As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Sprout wrote: »
    What a bizarre, anticlimactic way to debut a new IC title belt.
    Ugh

It looks so generic

The IC title with the white strap was the best looking one they had

Edit:

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i kinda like it

I don't think it is like

Outright bad

But "black strap with gold metal bits" is very overused at this point and the actual design isn't cool enough to make up for it

The IC Belt was my fave so I am also just salty about that

CYpGAPn.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Guess they finally remembered that Cody was the one that brought the white belt back. Can't have that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I don't think it is like

Outright bad

But "black strap with gold metal bits" is very overused at this point and the actual design isn't cool enough to make up for it

Don't tell WWE to get creative with the strap colors and metals, or you'll get... well, every other main roster WWE belt.

xderwsaxganu.png
    I don't think it is like

Outright bad

Don't tell WWE to get creative with the strap colors and metals, or you'll get... well, every other main roster WWE belt.
    The North American Title and IC Title were two of my faves specifically because they played with colors but in restrained ways

Not like making a fruit roll up strap

CYpGAPn.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

Braun dude you cant talk shit about Luchasaurus like that

bloodyroarxx on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Survivor Series! The one time of year WWE just mashes matches together that ignore angles and have no actual bearing after the show!

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred, No Disqualification Match)
    Universal Champion “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan
    Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler
    Raw Tag Team Champions The Viking Raiders vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed ERA
    Raw, SmackDown and NXT teams to battle in Women's Survivor Series Elimination Triple Threat Match
    Raw, SmackDown and NXT teams to battle in Men's Survivor Series Elimination Triple Threat Match
    United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong (Triple Threat Match)

PLAY USING THIS FORM (Fixed link, fuck you Vanilla forums formatting!)

EvilBadman wrote: »
    Who wants some Pick 'Em Scores:
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

Hell in a Cell straight fucked a ton of stuff up. Form for Survivor Series will be up later tonight,

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Juice Robinson told Joey Mercury in a DM that ROH paid him a third of what he wanted

ROH started their year by having a brand new stable led by Juice that was supposed to keep interest in the company immediately post-Elite, meanwhile they were paying its leader (by his own admission) a third of what they should've. No wonder he left the company at the first possible opportunity

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Small issue with your form, @EvilBadman: in the tag match you have Xavier listed as a possible loser of the fall (and Kofi is not one).

Shadowen on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    edited November 2019
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Small issue with your form, @EvilBadman: in the tag match you have Xavier listed as a possible loser of the fall (and Kofi is not one).

Shit. Right. #offseason. Any Xavier answer (there was one) is now Kofi, unless they PM me to change it.

EvilBadman on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    TIL Juice moved to Japan

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    What a bizarre, anticlimactic way to debut a new IC title belt.
    Ugh

It looks so generic

The IC title with the white strap was the best looking one they had

Edit:

I like it because it's a relatively unique gold design in WWE's landscape. Though I honestly couldn't tell you what the IC title looked like before, they're all so homogenous I keep mentally confusing it with the women's title (which may not have a white strap anymore I don't know). But it looks...small? Maybe the scale is skewed in the video but it looks smaller than most of the mid tier belts.

EDIT: They're fucking up this Fiend booking completely. He's fighting Daniel Bryan of all people and there's still no reason to be excited for it. It's the mandible claw not One Punch Man's serious punch, Bryan has to get at least some offense in even if the Fiend no sells it to make us believe the match can go any way. And they're still going with the red lighting.

AlphaRomero on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    At least the new IC title looks like a title.
    Survivor Series! The one time of year WWE just mashes matches together that ignore angles and have no actual bearing after the show!

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio (No Holds Barred, No Disqualification Match)
    Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler
    Raw Tag Team Champions The Viking Raiders vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed ERA
    Raw, SmackDown and NXT teams to battle in Women's Survivor Series Elimination Triple Threat Match
    Raw, SmackDown and NXT teams to battle in Men's Survivor Series Elimination Triple Threat Match
    United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. NXT North American Champion Roderick Strong (Triple Threat Match)

Who wants some Pick 'Em Scores:
    1 SanderJK 275
    2 Magell 272
    3 Legacy 271
    4 Nothing 269
    5 Nirya 268
    6 PwnanObrien 260
    7 MyNameIsWalrus 257
    7 Lost Canuck 257
    9 LBD_Nytetrayn 253
    10 Sprout 248
    11 Never Die 246
    12 AlphaRomero 239
    13 crippl3 238
    14 411Randle 231
    15 hailtothekale 230
    16 Sonelan 225
    17 crwth 221
    18 David_T 214
    19 Reynolds 213
    19 Bloodsheed 213
    21 #FACEtious 207
    21 Dex Dynamo 207
    23 ChillyWilly 202
    24 Whippy 197
    25 Invectivus 182
    FULL STANDINGS

Hell in a Cell straight fucked a ton of stuff up. Form for Survivor Series will be up later tonight,

1) No NXT title match? I know we don't know who Cole will be facing, but we do know his potential opponents.

2) Weren't the NXT, WWE, and Universal champions supposed to square off together like the rest? What happened to that?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Who else wants Kelly Klein to show up on Dynamite with the RoH womens title and challenge Riho to a match?

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I'm catching up on AEW right now, and my poor Nexus 10 is really showing its age. The frame rate VLC is giving me is not enough to keep up with Nick Jackson and Fenix.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Magell wrote: »
    Who else wants Kelly Klein to show up on Dynamite with the RoH womens title and challenge Riho to a match?

Only if she does this with the belt.

VHJwxzK.gif?w=696a

xderwsaxganu.png

1) No NXT title match? I know we don't know who Cole will be facing, but we do know his potential opponents.

2) Weren't the NXT, WWE, and Universal champions supposed to square off together like the rest? What happened to that?

1. The match is probably preshow bound.
    2. You book Bray v Brock v Cole, lol

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I think that the new IC title is good. I just don't think it's better than what they already had.

That being said, I'm a sucker for the white strap and I'm also a fan of large front faceplates. Now that the white strap is gone and the faceplate is smaller, I don't like it as much.

FYI, the Big Gold Belt is my favorite belt of all time due to it's massive front faceplate. It *looks* like something only the best wrestler would wear.

If anyone here is an old school MMA fan, PRIDE FC also had some massive title belts and I always loved them more than the UFC title belts.

Fedor.jpg

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I think New Japan still has the best IC belt.

latest?cb=20140430161417

Mwx884o.jpg

Oh boy, now to see how I do when I'm not watching 2/3 of the product!
    Winner of Match [10] *
    - Brock
    Does Cain Velasquez show up at all? [3] * - Yep

Winner of Match [10] *
    - the Fiend

Winner of Match [9] *
    - Bayley
    Loser of Fall [4] * - Becky

Winning Team [9] *
    - Viking Raiders
    Loser of Fall [4] * - Kofi

Raw V SmackDown V NXT Men's Triple Thread Survivor Series Match
    Winning Team [10] *
    - Smackdown
    Name a Survivor from the Winning Team [2] * - Corbin
    First Team Fully Eliminated [2] * - RAW
    First Person Eliminated [1] * - Mustafa Ali

Raw V SmackDown V NXT Women's Triple Thread Survivor Series Match
    Winning Team [10] *
    - NXT
    Name a Survivor from the Winning Team [2] * - Rhea Ripley
    First Team Fully Eliminated [2] * - Smackdown
    First Person Eliminated [1] * - Dana Brooke

Winner of Match [8] *
    - AJ
    Loser of Fall [3] * - Shinsuke

How Many Title Changes happen at Survivor Series? [5] *
    Includes unannounced matches, and pre-show. NOTE: ADAM COLE MAY BE DEFENDING THE NXT TITLE, AND THAT COUNTS. -
    One

Which Brand wins the Most inter-brand matches? [3] * - Smackdown

How many matches does that Brand win? [2] * - Three

Should I start doing scored AEW PPVs for the rest of the Season? (until Wrestlemania) [Not required to submit picks] - Yes

1. The match is probably preshow bound.
    2. You book Bray v Brock v Cole, lol

Challenge accepted!

Cole is tossed out early, and Bray and Brock do some big moves and no sell, laughing at the efforts, but eventually start to gradually wear each other down. Cole comes back to take advantage after some big move leaves both laying prone, but doesn't get the pin. Eventually, the big guys get up and start working on Cole, then the rest of the Undisputed Era comes in and a big brawl breaks out, eventually ending either with UE hightailing it up the ramp, or Brock and Bray destroying them all.

Brock and Bray stand side by side, triumphant, until Brock suddenly F5's Bray and just gets the pin before Bray sits up and puts the mandible claw on Brock. Brock manages to kick Bray off of him, and the two brawl all around ringside and have to be broken up, with referee casualties numbering in the thousands.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I think New Japan still has the best IC belt.

latest?cb=20140430161417

w4kfqdxe80cm.jpg

Naitos reno was good on it

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Dakota Kai just turned heel, and it rules.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Haha that submission Mexican standoff.

Edit: that match ruled.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky

This gives me an idea: never put Ibushi in a Wargames match.

Mwx884o.jpg
    That ending ruled

2ohWien.png
    It was a 2-on-4 match where the 2 won, but no one looked bad or weak throughout. Amazing.

Dakota Kai just turned heel, and it rules.

I'm kinda sad. I liked Dakota Kai.

She sorta reminded me of Bayley for some reason, so it's... interesting she turned so soon after Bayley did.

That was a ROUGH Bitter End

2ohWien.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    These WWE/He-Man crossover toys can't be real

I must be having a stroke

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited November 2019
    It feels just like 2015: Finn Balor is winning uppercard matches while getting overshadowed by the women.

Sprout on
    It feels just like 2015: Finn Balor is winning uppercard matches while getting overshadowed by the women.

To be fair NXT's women's division has consistently been the best in North America since the days of Paige wrestling Natalya.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Welcome back, Kevin!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    KEVIN OWENS IS BACK IN NXT AND I COULDNT BE MORE EXCITED

That post-match closeup of Britt Baker, though.

God, they're all dead

2ohWien.png
This discussion has been closed.