As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Hyur

That’s a lot of stuff

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Hyur
    Only the most content free of posts may be totp apparently.

Thank god for edit

rhylith on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    No idea what it is, but I'm down for some ocean fishing. Also it looks like this expansion's version of relic weapons is going to start up. Curious what approach they'll take with them this time.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    H0b0man wrote: »
    No idea what it is, but I'm down for some ocean fishing. Also it looks like this expansion's version of relic weapons is going to start up. Curious what approach they'll take with them this time.

My knee-terk random totally unsupported pie-in-the-sky dream would be that it's an ff14 reskin of Sega Marine Fishing from the Sega Dreamcast. :razz:

Almost sounds like it could be some instanced type thing or like retainer/squadron/trust/FC-ship missions. Suggesting fishing out in the deep ocean, instead of just fishing from shore or the Ruby Sea zone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Wait crafting and gathering overhaul?

Didn't we JUST overhaul crafting?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Wait crafting and gathering overhaul?

Didn't we JUST overhaul crafting?

they said before 5.1 that the gathering/crafting overhaul would come half in 5.1, half in 5.2; we're just getting the rest of it now

ocean fishing is going to be an instanced thing on a timer where people ride a boat together and fish, and can collectively get prizes. ffxi has something similar from what I understand

the relic weapon stuff is the biggest question mark. eureka had its problems, but it also had some fun ideas, and it would be weird to throw out the concept entirely

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Au'ra
    Eureka's main problem was being entirely separate progression. There was no overlap like with prior relics where a lot of stages could be done while leveling classes, etc.

The second problem is that groups are mandatory for any real progress, of course.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Eureka's main problem was being entirely separate progression. There was no overlap like with prior relics where a lot of stages could be done while leveling classes, etc.

The second problem is that groups are mandatory for any real progress, of course.

Eureka being instanced was terrible and really limited everything.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias

And not just any groups, but pick-up-groups, large numbers. But yes, solo progression in Eureka was impossible until the second or third boost to xp gains post-_Shadowbringers_ release.

Add in that the fastest progression method was running all over the zone with a giant train of players without regard to level because that was faster than fighting things that were at your level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    BA owns though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITaEbVSNNI

Eureka 2 could be very cool

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I use a lot of fantasias
    I never made it out of the first Eureka zone during Stormblood. The ff11-inspired design throwback was negative fun to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I'm fine with grindy, but let me grind while being able to queue for other things/roulettes.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    Yeah not being able to queue for dungeons while in it is the main reason I've only been inside eureka once.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    “Anamnesis” means “the remembering of things from a supposed previous existence”, like recalling memories from a past life or something.

Or a record of a patient’s medical history.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Eureka was a slog, but I love my BA mount.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Ozma mount owns I hope they roll out the BA equivalent sooner this time

• Options
    Roegadyn
    honestly the only thing that put me off of eureka is the ability to lose progress by dying

if that's gone for the second one but it's otherwise the same I'd be fine with it

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Oh yeah that sounds sucky too, admittedly I never made it far enough in to discover that pitfall

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    Oh yeah that sounds sucky too, admittedly I never made it far enough in to discover that pitfall

Since everyone is basically always grouped and you only get penalized if you don't get rezzed (and in the latter half literally everyone can rez) it really only came up in BA iirc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    The Rez Loop in BA was really funny

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »

Since everyone is basically always grouped and you only get penalized if you don't get rezzed (and in the latter half literally everyone can rez) it really only came up in BA iirc.

Which is why Hydatos had Sprite Island, where you could easily reflect farm back that level.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    Reflect farming was good dumb fun

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Stormblood WHM questline
    hey game, you want to actually address how messed up taking a kid away from their parents because they were born a Padjal is

no, you're just going to kill her mom off and completely ignore that?

why are the white mage quests so bad

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Radius wrote: »
    Stormblood WHM questline
    hey game, you want to actually address how messed up taking a kid away from their parents because they were born a Padjal is

no, you're just going to kill her mom off and completely ignore that?

why are the white mage quests so bad

This does eventually get addressed, unless I'm badly misremembering

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Viera
    post-stormblood WHM quests
    did her mom die? I've forgotten, didn't she live, and the gridanians make accommodations to allow them to stay together in the end? am I totally misremembering?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    did her mom die? I've forgotten, didn't she live, and the gridanians make accommodations to allow them to stay together in the end? am I totally misremembering?
    She died in a cave and then a demon ate her soul

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Miqo'te
    Yes, special arrangements were made to allow them to live together and I think with Sylphie staying to help train her. However, something led to the child having an outburst, a big fight ensued in which the mother over extended herself, and she subsequently died. The child was then brought back to Gridania to resume her training there.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Viera
    bleh I guess I wiped the ending out of my memories

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah I completely forgot about that ending too. In my mind
    mom lived, they both moved back to the city and were completely fine. Like, I was 100 percent certain this was what happened until I looked it up just now.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Hyur
    Let’s all just agree that’s how it ended and never think of it again.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    rhylith wrote: »
    Let’s all just agree that’s how it ended and never think of it again.

This is me with The Road and the bomb shelter.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    White Mage quest bad

Black Mage quest good
    Hell yes, let's go hang out with Shatotto

• Options
    Viera
    Radius wrote: »
    White Mage quest bad

Black Mage quest good
    Hell yes, let's go hang out with Shatotto
    Shatotto herself was good, but I thought the actual story she comes with was kind of boring

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    WRT WHM quest
    they say at some point that the mom had like, a year to live at best, and were not going to tell the daughter that.

and yes they absolutely do not go into how fucked the whole Padjal thing is

Gridania!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    eorzea is absolutely one of those settings where it's fun to be the protagonist, but for just about anyone else, it's a relentless nightmare hellscape where not even the sweet embrace of death will save you

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I use a lot of fantasias
    Give your heartiest LA-HEE!

Still my favorite daytime zone track in Shadowbringers*.

Unless you have Mount BGM turned on, then you might get tired of the LA-HEE. But still...

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.