[Pokémon] Gotta catch some mo'

1293031323335»

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Thwackey is great, mikey is wrong

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Stiltsdarunia106never dieKwoaru
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I finally found a drake fossil and decided to grab a Dracovish since I could use an additional water type in the rather large line up of Pokemon I swap in and out of in my playthrough. I figured I would reset until I got a helpful nature. Except first one that popped out was a shiny! ...Unfortunately with a nature that lowers attack and water absorb. Suppose I'll fix that eventually though? Guess I'm gonna grind up another drake fossil.

PJtsz6X.png
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    SilverWindThe Escape GoatNiryaMidnite
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Wow, the shiny hunters would be incredibly jealous of you! :P I think there's someone here who was trying to get one too?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat Registered User regular
    100BP to fix up a shiny is totes worth it, imo

3clipse wrote: »
    God is dead and life has no purpose.
    SilverWindinitiatefailureIblisMidniteLucedes
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I was surprised, took me a minute to register why it was gray. Previously aside from Gyrados (and Magikarp with the recent event) my random shiny pokemon have been a Zubat in Gen 3, a Zubat in Gen 6, and... a Cubone in Gen 7 that I loved dearly and built a trick room team around for the battle... uh... whatever it was that gen.

Debating if I want to keep grinding for another so I can have one with a more useful nature and ability since I'm not post game yet.

PJtsz6X.png
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    My daughter picked Grookey and immediately regretted it once he turned into Thwackey.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    No matter your stance on Thwackey I think we can all agree what is up with that sprite

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
    The Escape Goat
    Radius wrote: »
    My daughter picked Grookey and immediately regretted it once he turned into Thwackey.

spoilers are good, example #57

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    no I think it's a rite of passage to have one of your favorite pokemon evolve into something you hate

Rorshach KringleBlankZoeRadiusRELtasticdarunia106BahamutZEROTurambarMidniteBlackbeard7never dieLucedesMaddocH0b0manKwoaru
  • DysDys Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    Being able to alter natures and IVs is an amazing thing and I cannot wait to get my old pal shiny Kingler to sword and shield.

Dys on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    no I think it's a rite of passage to have one of your favorite pokemon evolve into something you hate

*stares in Samurott*

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu/Auldhaerz Swygkhansyn (both on Mateus), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Prepares you for a life where you spend thousands of hours and substantial cash to get into a career field that you think you'll love, only to discover that the hours of training and years of debt have drained any love for the subject you might once have felt.
    But, you keep trudging on hoping that maybe the next evolution will be a bad ass gorilla with a massive drum set.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    SilverWindKayne Red RobeEmerlmaster999never diemageormike
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i did meet some of the most insufferable people but, they also met meRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    now that i've done it three days in a row i'm gonna briefly advertise that i am rating every pokemon in the galar pokedex over on twitter

Awww I love thwackey, I think its an amazing middle form

you don't rate to make friends

UUgbyO3.png
    Emerlmaster999initiatefailurenever die
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Being able to alter natures and IVs is an amazing thing and I cannot wait to get my old pal shiny Kingler to sword and shield.

One question I have for this - when it says Hyper Trained! on the stat, that doesn't have any mechanical difference from a natural Best, right? It just means that if I were to breed it, it would not pass the IV down?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »

One question I have for this - when it says Hyper Trained! on the stat, that doesn't have any mechanical difference from a natural Best, right? It just means that if I were to breed it, it would not pass the IV down?

Correct. It makes it only makes it a 31 fer fightin. As far as I can tell ability capsule is the only modification that actually modifies the Mon. The nature mints don't actually change the natures which can mess you up if you use the berries that heal or confuse based on nature

I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I wish I could hit B and re-pick my raid mon if I accidentally pick one.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Kayne Red Robe
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    man, this is the first pokemon game that's making me want to try and put together a competitive team. but i am also so incredibly intimidated to even try real fights, there's like 20 years of vocabulary/tactics that I do not know at all

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    man, this is the first pokemon game that's making me want to try and put together a competitive team. but i am also so incredibly intimidated to even try real fights, there's like 20 years of vocabulary/tactics that I do not know at all

Try using some rental teams for a bit. I feel like there's less pressure to win when you're borrowing a team. And don't worry too hard about strategies, just try and guess what type move they will do and switch. You can't predict every crazy strategy but whatever.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King scuz me ur under dog arrest Registered User regular
    Oh so the previous tcg news of fairy no longer being typed they're also adding a new frame element and will slowly phase out uh every old set that isn't sword and shield

So if ya wanna roll for some cool gx card art the sun and moon elite trainer boxes should be heavily discounted at Walmart now since they seem to be pushing the new set hardish

icGJy2C.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh so the previous tcg news of fairy no longer being typed they're also adding a new frame element and will slowly phase out uh every old set that isn't sword and shield

So if ya wanna roll for some cool gx card art the sun and moon elite trainer boxes should be heavily discounted at Walmart now since they seem to be pushing the new set hardish

Confirmed: The Galar region is artificial.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Volcaregular Registered User regular
    Frame element?

Jimothy
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King scuz me ur under dog arrest Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/changes-coming-to-the-pokemon-tcg-with-sword-shield/
    You may notice that cards from the Sword & Shield Series have a white box containing a letter in the bottom-left corner (for example, all cards in the Sword & Shield expansion have a “D” mark). This is called a regulation mark, and it will be used in the future to determine which cards are legal to use in tournament play. For example, there might be a point in time when only cards with a “D” regulation mark can be used in the Standard format. This change will get more attention in the future, but for now, just take note that it's there.

literally will only matter if you play standard, its the set marking from magic really they just haven't used something so noticable before? I dunno its just with the fairy and weakness changes they are probably gonna reprint stuff

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    KwoaruDarkPrimusRorshach KringleLucedesAndy JoeEmerlmaster999never die
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Losing it at Orphon

I’ll never forget the issue of Pokémon Power that described an in-game trade of a Kung Foo for a Spectre

Andy JoeThe Escape Goat
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Orphon is the name in japan still I believe

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg