As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and the gentle person

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Too far gone to do anything

On life support

Asshole aunt and judgemental grandma are on their way to the hospital, hopefully to pull the plug, as that was apparently his wish

Not sure how to feel

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Too far gone to do anything

On life support

Asshole aunt and judgemental grandma are on their way to the hospital, hopefully to pull the plug, as that was apparently his wish

Not sure how to feel

You don't have to feel anything, but whatever you do feel, don't beat yourself up about it

• Options
    Thank you, @Solar

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    yeah i know we romanticize what we should feel when a family member dies but it's horseshit. when my mom dies i was joyfully relieved and that's not what you're suppose to feel.

figure out how you feel just as you and go with it. you don't have a time limit and you don't have a responsibility

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I've found I have a very hard time ending things with someone I've been dating. I never got romantic feelings for this person and she says she never felt that way about me either, but I still just feel really guilty and sad about it and can't help but think a bit about the time we spent together. I've even thought a bit about the gifts I bought her and if she'll feel differently about them now.

I'm way too sentimental, I guess. I've felt bummed out all day when for all I know she's perfectly fine.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    I'm going through some of my old things and trying to clean my stuff from all the dust. I found some love notes from my previous relationship, I read them, and I don't feel the longing for that relationship anymore. I feel good about that!
    All I feel are the happy memories of those times and I am grateful for the time I spent with my ex gf. Throwing those notes away is no big deal I feel like, but I also found one or two pictures. It's weird, but I do feel a bit of attachment to the pictures. I feel like I just contradicted myself there.

Should I just throw them away too?

• Options
    Armoroc wrote: »
    I'm going through some of my old things and trying to clean my stuff from all the dust. I found some love notes from my previous relationship, I read them, and I don't feel the longing for that relationship anymore. I feel good about that!
    All I feel are the happy memories of those times and I am grateful for the time I spent with my ex gf. Throwing those notes away is no big deal I feel like, but I also found one or two pictures. It's weird, but I do feel a bit of attachment to the pictures. I feel like I just contradicted myself there.

Should I just throw them away too?

A future partner might not like that you held onto them. Might as well rip the band-aid off now. I know I always delete all my photos from my phone and social media.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't get rid of them, I consider that fondness a part of my history and important to remember

But I also wouldn't date someone who would be upset about me holding on to such things

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Man, today has been weird.

For one, I'm still feeling a bit down from ending my most recent relationship. We're still friends on Facebook and I saw on my newsfeed that she's worried about her new job tomorrow. I kind of want to comment but also feel like it's too soon.

Then, another woman I dated briefly late last year texted me out of the blue to say she'd been thinking of me recently. We texted back and forth and got caught up, so that was nice. I don't know if she wanted anything more, but if she did she didn't say.

Now, as in just a few minutes ago, I just got a text from another woman I went on a date with on Valentine's Day 2019 who had ghosted me the weekend after. I had sent her a message back then saying something along the lines of "sorry if I disappointed you". The text preview from her says "Who says you disappointed me?" Honestly, I'm kinda apprehensive about reading it. I'll put that off until tomorrow, I think.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kept my copy of Dark Ages VTM with all of my girlfriend's notes in it
    None of them are about me but it is obvious I did not write that stuff nor is it about the game just little vampire doodles and notes

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I momentarily thought about redownloading bumble or something but then a piercing, white hot blast of weltschmerz shot out of my eyes and my mouth, blasted a hole straight through the ceiling of my apartment and fired off into the night sky.

Decided to just drink and maybe order ramen instead.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oo, ramen.

chromdom on
  • Options
    How much ramen will it take to fill the swirling emptiness, the bleak and gaping void where once love did spring?

Dunno but at least 2 salmon onigiri would probably go a long way.

• Options
    My grandfather died last night. He was 89, I think. There are some good memories to remember and enjoy, I guess is the word.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Thank you, I appreciate it

Funeral and burial to be conducted Saturday

Taking Thursday and Friday off of work

This feels so insignificant compared to the other things going on

I have a few extra bucks, so I donated to some bail fund groups

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This random person liked one of my Instagram photos (my profile is public). Their profile is private, couple hundred followers so not a huge profile. They have a bunch of mostly selfie photos but the posts stop at the end of 2018.

Anyway her profile pic seemed interesting and she liked my photo I followed her. She accepted the request and followed back. And since then she has been sending me messages asking me random stuff but honestly not that much. She told me some details about herself.

She asked me for a photo of my haircut (she’s a hairdresser and I mentioned I cut my own hair a few days ago) and I sent her one but that was contingent on her sending me a photo. She sent me the fifth photo from her profile which, again, is from 2018. I jovially callee her out on it saying “hey, I thought you were gonna send me a new pic?” She said she would send me one but she’s at work right now.

I’m talking to a scammer or a dude or something, right?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My grandfather died last night. He was 89, I think. There are some good memories to remember and enjoy, I guess is the word.

Fuck, I’m sorry.

And my post feels like poor post proximity.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the spider in my room migrated from one end to the other

I hope it didn't crawl over all my stuff

• Options
    Your stuff has been blessed by Spider.

May you eat many lovers.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm okay with it eating insects but if it just keeps building webs all over the place it'll have to leave

Platy on
  • Options
    There does seem to exist a class of spider who's soul purpose is to build inconveniently placed blobs of spider webs as opposed to fun and practical bug catching spider webs.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Classic human arrogance to think one knows better than a spider as to locating the best web real estate

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    There does seem to exist a class of spider who's soul purpose is to build inconveniently placed blobs of spider webs as opposed to fun and practical bug catching spider webs.

If I was a Spider I'd build a web on your ass for this post

So when you sit down oh hey bucko you got web on your ass, a shame

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Less arrogance and more a distinct difference in evaluative criteria.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »

Quaint that you assume my ass isn't already full of spider's webs

• Options

Ol' buttweb Juggs is it

I shoulda known

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Ol' buttweb Juggs is it

I shoulda known

Spiders be shooting that web out of their butts, Juggs be busily shoving it all in his.

• Options
    Look sometimes a man just has a cursed eldritch ass full of spiders and maybe like a few of those weird cave crickets it's nothing to be ashamed of

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    speaking of spiders

I got bit a day ago when I laid down in bed, fucking thing ran up my arm and bit me in the arm pit, that was a really painful 3 hours that felt like I was getting jabbed with a red hot poker

Fucking sac spiders.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    4l1i9z9xzpcb.png

• Options
    oh my

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    speaking of spiders

I got bit a day ago when I laid down in bed, fucking thing ran up my arm and bit me in the arm pit, that was a really painful 3 hours that felt like I was getting jabbed with a red hot poker

Fucking sac spiders.

See and people are scared of Australian spiders. I haven’t been bitten by a spider since I was like ten.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Either that or I’ve been bitten by so many I don’t notice anymore.

• Options
    Or maybe I just died all of those years ago.

Makes a lot of sense. The only person who answers my calls is Haley Joel Osmond

• Options
    why are those last three posts blank
    They've been blank for FORTY YEEEEAAAAAARS

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I had a spiderbuddy in my old apartment

It lived outside my window on the 12th floor

I’d watch it fight wasps and stuff. Always won. Never let any wasps inside. Was a good spiderbuddy.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Amazon bought the site of the old mall they tore down like a decade ago now near me to put on a delivery hub.

That sucks tbh.

It is gonna get so much more crowded with traffic down there.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »

I’d watch it fight wasps and stuff. Always won. Never let any wasps inside. Was a good spiderbuddy.

I purposefully try to leave spiders alone because they eat all the annoying bugs I don't want to deal with.

But at the same time I can't believe this one broke my trust.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Flarne wrote: »

I purposefully try to leave spiders alone because they eat all the annoying bugs I don't want to deal with.

But at the same time I can't believe this one broke my trust.

Maybe it thought that mole in your armpit was a delicious, delicious snack?

This discussion has been closed.