As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scorpions and Shujenga: Tabletop Games Folded 1000 Times

19495969798100»

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    1. Fuck anything.
    2. Care a lot about this place they’re from even if it sucks.
    3. Destroy themselves recreationally.
    4. 25% chance they can do a kickflip.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    1. Fuck anything.
    2. Care a lot about this place they’re from even if it sucks.
    3. Destroy themselves recreationally.
    4. 25% chance they can do a kickflip.

I think my favorite version of "humans being special" is, basically, that we're absurdly reckless. Like, we go into space and meet a species that goes

aliens: so yeah we evolved in a low-atmosphere environment so our bodies our built to survive being constantly bombarded by solar radiation which makes it safe for us to go into space. What about you?
    humans: we wrap ourselves in plastic
    aliens: what?
    humans: and some other shit I guess I don't really know
    aliens: does that work?
    humans: *shrug*

admanb on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    My Humans ended up looking like this:
    Humans
    The dominant race of Eberron, humans are originally from the continent of Sarlona but migrated westward nearly 4,000 years ago arriving in the region now known as The Lhazaar Principalities. Over the next century humans spread across the face of Khorvaire establishing settlements that would later evolve into what are now known as the Five Nations. Humans possess four of the thirteen dragonmarks. Because of this they have established themselves as one of the most powerful races in Khorvaire. Humans also seem to be exceptionally adept and skilled at learning all manner of trades from blacksmith to anthropologist to fate-tempting adventurers; humans demonstrate a proficiency in anything they set themselves to. While they don't meet the high standards of dwarven or elven craftsmanship, or the fortitude of the half-orcs or even the multifarious talents of the gnomes they more than make up for their lack of individual strength with a versatility that is second to none.

Human Features
    -- Ability Score Increase: One ability score of your choice increases by 1 (your choice).
    -- Age. Humans reach adulthood in their late teens and live less than a century.
    -- Alignment. Humans tend toward no particular alignment. The best and the worst are found among them.
    -- Size. Humans vary widely in height and build, from barely 5 feet to well over 6 feet tall. Regardless of your position in that range, your size is Medium.
    -- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
    -- Defiant: Humans are known to be stubborn and often refuse to give up, even against the worst odds. You can add a d4 to a skill check or saving throw, after rolling but before you know the outcome. You must then finish a short or long rest before you can use this feature again.
    -- Khorvaire Upbringing: Based on your home within Khorvaire (or elsewhere) you have grown up with particular talents.
    ---- Aundair: Thanks to upstanding arcane education, you know one cantrip from the Wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for this spell.
    ---- Breland: Roguish and crafty, you are proficient in one skill or tool of your choice and have expertise in it as well.
    ---- Cyre: The former industries of Cyre taught you to enhance your work via magic, you know one ritual spell from the Wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for this spell.
    ---- Karrnath: Through forced military conscription, you are proficient in light and medium armor.
    ---- Thrane: Theological devotion has shined on you, you know one cantrip from the Cleric spell list. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this spell.
    ---- Elsewhere: Be it a childhood the beaches of Stormfront or with the Dwarves of the Mror Holds, you have picked up a regional talent. You are proficient in one skill and one language of your choice.
    -- Versatile Training: You gain proficiency in one skill, one tool, and one weapon of your choice.
    -- Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language of your choice.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yo. Someone start a new thread, then link it here.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    New thread, barebones OP. Let me know if y'all want anything specific in it

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/236452/tabletop-games-are-rad/p1?new=1

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This took me three minutes. Overall, its pretty easy to break up ability score increases from races.
    Class Ability Score Increases
    Starting at first level you apply ability score increases as chosen through the combination of your race, background, and the class your character has for their first character level. Any such combinations are allowed, with the only provision being the prohibition of increasing any single ability score by +3.

Artificer
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Intelligence increases by 1 (your choice).
    Barbarian
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution increases by 1 (your choice).
    Bard
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Cleric
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Druid
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Fighter
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution increases by 1 (your choice).
    Monk
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Paladin
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Strength, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Ranger
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Constitution, or Wisdom increases by 1 (your choice).
    Rouge
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Sorcerer
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Warlock
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution, Intelligence, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).
    Wizard
    -- Ability Score Increase: Your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma increases by 1 (your choice).

This is basically the 13th Age treatment. With the added bonus that, with the standard array, it strongly encourages splitting the bonuses to +2/+1, so you get all even numbers.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
This discussion has been closed.