As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Well that trial is gonna be harder now, cause of the giggling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6XaW5TeD0

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I legit went and made beef tacos last weekend because of hearing that damn Ruby Weapon song so much grinding for my weapon.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Rank 6 Qitari Beast Tribe Spoilers
    When a character raised the possibility of Namazu still living in the deep underground water veins, I wanted the Warrior of Light to immediately interject with "Stop the digging! Close the tunnels!"

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    What the fuck

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    * Do not shoot Gyoshin

immediately shoots Gyoshin

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Lars wrote: »
    Rank 6 Qitari Beast Tribe Spoilers
    When a character raised the possibility of Namazu still living in the deep underground water veins, I wanted the Warrior of Light to immediately interject with "Stop the digging! Close the tunnels!"
    I ended up going with the kid's interpretation for the actual choice. So far I haven't seen any evidence that there was a lot of abuse of the beast tribes like there is in Eorzea, so I'd prefer to think things are a little better here aside from the few aggressive splinter elements like the not-Sahagin.

That being said though, the Viis absolutely 100% hunted the Qitari and I made history reflect that; those bunnies are ruthless. (it was literally the first thing that was happening when you met the Qitari!)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    love to absolutely destroy ratman history

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Woo, finally cleared Ruby EX, via a Japanese-speaking Party Finder pick-up group. And gotta go do that potentially nine more times.

If the box drops the paladin weapon, does it also drop the paladin shield at the same time? I mean, if it doesn't, that means only having to do it two more times instead, but I could get luckier with drops if it does.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I think they should appear as a set if they show up in the drops. Otherwise, they are each cheaper via totems than other weapons, yes.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    They always drop together in EX fights.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I think the last time the sword and shield didn't drop together was Leviathan EX? I seem to remember it causing a bit of a backlash and they changed how PLD weapon drops worked because of it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Was Shiva EX after Leviathan EX? I soloed that 49 times the other day farming for the sword and shield and they dropped in separate runs.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    hey so I heard they're reworking a bunch of the base game and the base game's post game? been really strongly considering giving this another go sometime, after bouncing off it hard twice in the past at level 30ish. Some dev friends of mine play and really love it, and I know a lotta folks from here in SE++ play so that's the right mix of MMO requirements for me... How far off is this rework likely to be?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Was Shiva EX after Leviathan EX? I soloed that 49 times the other day farming for the sword and shield and they dropped in separate runs.

they didn't come together until 3.X or 4.X. In the 2.X days the shield could drop whenever.

Levi was before Shiva.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    Anzekay wrote: »
    hey so I heard they're reworking a bunch of the base game and the base game's post game? been really strongly considering giving this another go sometime, after bouncing off it hard twice in the past at level 30ish. Some dev friends of mine play and really love it, and I know a lotta folks from here in SE++ play so that's the right mix of MMO requirements for me... How far off is this rework likely to be?

I believe the rework is scheduled for 5.3, which is about 3 to 4 months off since 5.2 just came out.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Hyur

yeah it's next major patch. I would assume may/june timeframe

• Options
    Au'ra
    Will it affect all of the base game content or mostly just the post-ARR stuff? Just trying to figure out if I should wait for the rework to even make a new character or not

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Viera
    it will be for the A Realm Reborn main story, I don't think they're doing anything to the expansions.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    Will it affect all of the base game content or mostly just the post-ARR stuff? Just trying to figure out if I should wait for the rework to even make a new character or not

Just ARR. The rest of the expansion story-lines are honestly fine, it's really just ARR and the patch between ARR-Heavensward that need clean up and work.

As for waiting or not..that's pretty up to you, I love the game so I think it's worth it but that first chunk is an ABSOLUTE SLOG and I find it hard to recommend to people without saying "you should just wait for the rework"

but I, as an individual, hate waiting, so I get why some people say fuck it I'm doing it

• Options
    Viera
    I liked ARR just fine when I plowed through it last spring, but the main story does get undeniably less padded with running around to talk to someone after ARR.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    the post-expansion content between ARR and Heavensward, as I understand it, is the most egregious part and does not pay off until the very end

I say as I understand it because I, in my infinite dumbass wisdom, finished ARR and bought a skip to Heavensward specifically to not do any of that

• Options
    Viera
    yeah, I was into it but between the first credit roll and HW is the most padded part. The end is so good though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    It is important to go into the game and treat major expansions/base game like TV series seasons and post expansion major patches as episodes. The main content in this game is the story. There's post game stuff you can do for fun, but it isn't like wow with infinite gear progression being the point. The gear rewards are only 5 to 10 ilevels higher than what is available via currency and there are multiple ways to get gear.

Some patches I go all in on EX and Savage raiding, other patches I focus on tradeskills, glamour hunting, ither content, or take a break. Not doing post-story stuff doesn't mean you fall behind.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Yeah I meant the post-ARR story stuff you gave to do before you can start HW, as I’ve heard it’s a lot of kinda boring quests and generally a real slog.

I know they’re touching up on that a great deal but I wasn’t sure if they were reworking ARR’s main story itself as well

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Yay, I got a Ruby EX kill today. Didn’t get a relevant weapon, but now I can get I to completed parties.

It’s a neat fight, albeit pretty easy on the actual mechanics.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Something I now want intensely after having thought of it, but I know will almost certainly never happen: a Hildibrand-themed Ultimate trial.

It would take place in the Gold Saucer and feature a bunch of comedic fights with Greg, Ultros, Typhon, and Jim (featuring mechanics from the GATEs), and finish with a fight against Hildibrand and Gigi, while Nashu rains bombs at random. The enrage would be Godbert and Julyan getting involved.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    so I unlocked the Savages for Alexander

I dunno, like, do I have to find a team or one of those 'statics' for it, or can I still just reliably PUG it?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    you can probably find party finder groups to run them, but only unsynced (meaning everyone stays level 80 and utterly breaks the fight)

just put like "WT clear" in the party description because anybody who joins is going to be doing so to check something off their Wondrous Tails for the week

if you want to beat them legit you are absolutely going to need to recruit friends though

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    There aren’t savage fights in WT, and there’s no reason to do old savage raids unless you want a mount or glamour item. You won’t be pugging an old synced savage raid

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Alexander 8 has some good glam potential

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    eh, I'm okay with not doing Alex savage if it's gonna be a hassle

what should I do today, guys? keep working my crafters/gatherers to 80? MSQ? level up some of my lesser jobs?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    When in doubt, prioritize MSQ as it gates pretty much everything else in the game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    2pebg0yumepc.jpg

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Viera
    the little ladies' day event is back
    the music it plays around the seasonal event areas sounds very familiar, I can't place it though. Is it from FF9 maybe?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the little ladies' day event is back
    the music it plays around the seasonal event areas sounds very familiar, I can't place it though. Is it from FF9 maybe?

It's original to FF14, but it kind of reminds me of the Balamb Garden BGM from FF8

• Options
    Viera
    oh I love these little skits after the main event story is over

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If I have HQ Neo-Ishgardian 480 crafted gear, is there any sidegrade reason to collect Eden (normal) tokens any more, outside of gearing up alt classes?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's possible that there are classes whose stat itemization on pieces of the Eden gear is better than the Neo-Ishgardian gear. I haven't checked, but it's possible. Other than that, it's just glamour and alts.

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.