As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm taking my time with this game and trying to level up Mons for use in each gym. Honestly, the battles with recurring opponent xharacters are tougher than the gyms because you haven't encountered any of their Pokemon in the wild yet.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    dont get me wrong, I'm still gonna breed an appletun because it is my precious fruit friend and make the best of it

but its definitely underwhelming

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dragapult is excellent

breaks ferropex/corsola cores

shadow ball thunderbolt fire blast and dragon darts is a powerful mixed moveset

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Ugh I am stuck after just arriving in Hammerlocke.

Not because of anything in the game, mind. It's because my mind refuses to let me settle on a team. And I know I COULD just make a hot-swappable team of 8, but when I've done that before I still end up with a team of 6 plus 2 that are way behind. My team right now:
    Raboot / Corvisquire / Roselia / Togetic / Barraskewda / Dottler

I want to focus on new Pokemon but it seems like all the ones I want to put on my team are physical attackers. And I mean, I know there's no reason I couldn't beat the game with a less than optimal team, my brain won't let me. I had the same problem in Three Houses: I spent more time trying to theorycraft a perfect team than I did actually playing the game. It's fun but it hurts?

I think the best way to solve this will be to just dig through the Dex and find every Pokemon I would like to use and then pick from there.

Anyway, question about Gigantamax:
    Other than giving a unique move, is there anything that the GMax form change does? Stat changes, etc? I think I might swap Togetic for Alcreamie, but I'm not sure if I should try to get one that can be a cake or get one that I myself can customize.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Yeah my team is all physical attackers except Toxicity due to a) only wanting to use new 'mons and b) having grass covered by my starter

I totally have to switch a few of those out.

@Terrendos If it helps the exp candies give HUGE boosts to levels and they're super quick to farm through raids. Using just XS candies, of which I had... maybe 60? I comfortably powerleveled my steel/dragon thing to my team's level... then did the same for Rapidash when I changed my mind on who I wanted. So rolling many 'mons is super easy and possible

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Weakness Policy max HP Dragon Dance Tyranitar is a hell of a sweeper behind Grimmsnarl's prankster screens

You can afford to stack multiple DDs and outspeed weather abusers/scarfers that would normally revenge you

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I feel like Court Swap or whatever the name of Scorbunny's special "I'm switching the conditions on both sides of the field" move is might end up being a really cool thing to have in some matches

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    My current theorycraft is using somebody to set up tailwind (I'm thinking one of Xatu [bulky + screens], Noivern [fast + strong supporting damage], or Cottonee [no, really, this IS going off first]) to set up into banded Dracovish slaughtering people with a base 170 power water move.

But I haven't touched comp Pokémon in ages, I've never done comp doubles, and the things Beasteh is saying are making me physically sick, so I don't know how far down that road I'll go.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    People are going to just spam the most egregiously broken bullshit that they can because it wins games with zero effort required

Such is competitive

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Thank god Blissey was Thanos Snapped.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I just got this and I got a free meowth?
    That's cool.
    Hop is the most annoying rival I can remember.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't follow competitive metas and such, I just play with the coolest mons and that I need me an apple dragon to love forever and be friends with my baby goblin

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Flapple has a coverage problem, too. It at least gets An offtype option in acrobatics, but I'll DD with it and my opp switches to Corviknight and I look at my movelist and cry.

Lategame story:
    This even whacked me in single player since Rose and his lackeys are effectively a Steel gym. Had to bench Flapple for Stunfisk, was was easily the MVP of the climax.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If I had realized Grookey can learn False Swipe, and subsequently also learned that so few things now learn False Swipe, I probably would have picked it for my starter on that merit alone

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    People are going to just spam the most egregiously broken bullshit that they can because it wins games with zero effort required

Such is competitive

I'm curious what it would look like without Dynamax.

• Options
    It would look like stall

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If I had realized Grookey can learn False Swipe, and subsequently also learned that so few things now learn False Swipe, I probably would have picked it for my starter on that merit alone

Theres a TM For it in Motowhatever. But yeah my big gorilla knows it now and its wonderful.

By the by, are there any mons people would like that a person with Sword could get them? Let me be your Pokeguy!

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Yeah my team is all physical attackers except Toxicity due to a) only wanting to use new 'mons and b) having grass covered by my starter

I totally have to switch a few of those out.

Terrendos If it helps the exp candies give HUGE boosts to levels and they're super quick to farm through raids. Using just XS candies, of which I had... maybe 60? I comfortably powerleveled my steel/dragon thing to my team's level... then did the same for Rapidash when I changed my mind on who I wanted. So rolling many 'mons is super easy and possible

I appreciate the advice. I tried those put last night and yeah they're nice, but until I figure out how to give my team some EVs too it's not an ideal solution.

After some thought during lunch and throwing a few team ideas on paper, I think my best so far is

Cinderace
    Falinks
    Runerigus
    Duraludon
    Roserade/Toxtricity
    Togekiss/Alcremie

Using Roserade and Togekiss give me some seriously annoying tactics with paraflinch and Toxic Leech Seed, but the others would mean a full team of newbies.

The lack of Water types is still kind of freaking me out though. I know that it's not important anymore since there's no HMs, but it's going to take some getting used to.

• Options
    Barraskewda is my son and you will give them the respect they deserve

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Well I saw credits. Now that I beat the main story with just brand new pokemon it's time to take a look at the entire dex available and start figuring out a team to take the Battle Tower on with.

I've never really engaged with any post-game content in a pokemon game before so this will be interesting to see how it goes.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »

Theres a TM For it in Motowhatever. But yeah my big gorilla knows it now and its wonderful.

By the by, are there any mons people would like that a person with Sword could get them? Let me be your Pokeguy!

I need a farfetched wielding a leek sword in order to live. It's a devastating medical condition.

But I'll be largely unavailable for a week and my neighbor with Sword is supposed to be getting me one.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I was running around the wild area and got a note saying something like the wild wandering pokemon are very strong, watch out.
    So here I am with six pokemon around level 18, whereas all the wild pokemon I've seen so far were 5-7.

Fought a wandering Onyx. Level 26.
    Ummm. I was taken by surprise.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, in the Wild Area if you see Pokemon outside the tall grass, they're generally stronger (and visually larger) than the regular mons in the vicinity. If it says they're "very strong looking" that's also the general message for any mon that is high enough level for it to be literally impossible to catch with your current number of Gym badges. It's not exclusive to those randos, but it's the main place you'll see it for a good while.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There is a Diggersby nearish there that is level 15ish which is one of the few wandering big mons low enough to capture but it's still a rough fight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Also, why would you ever catch a diggersby

• Options
    Is there any reason to save xp candies? It doesn't seem like it?

• Options
    Because I did not yet have one and blank spaces in my pokedex can not be abided, my Bunnyby was really low level. By capturing it, it became for a time my highest level mon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Well I saw credits. Now that I beat the main story with just brand new pokemon it's time to take a look at the entire dex available and start figuring out a team to take the Battle Tower on with.

I've never really engaged with any post-game content in a pokemon game before so this will be interesting to see how it goes.

Is Durant is available for the usual cheese?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »

Is Durant is available for the usual cheese?

Durant is available, though you'd need to get a hold of one with its hidden ability to pull of the cheese.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options

I have the TM, the problem is that nothing can learn it anymore

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I feel like Court Swap or whatever the name of Scorbunny's special "I'm switching the conditions on both sides of the field" move is might end up being a really cool thing to have in some matches

omega galaxybrain: let the opponent set sticky web then switch in malamar for the speed boost and go off

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I taught it to my haxorus, but I don't think you can find axew until the desert area on the way to stow-on-side? It's not super late but it is the back half of the gym challenge

It was just the first mon I saw I had when I googled to find out who could use it

• Options
    edited November 2019
    My highest level is 22 raboot, came across a level 29 ghastly. I got it down to low red hp and tried to throw a great ball.
    The game wouldn't let me.
    I cried.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    man its really fucked up what this new darmanitan can do to you

g-darmanitan, toxtricity, and grimmsnarl are probably my 3 favorites for normal use. not sure if tox is going to end up good or not but I love its design, the other 2 I love the design and also they seem good

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Are the servers still borked? I'm having no one join on like 20 minutes of attempts at different spots

• Options
    Huh, wonder if there's a major provider outage, as Destiny 2 has been down all day too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I have the TM, the problem is that nothing can learn it anymore

@Maddoc if you can wait until like tomorrow, I can get you a baby grass Grookey

• Options
    edited November 2019
    That would be rad!

I can probably provide some baby Sobbles

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I am desirous of a hasty dreepy

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is there any reason to save xp candies? It doesn't seem like it?

I save them for when I want to bring a new mon onto the team and level it up to the rest of my team instantly

KGMvDLc.jpg?1