As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Baseball's current CBA is increasingly being revered as bad for the players and is likely going to lead to a major showdown soon. Also they exploit the shit out of minor league players

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno why they aren’t adding a second bye if they go to 17 games; seems like such a no brainer

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Russ ain’t so bad.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Wait...this CBA they're voting on runs until 2031?

So...you have a league primarily made up of guys with 3 year careers voting on the futures of kids still in grade school? Fuck that BS.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Baseball's current CBA is increasingly being revered as bad for the players and is likely going to lead to a major showdown soon. Also they exploit the shit out of minor league players

The minor league stuff is terrible. Jerking around clear MLB starters in April to squeeze an extra year out of their rookie contract is terrible. Colluding to force contracts down and keeping all-stars unsigned until the all-star break is not only stupid but also pretty clearly illegal.

MLB players are still so far ahead of where NFL guys are though...

I feel like Aaron might just fuck off to a beach house when he retires, but maybe...I feel like he might have a lot of passion for political stuff that he’s holding back while an active player...

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

The MLB and NBA unions sometimes get the worse deal because sometimes they don't foresee where the revenue grows. They win some, they lose some, but they live on to fight for another CBA because they have the strength to live through a lockout because they have guaranteed contracts. The NFL players do not have that fall back and until they find a way to get it back they will always come out the loser in their negotiations.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    I feel like Aaron might just fuck off to a beach house when he retires, but maybe...I feel like he might have a lot of passion for political stuff that he’s holding back while an active player...

I'm originally, born and raised, from the state of Indiana.

To this is not a, 100% truth, about the region, but if you come across as, educated , there is a hidden, disdain for that.

The , Packers , that annoyed me to end, where the Farve era Packers, were, and still are, heavily worshipped. Contrast that, to the Rodgers lead Packers, there is a lot of disdain towards Aaron, including a few, OG Packers fans, that hate Aaron's intelligence. Being raised in California, also is another prejudice, that the Midwest, in general, have against people, as intelligent as Rodgers.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maaaan... Those commas are fucking with my head.

edited February 2020

I went over board, because my mind crossed the streams, thinking this was D&D and not SE.

I was abused by grammar Dicks me whole life , yo.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

I went over board, because my mind crossed the streams, thinking this was D&D and not SE.

I was abused by grammar Dicks me whole life , yo.

I'm not judging. It was just messing with me.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I am

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Those first two sentences should have exactly zero commas.

And yet there are eight.

• PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    Look, just read it in a William Shatner voice.

Perdurabo wrote: »
    Look, just read it in a William Shatner voice.

It works!

Apparently Rivers to the Colts is happening.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    How is the NFLPA so fucking bad at this.

Sure, you get money in the short-term, which is good for players unequivocally

But then you get fucked in the long-term. Not even the far long-term!
    Apparently Rivers to the Colts is happening.

Rivers -> Colts
    Brady -> Chargers?

Wait,

Apparently, Rivers, to the, Colts, is, happening,

Rivers’ throws do most closely resemble the wounded ducks Manning was throwing at the end there

edited February 2020
    Laser Face to the Colts?

In my veins!

Ticaldfjam on
    Colts fans are quivering, full of excitement

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Wait,

Apparently, Rivers, to the, Colts, is, happening,

This can also work with Christopher Walken's voice!

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Phillip Rivers does look like someone with a watch stuck up his ass for five years.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    How is the NFLPA so fucking bad at this.

Sure, you get money in the short-term, which is good for players unequivocally

But then you get fucked in the long-term. Not even the far long-term!

Because for a lot of players, all they have is the short term. NFL careers just aren't long enough to get players thinking for the future.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Not to be a broken record, but again it's the contracts. Most players don't think for the future because most of them can't afford to miss game checks. Some high level talent can get creditors to help them ride through a strike but half of the league would face bankruptcy if they missed games.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2020
    Garth Brooks, got RIPPED, online by Trump, supporters, because he wrote a, Barry, Sanders, jersey at a, show in Michigan, and they, all thought it, was, a, Bernie, Sanders, jersey.

I, guess from, when Bernie, was, a, running back, for the Lions

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    “Keep this in the back of your mind – with all the uncertainty surrounding Tom Brady, the New England Patriots are showing interest in soon to be free agent quarterback Marcus Mariota. The former first-round pick is being courted by several teams who may have an open competition at quarterback. I’m told the Indianapolis Colts have also shown interest in Mariota – just in case.” - profootballnetwork.com

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    oh my god if Brady signs elsewhere I won't even need to buy salt, I can just hold food outside the window to be seasoned. what a savings.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    oh my god if Brady signs elsewhere I won't even need to buy salt, I can just hold food outside the window to be seasoned. what a savings.

Your doctor does not approve of this level of salt in your diet.

Garth Brooks, got RIPPED, online by Trump, supporters, because he wrote a, Barry, Sanders, jersey at a, show in Michigan, and they, all thought it, was, a, Bernie, Sanders, jersey.

I, guess from, when Bernie, was, a, running back, for the Lions

One of Barry Sanders’s backups ended up working for me briefly about 10 years ago...

...because a guy with 4 years’ NFL experience who backed up Barry Sanders needed a job in a call center after getting a knee injury...

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think it’s unrealistic to expect the NFLPA to behave like the MLBPA or the NBAPA simply because they have so many more members, non-guaranteed contracts, and such a huge disparity in compensation between the majority of players and the top 10-25%.

It’s why the stuff that the big names care about (such as the franchise tag) will never get addressed. Very few players are ever affected by it. But an increase in the minimum salary, or backing off on marijuana, makes a huge difference to a lot of players.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited February 2020
    I know I'm , late to the party so to say.

But I am honestly, enjoying the burns from Rajin and the rest of ye crew, here on SE.

Had'nt laughed at myself that hard for years. Cheers to you all!

Ticaldfjam on
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    “Keep this in the back of your mind – with all the uncertainty surrounding Tom Brady, the New England Patriots are showing interest in soon to be free agent quarterback Marcus Mariota. The former first-round pick is being courted by several teams who may have an open competition at quarterback. I’m told the Indianapolis Colts have also shown interest in Mariota – just in case.” - profootballnetwork.com

LOFL.

Look, I love Marcus, but Both the Pats and Colts, want him, over say Jalen Hurts?

Lol at Bob and Jim. Are they sharing the same drugs?

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    This 320 lb Iowa OT ran a 4.86 40 and had a 36.5" vertical jump at the combine today. Goddamn.

(Tom Brady ran a 5.28 at about half that weight)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
This discussion has been closed.