As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Elan Sleazebaggano went home and became a family man

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, my Bounty Hunter isn't a good person, they actively kill people for money

My beef with Mako is
    It's frustrating to get "Mako disapproves" when I kill someone I'm being paid to kill

I don't kill for fun! I kill as part of the job!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I find most RPGs get much better when you completely ditch whatever morality score points system they use, and go with your gut.

It didn't work for the Good Place and it doesn't work in RPGs.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    But I need an outlet for my sadistic violent tendencies

I thought that's why you posted here. At least, they hurt me.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, my Bounty Hunter isn't a good person, they actively kill people for money

My beef with Mako is
    It's frustrating to get "Mako disapproves" when I kill someone I'm being paid to kill

weeellllllll a little of the first bit, to be honest

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    But I need an outlet for my sadistic violent tendencies

I thought that's why you posted here. At least, they hurt me.

Ypo dont know what pain is!!

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

My beef with Mako is

Since you were posting a lot about hk I thought I would let your know it took about 600 armor maintenance gifts to get him to level 50 for me just now ( the gift is bought from the bazaar on your faction fleet for 2 Jawa scrap, you get mountains of scrap disassembling gear that drops from the flash points ) . This is with the legacy bonus to gifts maxed.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/7AGvXqviRys

love it, so good

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

"why are Sith like this?"

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I find most RPGs get much better when you completely ditch whatever morality score points system they use, and go with your gut.

The worst is like Dishonored, which gives you a bunch of cool ways to kill guys and then gives you a worse ending for doing so

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    In more fun stuff, they have released some preview stuff of tROS novelization and we are treated to Kylo being super murder happy in his POV stuff, creating further dissonance between the movies, the comic, and statements by the writers.
    Kylo Ren, who knows what he's about? NO ONE.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Someone should ask George Lucas.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

The worst is like Dishonored, which gives you a bunch of cool ways to kill guys and then gives you a worse ending for doing so

You can kill some people. Just not all of them (something like 1/3rd, I think?)

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    And don't leave bodies for the rats to eat because that's a big chaos thing.

• Options
    Fantasy Flight is discontinuing their RPG line, so we are getting the ships and speeders book and probably nothing else after that.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Fantasy Flight is discontinuing their RPG line, so we are getting the ships and speeders book and probably nothing else after that.

Yeah my game group has been bummed at this development.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Watching Clone Wars

It's really impressive how much better the show starts to look even as season one progresses, I can't wait until it gets to looking really good

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

Yeah my game group has been bummed at this development.

I guess on the plus side, the game feels pretty “complete”. Every class has a supplement, there’s been a good selection of other books that cover the important things. The thing that’s lacking most is sequel trilogy content.

Still, this sucks. The worst part is that it’s already becoming difficult or expensive to get your hands on a lot of the books now, so that’s going to just get worse.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I had been hoping we'd get a ST-era sourcebook, alas.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I haven't.

At least not since TROS came out.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Watching Clone Wars

It's really impressive how much better the show starts to look even as season one progresses, I can't wait until it gets to looking really good
    The secret to almost every CG TV Show is that it will get better looking as it goes

The more libraries of props and characters and locations they build up the more time can be put into making shit look better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I haven't.

At least not since TROS came out.

That's why you make the sourcebook set just before the events of TFA.

• Options
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/star-wars-movie-jd-dillard-1203511055/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Variety has confirmed that a new Live Action Star Wars film is in the works from Director J.D. Dillard, who will be the first black filmmaker to helm a Star Wars project

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh man that guy did sleight

that movie rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I've been meaning to see it for a while

Kid saves his mom with sleight of hand trickery is very much my shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the villain is an evil drug dealer played by dule hill

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    .....shit

I gotta see if this is streaming anywhere, I got a movie to watch this weekend

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Poor guy keeps getting typecast as a pharmaceutical salesman, huh?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Help me, PA Forums; you're my only hope.

Is it Wedge Antilles' [foo], or Wedge Antilles's [foo]?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It's Wedge Antilles's unless you have multiple Wedges Antilles'

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Watching Clone Wars

The secret to almost every CG TV Show is that it will get better looking as it goes

The more libraries of props and characters and locations they build up the more time can be put into making shit look better

This became very clear as TMNT 2012 went on

But also I’m watching the new season premiere of Clone Wars and even having kind of seen the episode before from the story reel, it’s kind of amazing to see how much better it looks than the rest of the series has

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Watching Clone Wars

But also I’m watching the new season premiere of Clone Wars and even having kind of seen the episode before from the story reel, it’s kind of amazing to see how much better it looks than the rest of the series has

TMNT 2012 was an increasingly great looking animated series, that's very true.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Thanks, y’all!

I thought that was the right way, but, you know, “Jesus’” and “Thomas’”, etc.

snsj6f5yowuu.jpg

Ed: ... why does my phone keep doing that?

Ed2: Fuck it, email it to myself, and it works fine. shrug.gif

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    It's Wedge Antilles's unless you have multiple Wedges Antilles'

Unfortunately, that particular rule entirely depends on the style guide you happen to look at and they are not consistent. For example, CMOS says all proper names ending in s form the possessive by adding 's. AP Style says only use a single apostrophe for all proper names ending in s.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Just say “Wedge’s”.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Watching Clone Wars

Whoa you weren't kidding. The jump in quality for the first season 7 episode is incredible.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That's already out? Damn.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/star-wars-movie-jd-dillard-1203511055/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Variety has confirmed that a new Live Action Star Wars film is in the works from Director J.D. Dillard, who will be the first black filmmaker to helm a Star Wars project

Didn’t Kevin Feige come on to consult for star wars? This seems like a very Marvel move.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Didn’t Kevin Feige come on to consult for star wars? This seems like a very Marvel move.

...I don't know what that means.

• Options
    Getting a fairly low profile director for a big blockbuster project?

James Gunn, Taika Waititi, The Russos, Peyton Reed etc.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    A little marker drawing of Clone Wars Anakin on toned paper.

tex2xv3xmteh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.