As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I have a Wooper, Wooloo, and Yamper on my team now so that's half my team already locked down.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Woo Woo Yam is my favourite Chinese cello player

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Woo Woo Yam in position.

It's showtime, girls.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I might cycle Boltund back into my team now that I got the Thunder and Fire Fang TMs

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Just give me a Milcery god damn it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Got im

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    What do people think of the Mystery Gift Meowth? Is the Dynamax ability legit useful or would I be better off having someone evolve it to Persian for me?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's very tall and that means it is powerful and sexy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Prolly worth holding onto, using it, with an amulet coin, and the g-max payday 3 times during the elite four standin gives you like 100k per battle.

Also, I'm not sure if it can evolve tbh, I don't think the giga Pikachu or Eevee can.

If you want a Persian there's a kid that trades a Kanto Meowth for a galarian one.

Kanden on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Butler wrote: »
    What do people think of the Mystery Gift Meowth? Is the Dynamax ability legit useful or would I be better off having someone evolve it to Persian for me?

its gmax move + amulet coin is tops for grinding cashola postgame

it cant evolve

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Yeah it is not a capital C Competitive pokemon, but it is functional and useful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

it cant evolve

I'd heard you could have it evolved by trading to older Pokemon games, levelling it to 28 and then trading back

but if that means losing the money generation ability then maybe I won't

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

it cant evolve

I'd heard you could have it evolved by trading to older Pokemon games, levelling it to 28 and then trading back

but if that means losing the money generation ability then maybe I won't

Probably easier to just trade the PC for the other regular meowth

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Is there even a way to trade to older games yet?

• Options
    Hell yes Eevees started appearing in the overworld! Got me a breeding paaaair.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    sidequest
    ...just delivered a letter from a dead child to an old man...

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Man, either I'm having rotten luck or GMax Pokemon are a pain in the butt to catch. I've fought over a dozen of them at this point and not caught one yet. Granted, I was using Great Balls on several of them because I don't have Ultra Balls for sale yet, but still.

Do Dusk Balls work in Raids? I suppose I could hunt down a source for them instead.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Man, either I'm having rotten luck or GMax Pokemon are a pain in the butt to catch. I've fought over a dozen of them at this point and not caught one yet. Granted, I was using Great Balls on several of them because I don't have Ultra Balls for sale yet, but still.

Do Dusk Balls work in Raids? I suppose I could hunt down a source for them instead.

GMax are just a huge pain in the ass to catch, even with Ultra Balls I'm like 1 out of 6 on catching them.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »

GMax are just a huge pain in the ass to catch, even with Ultra Balls I'm like 1 out of 6 on catching them.

Use repeat balls, seeing as they count the same as the normal versions.

• Options
    Gmax mad lads are very clearly meant to be something you spend some time hunting, particularly if you want perfect ones.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but raid Pokémon always have 4-5 perfect IVs

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Made it to Wyndon for the Championship, here's my team
    Rillaboom
    Corvaknight
    Runeagrigus
    Galarian Rapidash
    Falinks
    Centiskorch

Could use some better options for coverage against fire types, but these are my friends, we're sticking together.

• Options
    Gen I fossil pokemon: Inspired by Jurassic Park

Gen VIII fossil pokemon: Inspired by Jurassic World

• Options
    btw I got an Arctozolt today and you better believe I named it Coldsaur.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Having felt it myself and heard it from others around the Internet, I'm pretty much convinced that there is a steep catch rate penalty if your current Pokemon is lower level than the thing you're trying to catch. Like I'll blow 10 Great Balls and only hit the second bounce one once when it's 17 vs. 24, but catch on the first throw when I swap to my level 25, no change in HP or status.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Having felt it myself and heard it from others around the Internet, I'm pretty much convinced that there is a steep catch rate penalty if your current Pokemon is lower level than the thing you're trying to catch. Like I'll blow 10 Great Balls and only hit the second bounce one once when it's 17 vs. 24, but catch on the first throw when I swap to my level 25, no change in HP or status.

I'm pretty sure this is explicitly said somewhere in game. Some npc says it to you, 99% sure

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is explicitly said somewhere in game. Some npc says it to you, 99% sure

Yeah, I can’t remeber where but they do. This also makes sense with G-max because a 5star G is lvl 70, but they start appearing once you have a 50-60ish team.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Is there even a way to trade to older games yet?

No, because that would allow the pokemon that were cut to be added into swsh.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Usually there's no trading between gens

Instead they'll have some method of transferring stuff from older gens that isn't trading

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You'll be able to transfer from older games once Pokemon Home is out next year

But only the mons that are in the game files

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Do you have a source for this? I can’t find one, and I want to share it with my more skeptical poke friends to help them making teams.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    How do you tell if IVs are good or not?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Get a few wins in battle tower and it unlocks the IV checker in the Pokémon boxes. It'll tell you when it's unlocked.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    One thought: What if IVs just increased the EV cap for a stat? (And then increase total EV cap)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Get a few wins in battle tower and it unlocks the IV checker in the Pokémon boxes. It'll tell you when it's unlocked.

Battle Tower is post credits?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Someone should donate a Corsola to me later after I am out of work

I can provide Sobble eggs, or Farfetch'd

Maddoc on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    never die wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

Do you have a source for this? I can’t find one, and I want to share it with my more skeptical poke friends to help them making teams.

It seems to be tied to raid tier like 3 star should be 3 perfects?

I've noticed a few 4 iv mons from 5 star raids though so it seems like it can be 5iv but is only guaranteed to be at least 4iv

I have a box of 4 iv mons and only 3 5 iv ones so it's rare but possible. In theory 6 can happen right but the last one would just be the natural odds of 1/31 I'd assume.

I haven't seen anyone write up on it though and the pokecenter article just tells you generically that raid mons have good stats

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Battle Tower is post credits?

yes there's a lot to do postgame btw

like a TON more story than the main game had