The Mummy [Phalla] GAME OVER: This is only the beginning! UNDEAD VICTORY!

1679111220

Posts

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm gonna keep my vote on Locus.

    Wouldn't an unkillable mafia want the village to keep trying to kill them? Ruin vote record and waste time hitting their heads against the wall?

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    An unexpected work thing has me working tonight. Would people want the day extended to end tonight at 12am EST or tomorrow, Monday 12/16/19 at 11pm?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just an extra hour? Fine with me

    Also, I want to test Locus at least once more

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Wouldn't an unkillable mafia want the village to keep trying to kill them? Ruin vote record and waste time hitting their heads against the wall?

    This is a really good point. It would benefit mafia to have us keep voting the same person over and over if they couldn’t really be voted out.

    I lean more and more that there was a one time power fired off just to delay the death.

  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    Since it has become apparent SirFab was talking to the mafia here's the deal: the book of life can make imotept mortal but needs to be unlocked with the key.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    obifett

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Do we have any details on what the curse does yet, and how many people have been affected?
    Wouldn't an unkillable mafia want the village to keep trying to kill them? Ruin vote record and waste time hitting their heads against the wall?

    This is a really good point. It would benefit mafia to have us keep voting the same person over and over if they couldn’t really be voted out.

    I lean more and more that there was a one time power fired off just to delay the death.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if it could be used more than once but requires a build up until we have combined certain items like the books.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    Since it has become apparent SirFab was talking to the mafia here's the deal: the book of life can make imotept mortal but needs to be unlocked with the key.

    So how do you know this then?

  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    Since it has become apparent SirFab was talking to the mafia here's the deal: the book of life can make imotept mortal but needs to be unlocked with the key.

    So how do you know this then?

    Sir Fab had the book yesterday, and it has become very obvious they were talking to the mafia. I have it now, and I have told nobody about it until now (and J4P an hour before now).

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    This is a silly reason to vote for obi, it's a pretty reasonable inference to make that you shouldn't repeatedly vote for someone who has demonstrated themselves to not die from the vote.

    kimeCythraul
  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    This is a silly reason to vote for obi, it's a pretty reasonable inference to make that you shouldn't repeatedly vote for someone who has demonstrated themselves to not die from the vote.

    Obviously I disagree, but I'll admit it isn't strong evidence. In any event, a vote for locus is a wasted vote.

    The next people I see as being suspicuius are LostNinja, Grunt's ghost and Erin the red, who each have been hanging out doing about the minimum requirements and were perfectly fine to leave a vote on locus and forget about this day.

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Day 3 has been extended to end at 12AM EST tonight! So, please make sure to get those votes and actions in!!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    Since it has become apparent SirFab was talking to the mafia here's the deal: the book of life can make imotept mortal but needs to be unlocked with the key.

    I shouldnt have information about what? That it's a bad idea to do the same thing and expect different results?

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    This is a silly reason to vote for obi, it's a pretty reasonable inference to make that you shouldn't repeatedly vote for someone who has demonstrated themselves to not die from the vote.

    Obviously I disagree, but I'll admit it isn't strong evidence. In any event, a vote for locus is a wasted vote.

    The next people I see as being suspicuius are LostNinja, Grunt's ghost and Erin the red, who each have been hanging out doing about the minimum requirements and were perfectly fine to leave a vote on locus and forget about this day.

    Suspicious for being active on days when no one is talking but not active enough and not knowing non-public info that only you apparently knew?

    This seems a lot of the mafia tactic of just throwing half the names at the wall and see what sticks.

  • BluecyanBluecyan On a mission from Glod Bee there Orr Bee A Rectangular ThyngRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    This is a silly reason to vote for obi, it's a pretty reasonable inference to make that you shouldn't repeatedly vote for someone who has demonstrated themselves to not die from the vote.

    Obviously I disagree, but I'll admit it isn't strong evidence. In any event, a vote for locus is a wasted vote.

    The next people I see as being suspicuius are LostNinja, Grunt's ghost and Erin the red, who each have been hanging out doing about the minimum requirements and were perfectly fine to leave a vote on locus and forget about this day.

    Suspicious for being active on days when no one is talking but not active enough and not knowing non-public info that only you apparently knew?

    This seems a lot of the mafia tactic of just throwing half the names at the wall and see what sticks.

    You kidding?! You've had a grand total of seven (maybe eight if I missed one) posts over three days all but one of them only a sentence and most along the lines of "Voting for so and so just for a placeholder". Going after quiet people is generally my fall back when I don't have a better idea, so no this isn't just throwing names to the wall.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if the vote didn't work on Locus last night, it won't work on them tonight...

    This is entirely accurate, based on the information I have, locus is immotept and is immortal currently.
    However, you should not have access to this information unless you're mafia.

    obifett

    Since it has become apparent SirFab was talking to the mafia here's the deal: the book of life can make imotept mortal but needs to be unlocked with the key.

    These are all incredibly obvious inferences if you've seen the movie. Pretty sure it's come up in the thread already. Really weak vote reasoning imo

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    AuralynxjdarksunErin The RedH3Knuckles
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm normally quiet until I get a feeling on something. Plus, I'm playing Red Dead Online, so my time has been divided.

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    MrPaku for the instant jump on Obi.

    I have no suspicions right now but that move felt off.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I can get behind a MrPaku vote for jumping on the first suspicions cast on someone despite it being absolutely horrible reasoning.

    kime
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    More like "I have ten minutes to check things before needing to do Real Life and I don't want to vote Locus because it seems pointless and I've found someone who threw out a vote on Obi (who I've put personally found kinda suspicious!) and I kinda want a strong second place to start early because I don't know what's up with the voting", but hey, watching people explaining my reasoning to me in definite terms is a good times!

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'd really like to hear from some of the ostensibly-cursed people about what, if anything, has changed before voting.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    mrpakuLostNinja
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    mrpaku wrote: »
    More like "I have ten minutes to check things before needing to do Real Life and I don't want to vote Locus because it seems pointless and I've found someone who threw out a vote on Obi (who I've put personally found kinda suspicious!) and I kinda want a strong second place to start early because I don't know what's up with the voting", but hey, watching people explaining my reasoning to me in definite terms is a good times!

    "I don't want to vote locus because it seems pointless"

    Then votes for someone who is literally being voted for voicing that same opinion

    Checks out

    ObiFett on
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    A little under 6 hours left. Remember to vote and send in actions!! Also, have fun!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Oh, by the way, I'm still cursed and going to die tonight because of it

    If anyone could throw a last minute, uh, decurse my way I'd appreciate it

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Oh, by the way, I'm still cursed and going to die tonight because of it

    If anyone could throw a last minute, uh, decurse my way I'd appreciate it

    I found a thing, I got you (though it does say attempt so might not be 100%?)

    mrpaku
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah I think mrpaku for the instant jump-on is a good guess

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What should a poor drunkillager do tonight.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    What should a poor drunkillager do tonight.

    Trade your items to kime

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    premium
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    What should a poor drunkillager do tonight.

    Trade your items to kime

    The only item I have is an item that immediately ends the game with a village victory so why would I trade that

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Probably just best to use it

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    *immediately falls asleep*

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    kime
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    MrPaku for now. Hoping to have more time to go over things before close tonight though

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    What’s the Paku logic here?

    Have we given up in Locus being possible to vote out and now we’re taking potshots elsewhere?

    Assumption being what? That we’re going to try and hit the other mafia maybe?

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I can get behind a MrPaku vote for jumping on the first suspicions cast on someone despite it being absolutely horrible reasoning.

  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Okay, I know I'm doing a bit of breaking theme here, but has anyone who has played this game with me for a bit ever seen the show called "What We Do In the Shadows?" And, if you have, are you familiar with "Jeff's" whole deal?

    Asking for a friend

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    That explains why he gets the vote but not why we’ve written off a Locus vote. Are we giving up on possibility that Locus can be voted out?

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    That explains why he gets the vote but not why we’ve written off a Locus vote. Are we giving up on possibility that Locus can be voted out?

    It's a risk.

    We know that Locus couldn't be voted out. If we vote for him again, and nothing has changed, then we lose a second day of the vote. That's a huge waste of the village's resources.

    I'm not giving up entirely on it, but I think we should pursue other options first.

    Locus
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If we think someone else is likely mafia then we can try someone else. If we are not sure than we are better off not killing another villager.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'd rather have vote records than a wasted night.

    mrpaku, either you turn up red or we can focus on the quick turn on you.

    Locus
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I'd rather have vote records than a wasted night.

    mrpaku, either you turn up red or we can focus on the quick turn on you.

    *I agree*, and I don't have all night to spend watching the thread, so given all the current vote trickery we've seen afoot, I'm electing that mrpaku eat the vote tonight, so we can *finally* see the will of the village enacted in a right and proper fashion, and learn from it's decisions justly!

    Please understand that I hold you *all*(i.e. "The Living") in the highest respect, but feel I have no other real play than this to help myself and my fellow villagers! I *sincerely* hope you won't all be eaten by undead and hell-bugs and the desert- Good Night, and Good Luck!

Sign In or Register to comment.