As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Some trees camouflage themselves so they can ambush unsuspecting prey:

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

oh fuck now the abominable snowman is going to catch him

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

We call those Snow Ghosts, they actually look pretty when you can see them. ( which most of the time, you can't until you expose it with your face like above)
    7d3b491f950db1444f7dd5267839ac53.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Sound on

Apparently this is Bonecruncher the crocodile. The guy in the hat led him to food after the croc lost an eye and part of it's jaw somehow. This article has more details and a couple instagram videos.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

From what I've read that wave specifically is very large but generally pretty shallow angled so it's more like getting in an avalanche than getting powerbombed by a wrestler.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2020
    Dammit, accidental post

tynic on
  • Options

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    me irl:

V2Ctnng.gif

• Options

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Shouldn't do that

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    For a moment I thought it was going to zoom out and show that she was balancing on a ball or something

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I figured we'd see all the blades land point-first into the ground.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Shouldn't do that

you can tell from the look on her face that it's a bad idea

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think the most dangerous juggling act I've seen someone do was Penn Gillette taking three different sized wine bottles and having members of the audience break the bottoms off. All three of them were drastically different weight with different balancing and he managed to do it without nicking himself.

• Options

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I think the most dangerous juggling act I've seen someone do was Penn Gillette taking three different sized wine bottles and having members of the audience break the bottoms off. All three of them were drastically different weight with different balancing and he managed to do it without nicking himself.

I know Penn's an amazing juggler, but I would also point out that he doesn't believe it is ethical to make the audience complicit in dangerous magic acts. So while it may have looked dangerous, I wouldn't be surprised if the bottles were rigged to break in a certain way and not actually be dangerous.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I know Penn's an amazing juggler, but I would also point out that he doesn't believe it is ethical to make the audience complicit in dangerous magic acts. So while it may have looked dangerous, I wouldn't be surprised if the bottles were rigged to break in a certain way and not actually be dangerous.

yea, I would imagine they were some formulation of sugar glass with scores. Bottles are fucking hard to break and a real glass one can shatter and spray glass everywhere.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Actually in 2007 he cut his thumb real bad after a broken bottle juggling incident

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Sound. Gives a bit of info about the process of making coconut milk.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

I quite liked Michael Davis, who introduced a somewhat similar act with the words "I'm going to kick the axe into the air... throw the cleaver... throw the sword... and run like hell."

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

not the same without a Finnish accent

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Sound on for Silly Goose:

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm getting motion sickness just watching.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm sure it's safe, but I'm terrified for their ankles anyway.

cB557 on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I would vomit no later than 5 seconds into that ride

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    And what a pretty parabola that would make.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

I wonder if those same bags would work well for juicing mulched apple for apple juice/cider.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    you get coconut milk from coconut titties

dunno what that machine is about

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Check out pip
    Doesn’t know what coconut titties look like after you’ve skinned them

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Check out pip
    Doesn’t know what coconut titties look like after you’ve skinned them

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I’ve seen at lest a boob

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Was it in the mirror?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Let's play "Spot the Meme"

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I’ve seen at lest a boob

So you and Houk met at a PAX?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I’ve seen at lest a boob

So you and Houk met at a PAX?

EXCUSE ME SIR

if he'd met me at a PAX he would have seen three boobs

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

• Options
    Aww yeah that’s the stuff

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I just feel bad seeing things like that unless I know they're a douche.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Doesn't look like too bad a spill, all things considered? Looks like he took the impact on the wall with his arms instead of his face or anysuch, and I don't think he banged his head on the way down, either. I'd think he's probably mostly bruised, with some nasty scrapes on his hands? Then again I have nearly no experience with injuries so I basically just made everything I just said up.