As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    LostNinja wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Phone autocorrect

*side-eyeing ObiFett intensifies*

He's had role-blocking on the brain all day - note his earlier posts.

he's also openly working with LostNinja, and so far the case against jdarksun seems to be:
    1. Accusations by Obi regarding backchannel comms and actions that mostly can't be substantiated
    2. LostNinja saying jdark's acting like he has when mafia in previous games
    3. replaced discrider who was unusually quiet (but obviously had stuff going on that required him to withdraw)

What am I missing?

Interesting how you throw this out there like I’m confirmed mafia, or by all accounts Obi has been equally working with Jdark and presumably JFP (who I told Obi’s role to last night in case I was being played).

I'm not accusing you, just pointing out that the whole argument presented against jdark seems to come from two people who openly acknowledged working together. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just something to consider when trying to assess who to trust.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    jdark

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Phone autocorrect

he's also openly working with LostNinja, and so far the case against jdarksun seems to be:
    1. Accusations by Obi regarding backchannel comms and actions that mostly can't be substantiated
    3. replaced discrider who was unusually quiet (but obviously had stuff going on that required him to withdraw)

What am I missing?

Interesting how you throw this out there like I’m confirmed mafia, or by all accounts Obi has been equally working with Jdark and presumably JFP (who I told Obi’s role to last night in case I was being played).

I'm not accusing you, just pointing out that the whole argument presented against jdark seems to come from two people who openly acknowledged working together. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just something to consider when trying to assess who to trust.

My story is easily corroborated by both jdark and lostninja. They both got a pm from me during day one

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Vote closed! Day 5 is over. Narration may be a bit late.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Phone autocorrect

What am I missing?

My story is easily corroborated by both jdark and lostninja. They both got a pm from me during day one

Personally, I don't doubt you've had a consistent story all game

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Fuck I’m very sorry. I had jdark in my drafts as my vote target.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Day 6: The Sands of Fury!

Imhotep walked among mortals. He had been like them, once. Long ago. Working tirelessly to appease his Pharaoh Seti I, Imhotep had risen to one of the highest positions in all of Egypt—only to lose it all in one fell swoop. His beloved Anck-Su-Namun taken from him twice over. His priests, mummified before his eyes. And himself cursed under the Hom-Dai, a dark shadow upon his soul that continually drew him back to the waking world of the living.

Things changed, and would soon change again. Having drained another hapless fool (CYTHRAUL) of his life essence, Imhotep made haste to return to his Anck-Su-Namun. (JDARKSUN) He found her, lifeless. Again. The book and the key she had been keeping for him—gone. Imhotep's face darkened. And the sands grew restless with the power of his fury.

The deceased:
    (CYTHRAUL)-Death by death
    Anck-Su-Namun. (JDARKSUN)-Brutal Force

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    PMs on the way!

• Options
    Well dunno about y'all but I'm willing to trust Obi now

Steam profile
  • Options
    I want to say this is the first time I'm going to die (I'm cursed and also took no actions last night) because I'm an asshole, but that's definitely not true.

• Options
    All PMs should be out! Day 6 can begin

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Well, I stand corrected.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I am cursed, and I will die if not cured.

Maybe don't announce yourself in thread, lest you make yourself a target like Phyphor.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    OooOoOoOooOooOooOoo

Neat!

OooOoOoOooOooOooOoo

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I am cursed, and I will die if not cured. Maybe don't announce yourself in thread like poor Phyphor, lest you make yourself a target.

Let the person you are curing know (so we don't over cure) and then announce at vote close whom you are curing. Seems the safest way to me.

So... I see two possibilities (assuming a standard mafia set up)

1) Obi is a mafia and we just had a good strong couple of village wagons and mafia just had to try to join the winning side to not look suspicious.

or

2) Obi is not mafia and the mafia REALLY screwed up because it would have been soo easy to swing that with locus waiting in the wings.

So, for the time being I'm going to go with Drez holding off on a last minute vote lines up well with (2) and is not bad for (1). Maybe they couldn't get their mafia organized fast enough, or maybe they did intend to jump on Jdark at the end.

• Options
    I should probably note, the wording of what the curse will do definitely could be interpreted as conversion: I'm paraphrasing slightly, but it says I need the cure to remain with 'the living'.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So I had a cure last night that I had planned to use on Erin the red but it was stolen after telling them I had it and was going to use it in them.

The other people that knew I had it were:

JFP (dead)
    Obi (feel fairly strong is village after last night)
    Burnage - who I offered to use it on when they were cured but they already had one lined up

Even if these weren’t related, they didn’t not die, so it possible they were converted. If it is a conversion mechanic I am concerned about our increasing number of cursed individuals and decreasing number of cures with no more locations available to find more.

Also really suspicious of that late Obi wagon based on what appeared to be a typo between the two powers he had going on. Of that wagon H3 and GG both stand out.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I am cursed, and I will die if not cured. Maybe don't announce yourself in thread like poor Phyphor, lest you make yourself a target.

Let the person you are curing know (so we don't over cure) and then announce at vote close whom you are curing. Seems the safest way to me.

1) Obi is a mafia and we just had a good strong couple of village wagons and mafia just had to try to join the winning side to not look suspicious.

or

2) Obi is not mafia and the mafia REALLY screwed up because it would have been soo easy to swing that with locus waiting in the wings.

So, for the time being I'm going to go with Drez holding off on a last minute vote lines up well with (2) and is not bad for (1). Maybe they couldn't get their mafia organized fast enough, or maybe they did intend to jump on Jdark at the end.

Obi seems to have started the village wagon. My vote was based off him telling me what he said in thread in PM first.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    LostNinja offered to cure me but here I am, still cursed as hell.

Also still susp to me is BlueCyan
    Also also pinging as being off is Grunt's Ghost

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I got a message last night saying my illness is worse and I'll die if not cured tonight. If anyone has a cure please contact me?

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    ANCK-SUN-AMUN!!!!!

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Awkward...

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »

or

I have no defense for my lack of activity other than that I got terribly drunk with a coworker and I forgot to get my action and vote in.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The book and the key she had been keeping for him—gone.

Really important line from narration in case people didn't see it.

Based on the fact that no locations became searchable again, I'm assuming these ended up in someone's hands. If you have either, you need to be talking to Obi.

• Options
    I mentioned this right before the "All PMs have been sent" message from Mamawolf, but I am also cursed for the second day running and will not last much longer.

The wording of my PM makes it sound pretty clear I will be dead, not converted or whatever. I guess the PM I got on my first day of being cursed could sound ambigious in the same way H3K says, but not, I'm pretty sure it just means dead and I'll be dead tomorrow if I'm not cured first.

• Options
    The fact that Jdark had the book and key should be the evidence ya'll need to trust that I'm village. Mafia wouldn't throw that person under the bus if this was some elaborate gambit.

So please coordinate with me, give me any info you've got and lets see if we can win this.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I picked Obi over Jdark last night because I felt Obi couldn't keep his story straight then blamed it on autocorrect and whatnot and I hadn't seen much from Jdark, especially since he took over for disc.

• Options
    I picked Obi over Jdark last night because I felt Obi couldn't keep his story straight then blamed it on autocorrect and whatnot and I hadn't seen much from Jdark, especially since he took over for disc.

Which is honestly a fair assessment, that mistype was pretty not great on my part.

• Options
    Found out where my cure went. Switching to H3 for leading the Obi counter wagon.

• Options
    If you have any keys or books, please talk to me. I think we should be able to coordinate getting them into one person's hands so we can use them.

• Options
    What if I have a key and/or book?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »

Seems implausible given jdark dying with them.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

Then give them to me. I mean we've already killed your love. Might as well just let us send you to her.

• Options

Seems implausible given jdark dying with them.
    Yeah, that wasn't great. But there's more than one book.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Everyone should also be letting Obi know under what circumstances they became cursed if you haven't already, imo.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited December 2019
    WTB Book of Life 7: The Phoenix's Apprentice x1 PST

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Just a little reminder to please include me in PMs if you haven't already! Also, hope everyone is enjoying themselves!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Auralynx had the most suspicious vote switch last night, imo

• Options
    premium wrote: »

I just plain made a bad call last night, but it did at least keep things close enough to create some tension about who might break which way - which you yourself got some benefit from!

Fear that we were headed for another super-bold play by Obi in a game with unusual mechanics is the justification I can offer. That's about it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    premium wrote: »

I just plain made a bad call last night, but it did at least keep things close enough to create some tension about who might break which way - which you yourself got some benefit from!

Fear that we were headed for another super-bold play by Obi in a game with unusual mechanics is the justification I can offer. That's about it.

Yeah I mean like.... I think yesterday was pretty sketchy. Turned out Obi was right! But there was reasonably room for doubt.

That said, if the vote was close, Obi-doubters are still a good place to look.

Steam profile