[Half-Life] After 12 years, there's a new Half-Life game! Half-Life: Alyx out now!

1111213141517»

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong... New Xen is really good and feels like Valve made it. Lots of clever ideas and stuff but man just let me see the credits haha.

Xen is literally like a third of Black Mesa.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong... New Xen is really good and feels like Valve made it. Lots of clever ideas and stuff but man just let me see the credits haha.

Xen is literally like a third of Black Mesa.

Yeah I just finished it.

That last boss fight was... Something. Felt like I was playing Doom or something. I'm glad I didn't stay up last night to finish the game. I thought for sure I was at the end and was going to push through it, but it was another 4 hours or so.

• urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    I was tempted to use cheats and just get through some parts because I wanted it to end lol.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It's kinda funny how they went all in on Xen, when their original design philosophy was like "On a rail sux, let's shorten it."

There's definitely a lot of cruft that could be excised from Xen (the multi-area flower puzzle, the water puzzle in Gonarch's Lair, a bunch of stuff from Interloper.)

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    Big DookieFencingsaxKoopahTroopah