As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    yeah the net time saved from waiting for particularly long DPS queues is the only efficiency argument for running them for experience instead of queuing

That only holds true if you can't parallelize tasks though. Lots of other things you can do with a predictable 15m window.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sometimes the thing you want to do is a dungeon tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Farming FATEs during the queue time is fairly efficient XP-wise, at least for Shadowbringers zones, and it works towards the 60+ per zone that's required to unlock all the vendors. I'm just waiting for level 79 so I can finish the Tempest ones.

The problem is that's with a predictable 15 minute wait window. It's not always that predictable, and I've been getting queues in around a few minutes on many Malikah's Well runs lately, not just tank/healer ones. It does get a bit annoying to get halfway through the first FATE of the queue and suddenly it's dungeon time, even if that means that it's just become more XP efficient overall.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    I like Trusts because they're really chill

and you only get the free level bump during MSQ so I did a good few via Trust while I could

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Trusts could take twice as long as they already do and I would still prefer them over queuing with randos.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Haven't checked that Mr. Happy video, but here's an extensive reddit post on doing Eureka nowadays that was made a couple of weeks ago.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/hed93l/the_way_to_eureka_in_52/

It's good content.

ed; wait I mean the post is good content, but I do like Eureka too. That said, Pagos when it was fresh was a brick wall for me. I'll go back eventually.

Qanamil on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I bought a 60 day card for this a while back, so I was playing for about 2 weeks and then got distracted by other games and things going on.
    I got an email a day or two ago saying my sub expires on the 9th.

God I hate subscription games, I can never take a break without feeling like I'm wasting money, I wasted a bunch of my sub because I wanted to do other stuff.

Game-wise, I'm now done with 3.3, and started 3.4. The wrapup for Heavensward was really nice!

It's worth noting that Yoshida is on record saying that he doesn't expect players to consistently maintain subscriptions.

And yes, Heavensward had a well done ending - make sure you do the capstone quest as well!

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    It's worth noting that Yoshida is on record saying that he doesn't expect players to consistently maintain subscriptions.
    But I just paid about $90 to keep my subscription going through New Years 2021.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I mean, I make bad decisions too sometimes

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I bought a 60 day card for this a while back, so I was playing for about 2 weeks and then got distracted by other games and things going on.
    I got an email a day or two ago saying my sub expires on the 9th.

God I hate subscription games, I can never take a break without feeling like I'm wasting money, I wasted a bunch of my sub because I wanted to do other stuff.

Game-wise, I'm now done with 3.3, and started 3.4. The wrapup for Heavensward was really nice!

And yes, Heavensward had a well done ending - make sure you do the capstone quest as well!

is that
    The Paths We Walk? I'm working on that one now

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    I think that's it yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    April 5th
    SbsJxXZ.jpg

July 14th
    YUYGv3a.jpg

• Options
    Roegadyn
    SabreMau wrote: »
    April 5th
    SbsJxXZ.jpg

July 14th
    YUYGv3a.jpg

Busy little popoto, weren't you?

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    April 5th
    SbsJxXZ.jpg

July 14th
    YUYGv3a.jpg

Busy little popoto, weren't you?

Good heavens do you not sleep???

• Options
    Good heavens do you not sleep???
    Just did. But then after picking up all the remaining relic weapons I have to pause and wonder, "Do I really want to run Memoria Misera EX 115 more times?"

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I think in that same timeframe I was able to bring MCH from 60ish to 80 and AST to 68 which I am currently working on.

You are a machine.

• Options
    Hyur
    Well, I was planning to save the final 70-80 push with Goldsmith and Weaver for Dwarf quests, but my internet has been too sporadic for team content all week, and instead I wound up knocking off a bunch of solo content goals. Including finishing capping all Crafting and Gathering jobs.

Honestly, 90% of the impetus was the desire to get the Dhalmel Whistle and Bread Emote. And then after I was done, hadn't won either, and was thoroughly sick of crafting, it occurred to me to check the markets. Dhalmel Whistle is only 19,000 gil, and the Bread Emote is a paltry 400 gil.

Anyway, I'll give myself a week or two off from crafting to let the loathing diminish a little, then look into ways to actually make some money with it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Hyur
    Also got Warkangel, my chocobo, to rank 20 today, wrapped up my 5th zone of Shared Fates, and got all my Trust pals leveled to 77. If I can finish those last three levels of Trusts and the Shared Fates in the Tempest before the next patch, I'll be happy.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Also got Warkangel, my chocobo, to rank 20 today, wrapped up my 5th zone of Shared Fates, and got all my Trust pals leveled to 77. If I can finish those last three levels of Trusts and the Shared Fates in the Tempest before the next patch, I'll be happy.

I love that name.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's hard to get rival wings matches again : (

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    it's hard to get rival wings matches again : (

My data center just stopped playing last month. It was good while it lasted.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Au'ra
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/patch_5_3/

Preview up.

Dungeon set looks real good
    l3_hGo5ZvJna1HEqm-unK3TUY0.jpg

Gundam Diamond Weapon
    Ne6FNOULVdDDwY7fvfi6zDwWCc.jpg

Obligatory dungeon bosswaifu
    tzV2HSsYdUqyyjb6-arGtZUo_Y.jpg
    New to Patch 5.3

Main Scenario Quests
    New Dungeon - The Heroes' Gauntlet
    New Trial
    New Alliance Raid - YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse: The Puppets' Bunker
    Chronicles of a New Era - The Sorrow of Werlyt
    Faux Hollows - The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Unreal)
    New Custom Deliveries
    Beast Tribe Quests - Dwarves
    Save the Queen - Unforgiven, Unforgotten
    New Battlefield - Bozjan Southern Front
    Ishgardian Restoration Updates
    Skysteel Tool Updates
    A Realm Reborn Area Improvements
    Trial Synthesis
    New Game+ Updates
    Sundry Splendors

and more!

Only screenshots of story bits, Weapon, and the new dungeon up so far.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    People already making fanart of that one boss

• Options
    Roegadyn
    "Faux Hollows - The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Unreal)" worries me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    "Faux Hollows - The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Unreal)" worries me.

It's a new tier of fight they've mentioned that they're working on - IIRC, these will be rescaled primal fights.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    yeah I think they're intended to be remakes of old primal trials that are harder or as hard as current extreme-level trials

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Eh, don't care then.

Really don't feel like this game needs ANOTHER super hard type of content.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    yeah I think they're intended to be remakes of old primal trials that are harder or as hard as current extreme-level trials

i thought that was what eden was

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    It kinda does at this point, cause the delays mean that this current raid tier will be around 9-10 months old before the next one releases. Which, I mean, understandable and completely outside the developers's control, but any new raid content is welcome.

And I don't think the Unreal series is meant to be "super" hard (aka not ultimate or even savage level), it's just the old extreme Shiva fight scaled up to level 80.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    It's a great way to engage with a subset of the players and kind of a free marketing tool to get people talking about your game.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    ph blake wrote: »
    It kinda does at this point, cause the delays mean that this current raid tier will be around 9-10 months old before the next one releases. Which, I mean, understandable and completely outside the developers's control, but any new raid content is welcome.

And I don't think the Unreal series is meant to be "super" hard (aka not ultimate or even savage level), it's just the old extreme Shiva fight scaled up to level 80.

If it’s just numbers scaling or whatever I’m on board yeah

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    crwth wrote: »

Eden re-imagines the primals, and intentionally gets them mixed up with other concepts. These Unreal trials are more like remakes of the primals in their original form, but scaled up for current player power and encounter design.

• Options
    Lalafell
    So, those of you who know Nier Automata: how badly am I going to have that game spoiled for me if I don't pick it up some time before this second Yorha raid comes out, do you think? I'm considering just going ahead and grabbing it before I'm even done with Nier 1, since I know that game's story and have kinda stalled on it.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Donnicton wrote: »

Gundam Diamond Weapon

Is that Diamond Weapon? The story last time told us that Sapphire was to be next.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, those of you who know Nier Automata: how badly am I going to have that game spoiled for me if I don't pick it up some time before this second Yorha raid comes out, do you think? I'm considering just going ahead and grabbing it before I'm even done with Nier 1, since I know that game's story and have kinda stalled on it.

The raid so far has not followed the plot of automata aside from being in the factory and having some of the characters. But also who the fuck knows what yoko taro will do.

But also also you should play nier automata because it’s a good video game.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Sounds about right.

I am... worried about that dungeon description.
    "It is said that the hero's path is fraught with danger, and these words will never ring truer as the whole of Norvrandt becomes a battlefield across which the Warriors of Darkness must fight their way."

I am getting some uncomfortable Ul'dah banquet night vibes from that. I'm thinking that Elidibus's plan is going to involve somehow turning Norvrandt's new heroes against us.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Eh, don't care then.

This game desperately needs more hard content. If you like combat focused game play, you have the savage tier raid for 6 months (2 patch cycles) and that's it. The ultimates were a good way to have something to do in between since those fights take about as long as a full tier to learn. With no ultimate, raid groups have nothing to do for months now. For example, my group started this tier about a month late since we were finishing ultimate, and we just finished our 8th E8s, so we're kinda done. Without something new, we have 3 months+ at this point with no content.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Donnicton wrote: »

Gundam Diamond Weapon

Is that Diamond Weapon? The story last time told us that Sapphire was to be next.

Diamond may not be a full Trial fight, like how Genbu was just the end boss of a dungeon in the Four Lords stuff.

I'm pretty sure they said at some point there wouldn't be a Weapon trial this patch.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Au'ra
    crwth wrote: »

Eden re-imagines the primals, and intentionally gets them mixed up with other concepts. These Unreal trials are more like remakes of the primals in their original form, but scaled up for current player power and encounter design.

Yeah, Unreal is just a way to recycle existing assets into new Extreme trials. Although honestly Shiva doesn't need much reworking, Shiva EX was already pretty close to the modern design level (as the last trial of ARR).

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Eh, don't care then.

This game desperately needs more hard content. If you like combat focused game play, you have the savage tier raid for 6 months (2 patch cycles) and that's it. The ultimates were a good way to have something to do in between since those fights take about as long as a full tier to learn. With no ultimate, raid groups have nothing to do for months now. For example, my group started this tier about a month late since we were finishing ultimate, and we just finished our 8th E8s, so we're kinda done. Without something new, we have 3 months+ at this point with no content.

I mean I don't like high end hard mode content and I haven't had anything new to do since like a week after 4.2 so idk what to tell ya.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.