As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Smallest show I've been to was an ECW house show. Claimed attendance was 750 but I would be shocked if there were more than 150 people there.

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    I really like what they're doing with Brandon Cutler lately on Dark. He's looking really strong until random partner makes a mistake. I wonder if it will lead to a heel turn and push to the midcard. I could go for an evil wizard.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    LeTwig wrote: »
    I really like what they're doing with Brandon Cutler lately on Dark. He's looking really strong until random partner makes a mistake. I wonder if it will lead to a heel turn and push to the midcard. I could go for an evil wizard.

bonus points if he brings out a board with an alignment chart on it and points to where he's at on it today.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I will only accept this if he starts throwing fireballs or just yells magic missile when hitting a lariat or something.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Isn't that how Lars Sullivan started in NXT?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

I will only accept this if he starts throwing fireballs or just yells magic missile when hitting a lariat or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66FAkLLDrZY

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Starts the fight off by pulling a taser out from his robe. “Oh you see JR, that’s his Shocking Grasp spell.”

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    it's gonna be...one of the many things that's gonna be weird to look back on one of these days

Well, yes, but in the context of this being the wrestling thread, I didn't feel the need to bring up everything else. Haha.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Smallest show I've been to was a real late period WCW house show. I don't remember anything about it other than that there were like fifty people in a 10,000 person arena

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Brandi Rhodes will be your ring announcer for tonight's Dynamite. She's super excited about it, y'all.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Mania now officially two night and hosted by Gronk

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    I don't think half of WM without a crowd is an adequate substitution for all of Takeover without a crowd.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Smallest show I was ever at was at my town's spring festival, Riverfest. Our local Spanish language station decided to put on a lucha show as part of the fair, featuring El Hijo de Rey Misterio and literally nobody else I ever heard of. Basically about 100 fair-goers around the ring, people coming and going throughout.

The one moment that really stands out for me was in an undercard tag match, one of the faces hit a big high spot, then pointed at a kid in the crowd and said, "That one's for you, little man!" And then the heel manager goes over to the kid and screams, "Don't listen to that liar! That wasn't for you! NOTHING'S FOR YOU!"

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I thought I couldn't love Adam Hangman Page anymore

And then he wore a Dixie Chicks shirt

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    The start of that episode was incredibly strong and well shot and felt like theatre and had good writing? In wrestling?? By acknowledging the current moment and the stakes and the need for entertainment in dark times and the need for everyone to come together, including the Elite???

This is already good????

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    AEW’s doing the thing! Wrestlers are sitting in the crowd watching(and betting).

• Options
  • Options
    MJF and Spears betting on matches is amazing

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    The start of that episode was incredibly strong and well shot and felt like theatre and had good writing? In wrestling?? By acknowledging the current moment and the stakes and the need for entertainment in dark times and the need for everyone to come together, including the Elite???

This is already good????

This settles it. Cody is the best promo guy working today.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options

Actually, that kind of makes sense. By having multiple locations, they can avoid having to gather too many people at any one location.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey WWE, steal the idea of having wrestlers as your "crowd". They're adding some much needed energy to the proceedings.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Hey WWE, steal the idea of having wrestlers as your "crowd". They're adding some much needed energy to the proceedings.

Plus at the performance center they'll be wrestlers people dont really know

• Options
    This is simply amazing, talk about rising to the occasion

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

Actually, that kind of makes sense. By having multiple locations, they can avoid having to gather too many people at any one location.

Okay, but will it be in a parking lot, because there's only one match I know will be there

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Ford and Statlander messing up a leaping 'rana then later doing a springboard reverse 'rana is a lot of trust.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    get elvira for commentary again

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mox still having the GT is great continuity

Guess it’s Tony or his Dads

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’m all for Taz working his stack rank for hardest parts of the ring into commentary.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Love the other wrestlers being the crowd and being loud

That and the hard cam facing the ramp instead of the stands is doing a lot to make the arena feel less empty.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Uno has a really unnerving stare.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    It’s the exalted one!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    MY BOY LUKE HARPER IS THE EXALTED ONE

• Options
  • Options
    MY BOY LUKE HARPER IS THE EXALTED ONE

Clearly he learned something from Bray Wyatt.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    AEW is doing a much better job with their no audience show.

And it's weird because it's really just a regular episode of AEW!

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Booo. Picture in picture blurred the camera then cut away from MJF doing the pop-up middle finger.

Nice touch.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Did they dig up Cheatum from WCW?

xderwsaxganu.png
This discussion has been closed.