As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokémon] Scorbunnies and Shedinja: Hatching Dreepy 1000 times

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Breeding question:
    I have an Alolan Marowak and a Brave Ditto. I'm trying to get a Brave Alolan Cubone.

From what I've read, I should be able to put an Everstone on both parents and have a 50% for either nature + a 50% chance for the regional form, correct? I've only hatched four Cubone so far, but they have all been Brave and non-Alolan so I want to be sure I'm just hitting a string of bad luck and not messing something up

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I may be wrong, but I think pokemon like Cubone never count as "alolan"

So the only way to get alolan Marowak is from the Diglett guy or transfer from gen 7 through Home

If you have one you want to make Brave, you can use a Brave Mint

If you want to fix its IVs you have to level it to 100 and use bottle caps to hyper train it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I think pokemon like Cubone never count as "alolan"

So the only way to get alolan Marowak is from the Diglett guy or transfer from gen 7 through Home

If you have one you want to make Brave, you can use a Brave Mint

If you want to fix its IVs you have to level it to 100 and use bottle caps to hyper train it

Arrrgh okay thank you

The parent is already set for IVs so I just gotta reset the EVs (thanks, Isle of Armor!) And change its nature.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I finished the story of Isle of Armour

Overall I liked it quite a bit! Wasn't especially long or difficult, but the writing was genuinely funny with some cool moments, and I like the new characters a lot.

Mustard's backstory is a lot, hopefully the anime will show it.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I heard there was a Legendary available now by using Pokemon Home. I moved a Pokemon from my Sword game into Home and the one Home had already inside of it over to Sword like I was told I was needed to do. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do for it to appear in Home?

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I heard there was a Legendary available now by using Pokemon Home. I moved a Pokemon from my Sword game into Home and the one Home had already inside of it over to Sword like I was told I was needed to do. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do for it to appear in Home?

Check your Mystery Gifts.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »

Check your Mystery Gifts.

Thanks. Yeah, turns out this only exists on the mobile version of Home too instead of the Switch version which is weird but oh well.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pokemon Home is pretty badly designed, as it turns out!

It is very useful though.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/CIxj6cUMm7M

Twilight Wings has been very adorable.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    New Sword and Shield news dropping in a bit over 4 hours, I'm eager for news on Crown Tundra

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Oct 22nd release.
    p1kachuget for Ash Hat pikachu.
    Home/Go connectivity by end of year.
    Free melmetal gigantamax (switch), free melmetal (go).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Crown Tundra is going to make every legendary from prior games available, and introduce the Galarian Star Tournament. The tournament is a double-battles thing where you pair with another trainer from SWSH's story to do double battles against other random pairings of SWSH trainers/champions.

It's not exactly the return of the PWT that I've wanted for years, but it's closer than we've got since Black2/White2.

Strangely, while I do think that all the Legendaries returning is cool, I also don't care overmuch about catching all the legendaries. I think it's because of the way that lots of them are in their own tier for PVP.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Crown tundra sounds sweet, I think I burned myself out too hard on the base game though. I didnt touch the first DLC after doing hundreds of hours of competitive and shiny breeding/grinding

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    If only I was qualified or vaguely understood those roles

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    What I gather is that Python means a new snake pokemon

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    React is the de facto standard Javascript library for handling events on web pages (insofar as web tech ever has a de facto standard). Where you find Java in use tends to be backend servers to web pages. Python is multifunctional, but these days I always hear about it being the tool of choice for data scientists. Sounds like these positions are for a web site and customer analytics to me.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    React is the de facto standard Javascript library for handling events on web pages (insofar as web tech ever has a de facto standard). Where you find Java in use tends to be backend servers to web pages. Python is multifunctional, but these days I always hear about it being the tool of choice for data scientists. Sounds like these positions are for a web site and customer analytics to me.

Pokedexes are big data

• Options
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayIZaCMKpYE

Here's the video. Nice, I was expecting November but I'll take late October. That music video was fun too.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Just wanted to make absolute certain this was posted here:

https://youtu.be/BoZ0Zwab6Oc

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    It's so good. A celebration of the entire series with one of the best directors in anime and a fantastic band. There are so many tiny little details in there.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I just picked up a switch and it came in today. I really like a lot of things about sns. I dont get all the hate they get. But i also play mtg and am used to basically Standard rotation. So not having a full dex doesnt bother me.

Its crazy the variety available right from the start. Like i got a snow warning snover in the first wild area. I was really disappointed i couldnt catch that 31 haunter i found though. But my lvl 9 squirrel bit it to death while immune to all its ghost attacks and my whole team gained 4-5 levels.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I just picked up a switch and it came in today. I really like a lot of things about sns. I dont get all the hate they get. But i also play mtg and am used to basically Standard rotation. So not having a full dex doesnt bother me.

Its crazy the variety available right from the start. Like i got a snow warning snover in the first wild area. I was really disappointed i couldnt catch that 31 haunter i found though. But my lvl 9 squirrel bit it to death while immune to all its ghost attacks and my whole team gained 4-5 levels.

My issues were mostly ones involving the plot and the lack of difficulty. The lack of National Dex didn't bother me too much.

• Options
    SS seemed very geared towards getting people ready for the meta game as fast as possible

• Options
    So when i wa running around the wild area offline the light pillars are everywhere but online theyre all empty. Is it pretty much always better to be offline so i can collect watts?

• Options
    So when i wa running around the wild area offline the light pillars are everywhere but online theyre all empty. Is it pretty much always better to be offline so i can collect watts?

It shouldn't matter, pillars don't refresh until the next day unless you toss a wishing star in them. I do my collection offline though because the frame rate suffers in the Wild Area while online.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

You probably missed a pillar somewhere. They come back after you clear all the currently active ones.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So is there a website discord or subreddit for info on vgc format/online battles? Everything im finding is from usum era or just giving the current rules. More curious about building teams and how to set up pokemon

• Options
    What's the best way to get an Egg from Pokemon Sun to Pokemon Ultra Moon? I bred up a special Pokemon to do a replay of Ultra Moon but I'd rather the Pokemon belong to my trainer rather than imported via Bank.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sun and UM are same Gen so if you have 2x 3DS you can trade between them. Otherwise Bank is the only way.

And I haven't done egg trades but I'm pretty sure you can do a simple trade with an egg.

Chall on
  • Options
    Chall wrote: »
    Sun and UM are same Gen so if you have 2x 3DS you can trade between them. Otherwise Bank is the only way.

And I haven't done egg trades but I'm pretty sure you can do a simple trade with an egg.

Yeah, I know you can do it with a pair of 3DSes. I was hoping for an alternative, since I only have the one.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I think the 3DS GTS system was taken offline but I don't know if direct internet trades are still possible without the GTS

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    If it's still up, Terrendos, I'd be happy to break out my copy of Ultra Sun to facilitate a trade!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    I just did a wonder trade in UM and it seems like it works. Are you available tomorrow around 9PM EST?

• Options
    @Terrendos I am! Leeeemme grab my 3DS and have it ready <3

signature.png
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Terrendos I am! Leeeemme grab my 3DS and have it ready <3

Hey Silver, looks like I still have your FC (assuming it's 0473-7774-3652), if not, let me know. Mine's 2766-8073-5014.

Do you need anything? I had basically a full Living Dex in UM that I transferred to Bank before I deleted my save.

• Options
    @Terrendos I don't need anything! And yes, that's my code. :D

I have the game now and am... figuring out how to do this trading online, haha

signature.png
  • Options
    Remember when you wanted to trade with friends but if you made a request and they also made a request you would just time out waiting for the other person to accept, because you'd never see their notice?

signature.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, @SilverWind . Got my genetically near-perfect Litwick with Clear Smog ready to hatch, thanks to you!