As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    Brain worms, I assume

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    This game REALLY needs a refund system. I spend 2000 sack of nuts on Deepshadow augment piece instead of the crystarium one...

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Viera
    Ouch

BahamutZERO.gif
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I'm level 55, at the first trial in Heavensward, and boy howdy do I need a new fucking weapon

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    edited August 2020
    Viera
    what have you got? augmented ironworks? that should be good enough to carry you all the way through to 60 honestly, you only even start to see weapons with better ilvls at the 55 dungeon

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Not even that much, I'm still using the one I got from the level 110 weapon coffer

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Not even that much, I'm still using the one I got from the level 110 weapon coffer

Gotta run that MSQ roulette.

Yeah, after reading that post, I looked into it and realized that I'd been accruing tomestones without realizing what they were for. Quick jaunt to Mor Dhona and now I have a weird mechanical expando-grimoire. Thanks!

Viera

grab an ironworks weapon from revenant's toll or one of the ARR capital cities for poetics

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    Yeah, after reading that post, I looked into it and realized that I'd been accruing tomestones without realizing what they were for. Quick jaunt to Mor Dhona and now I have a weird mechanical expando-grimoire. Thanks!

You can go to any of the capital cities as of 5.3. The vendors are right by the Aetheryte.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Javen wrote: »
    zucchini wrote: »
    I’m heckin mad right now because I’m 4/5 through 79 and just wanna do MSQ but I’m here grinding command missions to get my second job up

why?

Don’t want all that sweet XP to go to waste!

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Well, At least I got something for my ritual nut sacrifice. Managed to clear the new EX trial for the first time and got the mount.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Miqo'te
    Javen wrote: »
    I’m heckin mad right now because I’m 4/5 through 79 and just wanna do MSQ but I’m here grinding command missions to get my second job up

why?

Don’t want all that sweet XP to go to waste!

Oh yeah that makes sense.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    But also definitely brain worms

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Did y'all know that on the final boss of Labyrinth of the Ancients, if someone is just...left grabbed by an Iron Claw all the way to the point where he casts Ancient Flare and people aren't on pads, the boss just goes ham Flaring over and over trying to get them until they die from the DOT?

CUZ I SURE DIDN'T.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Miqo'te
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Did y'all know that on the final boss of Labyrinth of the Ancients, if someone is just...left grabbed by an Iron Claw all the way to the point where he casts Ancient Flare and people aren't on pads, the boss just goes ham Flaring over and over trying to get them until they die from the DOT?

CUZ I SURE DIDN'T.

lmao

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I finally finished ARR and started HW this morning. My fucking emotions holy shit.

Those post-ARR, pre-HW quests were a real slog, but there was enough good stuff in there to make it worth it.

Machinist seems gun!

...I mean fun. Shit, that's too perfect a typo, I'm leaving it.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    This might be a dumb question but where do you get the Yo Kai Watch mounts? I bought all the minions and have like 5 of the weapons, but the guy at the Golden Saucer doesn't have any mount category

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Bucketman wrote: »
    This might be a dumb question but where do you get the Yo Kai Watch mounts? I bought all the minions and have like 5 of the weapons, but the guy at the Golden Saucer doesn't have any mount category

There's a guy who gives out achievement based rewards in Gridania. They're on the path north of Mih Khetto's Amphithetere (sp) near a waterfall.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Viera
    the dark knight job quests are good

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    the dark knight job quests are good

It's probably the strongest quest line overall. I feel the 60-70 batch falls off a bit, but even then.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Hyur
    So I was farming Primal EX horses last night, already had Shiva's from one of the moogle tomestone events, and picked up all the rest except Ramuh's, since he seems un-soloable. On my fourth or fifth Titan EX fight, the Nightmare mount dropped, and I'm informed that that's ultra rare.

So I'm here to brag about it. Riding this goofy looking thing around now, just to show off.

(It's just the Unicorn mount recolored black, with its horn on fire, and there's green mist around its hooves when it flies. No special music or anything.)

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited August 2020
    Viera
    ramuh's plenty soloable as a healer/red mage/paladin FWIW
    haven't tried it as DPS yet
    edit: I can JUST BARELY do it as 80 DRG if I use all my self-healing buttons, but like skin of my teeth, one more hit might have finished me first

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Elezen
    I just got into this the other day and I'm a disgusting little craftpig now

My highest DoM/DoW class is 20 and I have all DoL except fishing and all DoH except blacksmith and armoursmith at 20

I also realized my Todd Rundgren inspired character has to be a different class now because I didn't realize Bards classed up from Archers and I picked Thaumaturges because I cast "A Blizzard, A True Storm"

Viera
    it's pretty fast to level a new job up at that point in the game so feel free to switch to archer

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Hyur
    ramuh's plenty soloable as a healer/red mage/paladin FWIW
    haven't tried it as DPS yet
    edit: I can JUST BARELY do it as 80 DRG if I use all my self-healing buttons, but like skin of my teeth, one more hit might have finished me first

Really? He keeps just locking me down in stuff that doesn't let me move or act until he can blast the shit out of me. For the two minutes the fight lasts, I have agency for like 20 seconds of it. We'll have to talk about whatever I'm doing super wrong.

Edit: Or I could just stop trying to brute force it as a DRG, since I do also have RDM at 80. That wouldn't be the stupidest option available, I suppose.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Viera
    the stun should only last 6 seconds and he doesn't cast it very often, maybe 2 or 3 times before either I or he was dead

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't forget to get your orbs

liEt3nH.png
    Viera
    I don't actually know ramuh's mechanics other than kill the adds, what do the orbs do other than end the tether debuff?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Having three of them also boosts your resistance to the constant lightning attacks for a minute or so.

Edit: Oh wait, just this attack.
    Orbs - Eat 3 to give a shield for a minute that prevents you from dying to Shock Strike, otherwise it does around 17k damage and goes through Hallowed. Building shield also removes tether. The more orbs are out, the more damage Thunderstorm deals. Managing shield duration is the tank swap mechanic. Eating more than 3 will give an 'overcharged' shield that reduces healing per stack but still blocks Shock Strike. It caps at 3 stacks.

Shock Strike - AoE attack on tanks. Tanks need to gather three to get a debuff (Surge Protection) that makes them able to survive Shock Strike. The current off-tank picks up 3 orbs from every second Thunderstorm and Provokes Ramuh. Tanks keep swapping like this until the end. Tanks can get more than three stacks of orbs but any extra after third reduces healing received (Static Condensation).

SabreMau on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I finally finished pentamelding all my crafting gear. Except for alchemist tools, because I just can't be bothered at this point. Bring on the Firmament, I want that Saint title.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

There's a guy who gives out achievement based rewards in Gridania. They're on the path north of Mih Khetto's Amphithetere (sp) near a waterfall.

be sure to check all of his inventory, if you didn't know about him there's a good chance you've already unlocked a bunch of other goodies

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    If you grab orbs Ramuh Ex isn't to bad on tanks.

Or SMN, because Earthen Shield is fucking broken

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Hello I've tried the free trial of this before but didn't get very far, if I want to try it again what server are y'all on?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    pa folks are mainly on Sargatanas

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Some of us. I'm on Sargatanas, Siren, Behemoth, Leviathan, Brynhildr, Malboro, Odin, Ultima, and Belias.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Yeah one of the big things about this game is you can’t do very much content on one character so you need at least 9 alts

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Zay wrote: »
    Yeah one of the big things about this game is you can’t do very much content on one character so you need at least 9 alts

Reminds me of when I used to play a ton of Dungeon Fighter Online. So many alts.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
This discussion has been closed.