As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and the gentle person

• Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    So I had a very weird Sunday night!

I went to a gig and was approached by a lady who ended up buying me a drink... and then propositioning me to go to the bathroom with her (I, uh, politely declined). We went outside to talk, and she was lamenting how everyone around us wouldn't speak to us (it was at this point I started to realise how drunk she was). She got another random lady into our conversation, and eventually decided to get another drink... while stumbling wildly out of her stool. The bar cut her off, and she was really sad (FIFO worker, struggling to make relationships work, also felt insecure about her job (truck driver) compared to her father). All the while, me and the other lady are trying to get her to drink some water and tell her about ourselves to make her feel a bit better (since, uh, my life has been a dumpster fire for a little while!).

Eventually we get her outside and into an uber. Me and the other lady look at each other and say, "Well... want to chat?"

Long story short, we speak for over an hour about a lot of things; I end up dropping this other person home and she wanted to make very sure that I was going to a gig tonight that I was talking up.

I think I was accidentally kind of on a date and also accidentally scheduled another date out of all of this?

WHOOPS

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Vegemyte wrote: »

I went to a gig and was approached by a lady who ended up buying me a drink... and then propositioning me to go to the bathroom with her (I, uh, politely declined). We went outside to talk, and she was lamenting how everyone around us wouldn't speak to us (it was at this point I started to realise how drunk she was). She got another random lady into our conversation, and eventually decided to get another drink... while stumbling wildly out of her stool. The bar cut her off, and she was really sad (FIFO worker, struggling to make relationships work, also felt insecure about her job (truck driver) compared to her father). All the while, me and the other lady are trying to get her to drink some water and tell her about ourselves to make her feel a bit better (since, uh, my life has been a dumpster fire for a little while!).

Eventually we get her outside and into an uber. Me and the other lady look at each other and say, "Well... want to chat?"

Long story short, we speak for over an hour about a lot of things; I end up dropping this other person home and she wanted to make very sure that I was going to a gig tonight that I was talking up.

I think I was accidentally kind of on a date and also accidentally scheduled another date out of all of this?

WHOOPS

That's a good story right there. Well done!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm imagining that first lady is a magical drunken spirit who stumbles into people's lives and creates scenarios that bring couples together before vanishing again

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just can't help but feel like I've made a terrible decision and torpedoed the closest thing I've had to an actual relationship in 5 years with somebody I really liked because I'm a dipshit who over thinks everything.

But also nothing was happening because she didn't know if she'd be here for that long. When I told her this she said nothing was set in stone and maybe she wouldn't end up leaving but like, I either gamble and stay around for like 6 months hoping things work out like I want or I gamble and end it assuming it won't work out. I just don't know how I'd win.

I dunno. I'm an idiot and I put myself in this situation. I knew all this way back and decided to stick with it so this is all on me.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Juggs, my impression is that you tried to do what's best for you, and that's commendable.

It is unfortunate the relationship did not work out, but you should not be unkind to yourself for looking out for yourself.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You don't owe her a relationship

And she deserves someone who wants to be with her

It's sad but it is life. You didn't make any mistakes.

Sometimes things just be like that.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm just tired and frustrated and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels lately. I need a break but instead, I just found out this morning I'm basically on mandatory overtime for the next month. So, on top of all this, the only thing I really have to look forward to now is... more work.

Anyway, I'll stop poopooing up the thread with all this trite, sad boy bullshit.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm just tired and frustrated and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels lately. I need a break but instead, I just found out this morning I'm basically on mandatory overtime for the next month. So, on top of all this, the only thing I really have to look forward to now is... more work.

Anyway, I'll stop poopooing up the thread with all this trite, sad boy bullshit.

If you feel like it's helping you to get this off your chest go ahead and keep posting here man.

We're here for you :bro:

• Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

WHOOPS

She was a no-show! Instead a bunch of my ex's friends showed up, who fill me with anxiety! Also I never got anything more than her first name, so I have no real way of contacting her!

Oh well!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

WHOOPS

She was a no-show! Instead a bunch of my ex's friends showed up, who fill me with anxiety! Also I never got anything more than her first name, so I have no real way of contacting her!

Oh well!

Aww, dang.

Better luck next time!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Holy shit, setting an iPhone reminder to not be an asshole and to not forget my backpack is legit the best thing I’ve ever done for myself in my entire life.

Or that’s hyperbole or whatever but it’s staying up there forever.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    My fiancée has been having a rough week and she finally opened up about it and it feels like a pressure valve has been released.

Like, the pressure wasn’t too high yet but we both are breathing easier now.

I love my fiancée very much and am so lucky to be in a relationship with someone who shows up to put in the work every Goddamned day.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I dunno if this is even the right thread for this but

So this last week I was on a work trip for some currency training. This was literally across the country from where I live. Anyway, in the class, there was this woman: she was very competent with the subject matter, but she was nervous as it was her first time. I decided to help her out by being supportive because most everyone else was only offering bravado. Long story short, we hit it off and we hung out after class for most of the week. Like 4-hour one-on-one conversations hung out; I’ve seldom been impressed by a human being more. So cut to Friday as the course is wrapping up and she offers me her number before I can ask. I was feeling pretty great about everything, and once I got back home I decided to google her. Turns out she is way more accomplished than she had let on, but for some reason that freaked me the fuck out and now I’m 14 again (to be clear: I knew she was highly accomplished already)

Other pertinent information:
    She did offhandedly mention that she is currently seeing someone, but that it’s not serious
    She lives on the other side of the country
    She works in a field marginally adjacent to mine; there’s no way the contact info swap was professionally driven
    I am stupid with these things

Joolander on
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    I dunno if this is even the right thread for this but

So this last week I was on a work trip for some currency training. This was literally across the country from where I live. Anyway, in the class, there was this woman: she was very competent with the subject matter, but she was nervous as it was her first time. I decided to help her out by being supportive because most everyone else was only offering bravado. Long story short, we hit it off and we hung out after class for most of the week. Like 4-hour one-on-one conversations hung out; I’ve seldom been impressed by a human being more. So cut to Friday as the course is wrapping up and she offers me her number before I can ask. I was feeling pretty great about everything, and once I got back home I decided to google her. Turns out she is way more accomplished than she had let on, but for some reason that freaked me the fuck out and now I’m 14 again (to be clear: I knew she was highly accomplished already)

Other pertinent information:
    She did offhandedly mention that she is currently seeing someone, but that it’s not serious
    She lives on the other side of the country
    She works in a field marginally adjacent to mine; there’s no way the contact info swap was professionally driven
    I am stupid with these things

Being across country allows you to develop a low pressure friendship if nothing else. It sounds like this person was cool, and you'll be able to bounce work things off of her and vice versa. It could be a very good thing to get to know her, even if it never develops into a romantic thing.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Thanks @webguy20

I’ve taken some time to think, and you’re right. I just kinda freaked out there for a minute

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh goodness, we are now discussing which cats to get. I need to call my landlord like, yesterday.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh goodness, we are now discussing which cats to get. I need to call my landlord like, yesterday.

Whatever kind of cats you do get, make sure to get fewer than 4.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

Whatever kind of cats you do get, make sure to get no fewer than 4.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I sent my first message on a dating app for months yesterday, and I think I might have a date on the weekend? Taking it very slowly, anyway. If it doesn't work out I shall retreat into solitude pretty sharpish in order to preserve my mental positivity but I'm quietly hopeful it'll go well.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    people with more then two cats are nuts

2t3wyegtlqmp.jpg

whoops how did that get there
    sws18htgm4bo.jpg
    HOW DID THAT GET THERE

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My relationship with the cat I live with has degraded to the point where I think we are enemies. He's a spiteful gaslighting motherfucker. It's so weird because I've never had a problem with any other cat.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    My relationship with the cat I live with has degraded to the point where I think we are enemies. He's a spiteful gaslighting motherfucker. It's so weird because I've never had a problem with any other cat.

he wants equal billing

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I guess I'm re-committing to one style of archery, the instinctive method

I've been thinking of switching to a split vision method which would reference the arrow point as a front sight, and tried it a few times now and then, but I don't think it's a good fight for me

I bought my dad two books dedicated to instinctive archery recently, I borrowed them back and am about halfway through the first one

I ordered that authors third book and his shooting techniques DVD

I went for a stroll with my dad over the weekend, we took turns shooting at stumps

It was fun

My backup bow has a flaw in it's design that nearly caused a string to break, which could have blinded me, so that was a bit exciting

Two out of the three strands of the string were frayed. There's a rough edge on the tips of the limbs up by the string nocking point

I'm going to try sanding it

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

He must know that you're used to dealing with much bigger cats so is trying to put out the same energy.

Or he's an asshole.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I just gave Bumble another shot and deleted it after about a week

I wasn't really enthusiastic going in and I suppose I should actually be wanting to go on any dates before I get into it

Also all the conversations I had kinda trailed off and then I ran out of matches. You wouldn't think that would happen in a major metropolitan area but maybe my filters were too strict

Anyway! Done with that for now

• Options
    I guess I'm re-committing to one style of archery, the instinctive method

I've been thinking of switching to a split vision method which would reference the arrow point as a front sight, and tried it a few times now and then, but I don't think it's a good fight for me

I bought my dad two books dedicated to instinctive archery recently, I borrowed them back and am about halfway through the first one

I ordered that authors third book and his shooting techniques DVD

I went for a stroll with my dad over the weekend, we took turns shooting at stumps

It was fun

My backup bow has a flaw in it's design that nearly caused a string to break, which could have blinded me, so that was a bit exciting

Two out of the three strands of the string were frayed. There's a rough edge on the tips of the limbs up by the string nocking point

I'm going to try sanding it

I had to do that once, but for a vegas style release. The metal clasp was poorly machined and it wore through the winding on the string where the arrow is knocked.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    FLEX - MUSCLES TIGHT
    MADE OF STEEL
    FLESH DELIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnzurkSGBCs

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    I work at a restaurant and all the employees found out that we all lost our jobs today. The place closed down immediately and is being taken apart already. Something about having less than 70 or so employees let corporate just end it all without notice.

What a sad morning! Our GM took it really hard since he found out last night and he was really heartbroken today while talking to us all.

I don't hang out much with my co-workers outside of work, but we all went to the nearest restaurant and had an awesome time together. Now.... time to find another job!!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh shit I am so sorry!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wow yeah, that's some bullshit. Really sorry that happened.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I didn't find this guy on Hinge attractive which is a tragedy

But he had the following question/response:
    Together we could:
    rule this city, Spider-Man

And I was just like FUCK, that's good

Unfortunately I'd already hit the X before considering I could just see if he was down for platonic chatting but ah well

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I've been pretty into muttering Spider-Man en français recently.

L'Homme Araignée est une meance!!

Obtenez-moi une photo de L'Homme Araignée pour la première page!!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    That’s “be sure to drink your Ovaltine” in French, right?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    assurez-vous de boire votre Ovaltine
    Ce n’est pas une boisson pour les raffinés, c’est de la volonté pour même les pauvres

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    c'est ne pas une ovaltine

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    They should call it ROUNDtine because the tin it comes in is round, that's gold Jerry!

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    But drinking too much makes you Oval!

boom gottem

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Woke up at 1am from a nightmare.
    Prayed to god when I realized I was in an entirely different state and house.
    So went to denny's to make a giant birthday card for a good friend.
    Drew a big ol' goofy goblin, and wowed the waitstaff.
    Gonna get signatures for it from mutual friends this morning.
    Sometimes, it feels like the pissy attitude you can pick up is literally the devil.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    The devil is boring as shit, he drives a’76 Gremlin and wears fuckin’ pomade in his hair.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think Zonugal drives a Prius.

This discussion has been closed.