The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

18911131420

Posts

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    @JusticeforPluto did your bus driver tell you who they bus drive to? Phyphor seems an odd choice.

    They did.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm curious how London and Shanghai collapsed.
    I am still reasonably sure that locations collapse once they are devoid of items.

    No, that seems correct, I just mean literally how does London collapse?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_London?

    Nope, that is London getting stolen by bats.

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You too can join the gilded guard peasant! Ask me how!

    I'm curious how London and Shanghai collapsed. I'm thinking of that scene in Inception when the city blocks form walls ( I think that was from Inception?)

    I'm okay with no vote death while we steal the macguffin to win. Locus in case he only has one time immunity, or just to prevent a green player from dying.

    I checked London last night and it was empty. Same with Shangri La on night one before it collapsed.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Empty or you didn't find anything?

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    There's no indication in the narration that the mafia kill was busdriven to Phyphor. So either the busdriver is lying or the mafia didn't target J4P last night.

    I think the former is much much much more likely

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I don't remember busdriven effects ever really being mentioned in narration in previous games.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Bluecyanpremium38thDoekimeH3Knuckles
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Plus I suppose J4P would know if that was the case.

    Hey J4P! Give us insight!

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    The bus driver told me who they targeted.

    It was not Phyphor.

    My gut tells me they took out a random villager hoping to kill someone important by chance.

  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    The bus driver told me who they targeted.

    It was not Phyphor.

    My gut tells me they took out a random villager hoping to kill someone important by chance.

    Phyphor had said he was going to de-curse me in thread, so maybe they were trying to take two of us out at once?

    H3Knuckles
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    That could be it, assuming they also don't know the order of operations. Also they may have wanted a decurser dead for their own reasons. We were warned about the dead coming back to life, might have to do with people killed by the curse specifically.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Think I’m going LostNinja tonight. Active but not adding a ton and jdark called them on it yesterday but today is more of the same.

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm really not sure.

    Locus, I guess.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Locus

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sorry for not being super analytical this game. Seasonal depresso is kicking my ass and it's hard to be a functional human.

    I'll try and be around if folks wanna network or anything but bear with me, yeah?

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    A few people had good reasoning for BlueCyan yesterday

    I think LostNinja is a bad vote, personally

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    A few people had good reasoning for BlueCyan yesterday

    I think LostNinja is a bad vote, personally

    Can you elaborate more?

    38thDoe
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Sorry for not being super analytical this game. Seasonal depresso is kicking my ass and it's hard to be a functional human.

    I'll try and be around if folks wanna network or anything but bear with me, yeah?

    Try some seasonal espresso instead!

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Animal Crossing (SW), Murder by Numbers (SW), Skyrim VR (PC)
    Erin The Red
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    This is a silly reason to vote for obi, it's a pretty reasonable inference to make that you shouldn't repeatedly vote for someone who has demonstrated themselves to not die from the vote.

    Obviously I disagree, but I'll admit it isn't strong evidence. In any event, a vote for locus is a wasted vote.

    The next people I see as being suspicuius are LostNinja, Grunt's ghost and Erin the red, who each have been hanging out doing about the minimum requirements and were perfectly fine to leave a vote on locus and forget about this day.

    Suspicious for being active on days when no one is talking but not active enough and not knowing non-public info that only you apparently knew?

    This seems a lot of the mafia tactic of just throwing half the names at the wall and see what sticks.

    You kidding?! You've had a grand total of seven (maybe eight if I missed one) posts over three days all but one of them only a sentence and most along the lines of "Voting for so and so just for a placeholder". Going after quiet people is generally my fall back when I don't have a better idea, so no this isn't just throwing names to the wall.

    @AustinP0027 The above quote tree led to Burnage and Auralynx voting against blue yesterday.
    Burnage wrote: »
    Gonna throw a vote on bluecyan.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm increasingly sure Bluecyan is less unhelpful by accident and more by design.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I was asking more about LostNinja not being a good vote.

    But for what you quoted....I'm not seeing either Burnage or Aura actually provide any real evidence there, so that also makes me question why that's considered good reasoning for a Blue vote.

    H3Knuckles38thDoe
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Obi for now.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Apparently multiple people cured me of my curse last night, and since Bluecyan stated that he'd done so after vote close I'm pretty happy assuming that he's on my side now.

  • BluecyanBluecyan Winter is Come Socially Isolated in WinterfellRegistered User regular
    I was asking more about LostNinja not being a good vote.

    But for what you quoted....I'm not seeing either Burnage or Aura actually provide any real evidence there, so that also makes me question why that's considered good reasoning for a Blue vote.

    To elaborate a bit on these: I tried to cure burnage night 2 and failed and during day 2 I told information Aura gave me in confidence to Sir Fab which then that got out resulting in the key getting stolen that night. So, I think it is quite justified them voting for me.

    Maybe there is more, and they shared it with Obi in private IDK.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I was asking more about LostNinja not being a good vote.

    But for what you quoted....I'm not seeing either Burnage or Aura actually provide any real evidence there, so that also makes me question why that's considered good reasoning for a Blue vote.

    You may've missed my reason: when Sir Fab outed me as having the Key on his way out, the only place he could've heard it was from Blue.

    I lost the Key that same night, which was a bummer. But between that and the lack of in-thread contribution when I'm well aware Bluecyan is busy behind the scenes, it seemed a better vote than Locus/Imhotep, who we have plenty of reason to suspect may indeed be an Athan. Whether he has any minions is less clear, but Beni as a neutral is a suggestive choice all by itself as far as that goes.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I was asking more about LostNinja not being a good vote.

    But for what you quoted....I'm not seeing either Burnage or Aura actually provide any real evidence there, so that also makes me question why that's considered good reasoning for a Blue vote.

    You may've missed my reason: when Sir Fab outed me as having the Key on his way out, the only place he could've heard it was from Blue.

    I lost the Key that same night, which was a bummer. But between that and the lack of in-thread contribution when I'm well aware Bluecyan is busy behind the scenes, it seemed a better vote than Locus/Imhotep, who we have plenty of reason to suspect may indeed be an Athan. Whether he has any minions is less clear, but Beni as a neutral is a suggestive choice all by itself as far as that goes.

    I did not catch that reason, actually. That's a good reason. Could be bad luck, but I'm willing to go Bluecyan

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I was asking more about LostNinja not being a good vote.

    But for what you quoted....I'm not seeing either Burnage or Aura actually provide any real evidence there, so that also makes me question why that's considered good reasoning for a Blue vote.

    You may've missed my reason: when Sir Fab outed me as having the Key on his way out, the only place he could've heard it was from Blue.

    I lost the Key that same night, which was a bummer. But between that and the lack of in-thread contribution when I'm well aware Bluecyan is busy behind the scenes, it seemed a better vote than Locus/Imhotep, who we have plenty of reason to suspect may indeed be an Athan. Whether he has any minions is less clear, but Beni as a neutral is a suggestive choice all by itself as far as that goes.

    I did not catch that reason, actually. That's a good reason. Could be bad luck, but I'm willing to go Bluecyan

    I'm pretty sure it was in essence a misunderstanding / overreach but there's only one way to be sure.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Premium because I think we need to explore the MrPaku swing some.

    The information about Blue sharing item info with Fab on day 2, presumably after Fab had revealed themself, is interesting though. Claiming to cure Burnage muddies some of the mafia vibe I get from that though. Also why would mafia share item info with the (maybe neutral) SK?

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Also, for real, if you have the Key and haven't told J4P, you're probably evil.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    AustinP0027
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don’t have a strong feeling either way but I’ve had some heebies and some jeebies about Bluecyan so I’m okay with following that train of thought.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Animal Crossing (SW), Murder by Numbers (SW), Skyrim VR (PC)
  • BluecyanBluecyan Winter is Come Socially Isolated in WinterfellRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also, for real, if you have the Key and haven't told J4P, you're probably evil.

    Same for the book of living (was stolen last night).

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also, for real, if you have the Key and haven't told J4P, you're probably evil.

    Same for the book of living (was stolen last night).

    :?

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    kime38thDoe
  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Also, for real, if you have the Key and haven't told J4P, you're probably evil.

    Same for the book of living (was stolen last night).

    Okay, this is definitely triggering my mafiadar now. Even the curse cure claim could have just been with the assumption that I'd die and not be able to contradict you. Bluecyan.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’d like to publicly invoke my I’m Making This Up ability to immediately summon death grapes against the mafias.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Animal Crossing (SW), Murder by Numbers (SW), Skyrim VR (PC)
    kime
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    For what it’s worth, Blue told me after Day 1 close they were exploring Thebes and then said they knew someone who needed a key on Day 2. Thebes collapsed that night.

    Also, Blue offered to trade me the book last night, which failed because apparently both people have to submit trade (which I didn’t). They got the message later that it had been stolen

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    For what it’s worth, Blue told me after Day 1 close they were exploring Thebes and then said they knew someone who needed a key on Day 2. Thebes collapsed that night.

    Also, Blue offered to trade me the book last night, which failed because apparently both people have to submit trade (which I didn’t). They got the message later that it had been stolen

    I mean, you'll notice I'm not voting Blue at the moment - I encourage people with any other ideas that aren't "vote for Locus / Imhotep even though it doesn't seem likely to work given the information we have about the Key / Book of Life interaction," to present them. But I remain a little suspicious of well-intentioned efforts that don't go anywhere in a game where there seems like there's reasonable probability that we're not up against a standard mafia composition.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Your argument is solid enough, I’m not really disagreeing with you.

    Personally I’m more interested in people I haven’t heard from in or out of thread who seem less interactive but still are around. That’s why I’m saying away from a Blue vote for now.

    AustinP0027 on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Winter is Come Socially Isolated in WinterfellRegistered User regular
    Hmm I'm in trouble for something I said.

    I know! I'll talk my way out of it!


    nYG0Dx3.jpg

    kimeCythraul38thDoe
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm going with BlueCyan for tonight.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    38thDoe why ain't you dead?

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe why ain't you dead?

    Is this the more info you were promising earlier?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    2 hours before day ends!! Please make sure you vote and place actions in!!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
Sign In or Register to comment.