Options

[Star Wars] Elan Sleazebaggano went home and became a family man

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    My current beef with Fallen Order is how much of a pain in the ass it is to get back to the Swamp of Sacrifice to 100% it.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Well whys that then

Corellians in military service

Wasn't he in pilot academy or something and got kicked out?

for assaulting an officer trying to beat chewbacca, yeah. the trilogy from the 90's goes into a lot more detail in an effort to tie all of the EU canon together that had been put out, even the Adventures trilogy from the 80's

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    maybe my bad memory but doesn't rebels hit a point towards the end where they aren't killing people anymore? like, whole lot of knockouts going on.

but also this cartoon talk reminded me, isn't resistance a thing?
    edit: oh hey apparently s2 started in october

Yeah, the mandalore arc was very soft on the opposition. There's a chase sequence with a lot of people falling of and rolling around instead of getting shot like before in the show. It felt a bit jarring at the time.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Seems this thread doesn't let you leave without posting. Might as well post my appreciation for the mandalorian. Great show!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What's the worst monster in Fallen Order and why is it the Nydak Alpha

Nothing beats a giant spider that only appears via jump scare

Fuck that thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    What's the worst monster in Fallen Order and why is it the Nydak Alpha

Nothing beats a giant spider that only appears via jump scare

Fuck that thing

Yeah, the alpha was not a problem for me, fuck that albino spider though.

I really had very few deaths in the game on normal, though. Basically I died about ten times to oingo boingo, then didn’t die again until
    the ninth sister. Dodging charges in the game is one of the things that feels very finnicky and her double charge got me.

After that, I had so many stims that I never died again.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Nydaks pissed me off so much at first.

Taking the time to figure out their counter pattern just so I could completely no-sell them on every encounter was absolutely worth it. They go down real quick.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm amazed that Mandalorian ep 4 managed to
    make the profoundly, catastrophically doofy AT-ST into a genuinely ominous threat

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm amazed that Mandalorian ep 4 managed to
    make the profoundly, catastrophically doofy AT-ST into a genuinely ominous threat

Yeah that was fucking awesome. Not the first time that I felt this series is something great

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fallen Order boss fight on Dathomir
    Taron Malicos

what the fuck am I supposed to do here? I can't parry even his basic combo. if I'm lucky I can regular block a couple of them but I swear he's just ignoring that most of the time

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Rogue One is best Star Wars

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Fallen Order boss fight on Dathomir
    Taron Malicos

what the fuck am I supposed to do here? I can't parry even his basic combo. if I'm lucky I can regular block a couple of them but I swear he's just ignoring that most of the time
    Check your timing? I parried the shit out of him.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    You all weren't kidding about the finale of season 2 of Rebels.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    God damn it, do I need to watch rebel?

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

If you haven’t yet you should at least skim the Vader sequences and the Darth Maul death scene. It’s good shit.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

If you haven’t yet you should at least skim the Vader sequences and the Darth Maul death scene. It’s good shit.

Also they brought back Thrawn

• Options
    finished Fallen Order a little bit ago
    really enjoyed that! I doubt I'm motivated enough to go clean up collectibles in postgame though. not much point

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Has anyone remarked on this little easter egg from Mandalorian ep 3/ Empire Strikes Back?
    w4fsozg7die7.jpeg

Because I just watched ep 3 with the wife and had to explain why I laughed out loud, and now she thinks I'm a bigger nerd than she thought before. Which I didn't really think was possible.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Also they brought back Thrawn

And the TIE Defender

• Options
    Something I would like from a Fallen Order sequel
    make Nightsister Merrin playable
    Either as the only choice or a Dishonored 2 style choice up front, and keep the saber stuff for Cal and weird Nightsister magic for Merrin

She has kinda his same backstory but way more presence and charm, it's a shame she is in relatively little of this game

• Options
    One thing I will say against Rebels is that I HATE the design of lightsabers. They are SO thin.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Based on the two times I've seen one lit up so far, five episodes in, I actually really love it

They look like very thin rods of light that are surrounded by coronas, recalling how they looked from certain angles in Episode 4, which is still my favorite aesthetic wrt these laser swords

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Either as the only choice or a Dishonored 2 style choice up front, and keep the saber stuff for Cal and weird Nightsister magic for Merrin

She has kinda his same backstory but way more presence and charm, it's a shame she is in relatively little of this game
    That little smirk and look over her shoulder when she teased Greez about sacrificing his arm had more character and charisma in it than Cal’s entire story arc.

She’s so good

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

That little smirk and look over her shoulder when she teased Greez about sacrificing his arm had more character and charisma in it than Cal’s entire story arc.

She’s so good
    hey Greez? I like my steak rare

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

so hexen

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    reading this thread for mandalorian takes is really making it hard to not buy fallen order

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    reading this thread for mandalorian takes is really making it hard to not buy fallen order

Im tempted but I also hate EA so it evens out

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Spoiler for fallen order? Maybe? I haven't played it but saw a cringey ad
    nVLGKzo.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do wonder since I don't have Disney + will they release Mandalorian on dvd or whatever {I was going to use tape since dvd seems awkward}

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I’m watching Resistance now and it still feels very much in its like...youth show era but it’s still fun. All these shows have felt sort of like this to me at the start and they all sort themselves out.

Plus I’m like absorbing whatever Star Wars content I can right now I even started playing the old republic again lol

Which reminds me

I’ve got an audible credit, anyone with book recos? Was thinking maybe Thrawn but I know they just put out the TRoS prequel book or whatever

• Options
    I also started rebels having only seen the parts I mentioned before and I’m split. There are definitely aspects of this show that are kinda kidified. That the Mandalorian girl is decked out in pink armor and so little of it that she has curves is such a lame cop out of a move. The way the show handles Jedi and the Rebels in general though? Top notch.

How does this kessel rebellion work with the one is Solo? Is that place raided by rebels every few weeks?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I think she only has basic armor because shes young? The Mandalorian implies they earn their armor as they complete tasks

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    I’m watching Resistance now and it still feels very much in its like...youth show era but it’s still fun. All these shows have felt sort of like this to me at the start and they all sort themselves out.

Plus I’m like absorbing whatever Star Wars content I can right now I even started playing the old republic again lol

Which reminds me

I’ve got an audible credit, anyone with book recos? Was thinking maybe Thrawn but I know they just put out the TRoS prequel book or whatever

I really enjoyed both Thrawn and Resistance Reborn so you can't go wrong with either. Thrawn is a really interesting look inside the dude's head while still keeping him very weird and alien, while RR is more of a classic adventure, and also has Wedge Antilles

• Options
    I think she only has basic armor because shes young? The Mandalorian implies they earn their armor as they complete tasks

I’m early but she doesn’t seem to be playing by those rules at all. Either way that’s pretty clearly a cultural idea invented for Mandalorian and doesn’t justify her design at all. We all know why she is pink and wears just enough armor to show off her figure.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How could you possibly bring yourself to be so cynical about the hacky writing of a cynical toyetic merchandise venture

• Options

I’m early but she doesn’t seem to be playing by those rules at all. Either way that’s pretty clearly a cultural idea invented for Mandalorian and doesn’t justify her design at all. We all know why she is pink and wears just enough armor to show off her figure.

Her hair? Because her armor has paint but it iant pink

• Options

Her hair? Because her armor has paint but it iant pink

Her armor is pink.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mando ep 4 was very good

I think it has passed Rogue One as my favorite star wars jawn

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nnnnnnnope. Purple.

7mh073yv8foh.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.