, and they got beat by two really good teams.
    That said, I think Seattle’s talent level is better than they’ve played. I like Pete Carroll, but the defense in particular has been terrible. Putting three linebackers out there almost constantly and having Kendricks or Wright or Wagner covering the likes of Julio Jones is just nonsense. Getting Diggs has helped and I’d like to see them start putting Ugo Amadi out there more often and showing nickel way more than they have.
    Lots has gone right this year for Seattle and I’m totally cool with having a nonsense season where Wilson plays out of his mind and takes a good team with weird coaching further than it has any right to go.
    SF is a better team, but we still have a game (at home) to play and they have as tough a schedule as we do. The difference is that they keep wrecking teams that we beat by a fart. Cannot wait for SF@BAL since I think that will tell us a lot about the state of the league.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I am a loud ignorant ass. Just getting that out of the way.

Seattle will get GB in round 1 and lose (Minnesota will get to demolish the NFCE winner)
    Minnesota beats SF, NO beats GB
    NO beats Minnesota as revenge for the Minnesota Miracle

Patriots beat NO and both Brees and Brady retire

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Minesota beats the niners? Man what kind of drugs are you on?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Niners are frauds

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Also, loud ignorant ass

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I'm just saying Kirk Cousins winning a play off game against the niners is less likely than Baker Mayfield winning the MVP.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm just saying Kirk Cousins winning a play off game against the niners is less likely than Baker Mayfield winning the MVP.

I’m hardly sold on cousins but I they go up and Jimmy G has to play from behind then they have a chance.

• Options
    Six wrote: »

I’m hardly sold on cousins but I they go up and Jimmy G has to play from behind then they have a chance.

I feel you guys haven't watched viking games this year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have not

• Options

I have. I don’t think either qb can be trusted and saying SF would definitely beat Minnesota is a stretch.

• Options
    I take it back, I did watch the game that resulted in Cousins apologizing for being ass

I think they’ve been good since then?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I think they've been average in a bad division.

• Options
    I mean

I live 90 minutes from both Cleveland and Cincy, 2 hours from Shitsburgh and 4 from Detroit

What kind of quality NFL games do you think I get to watch?

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The Ravens are good enough that as a Patriots fan I want nothing to do with them. I would be very worried even in Foxboro in January and there isn't another team like that right now. I'd love for KC to knock them out in the Division round. We could still lose an AFCCG against KC in Foxboro, but I'd be surprised about it.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I've watched all of them in.

The defense is good and the offense is a crapshoot. So basically they're the par for the course Vikings.

I can see them taking down the 49ers if the Vikings offense actually shows up because the 49ers haven't exactly had an arduous schedule this year. I'm really curious to see how the Ravens game goes because I have a feeling it's going to expose some things.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Regarding Jason Garrett: the most savage take on him I saw this week was that he has two career playoff wins, and the coach he was up against considers two playoff wins a lost season.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Jason Garrett is about a Chargers/Titans tier coach

Completely irrelevant

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Arena football is dead. Sad.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

It died so the xfl could... hahahaha no I can't make this joke.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A guy who couldn't keep the starting job on some garbage Purdue teams.

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Perfect! Lets start him the rest of the season. We have work to do if we want to out tank the Giants and Washington for Chase Young.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Perfect! Lets start him the rest of the season. We have work to do if we want to out tank the Giants and Washington for Chase Young.

We are assuming the Bengals will not take the local kid because they need a new QB?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

As someone who's never been to an arena football game, I'm not terribly surprised.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

We are assuming the Bengals will not take the local kid because they need a new QB?

Joe Burrow is more local to Cincy than Young

I’m not sure he’s actually any good though

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Blough should retire right now. It can only go downhill after that throw

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    I hate grey uniforms.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Joe Burrow is more local to Cincy than Young

I’m not sure he’s actually any good though

Tua and Herbert still in the conversation as well.

History tells us if a team needs a QB they’ll take him over a generational talent (See Murray over Bosa).

Of course the Lions are screwing this up by winning.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Mitch Nabisco sucks.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    This will be incomplete, which gives the bears another chance to lose this with soft coverage

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    A true lions QB

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    What's better than the Bills just wrecking the Cowboys in the last couple minutes of the first half?

The cameraman cutting to Jerry Jones just after the Singletary catch.

I wonder if there's a non-zero chance that Garrett doesn't come out after half-time.

• Options
    Let's be fair. Garrett is the king of second half adjustments.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    MorganV wrote: »
    What's better than the Bills just wrecking the Cowboys in the last couple minutes of the first half?

The cameraman cutting to Jerry Jones just after the Singletary catch.

I wonder if there's a non-zero chance that Garrett doesn't come out after half-time.

Jerrah's rage, will sustain us all this Thanksgiving, if the Bills cap it off with a win.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    That play to get in 'range' is the give-up slide of plays.

Which is what you get with an ex-QB head coach.

How in the actual fuck did Dallas have a pre-game chance to win at 79%?

Eight and eight!

• Options
    Great run by Prescott. Shitty flag by the refs.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    That unnecessary roughness call was totally unnecessary. What a joke

This discussion has been closed.